www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO.

Go down 
+2
steerpyke
Thingywhatsit
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO. Empty
PostSubject: IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO.   IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO. EmptySat 08 Apr 2006, 14:52

Let's discuss. What improvements do you think would improve the quality of your ciao experience as well as enhance Ciao's efficiency as a site. Look from both sides and discuss.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO.   IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO. EmptySat 08 Apr 2006, 19:14

Im not sure how you could do it without leaving the system open for manipulation but ive always thought it odd that there is no renumeration for non-member reads. Members buy and large will read a lot of reviews that as a shopper they would have no use for, members after all act as a sort of standards police for the writers themselves. Surely though the test of any review piece is how useful it is to a stranger usinig it as part of active research on a product. As it stands this has no bearing on the renumeration of a writer. Those who write on very popular products must be guiding loads of hits through Ciaos corporate links, could that extra traffic not be reflected in the earnings of the writer. But then i write about obscure history books so i aint got nothing to gain....bugger.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO.   IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO. EmptySat 08 Apr 2006, 19:16

Yes, but how would you improve ciao as a site ?
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

PostSubject: Re: IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO.   IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO. EmptySat 08 Apr 2006, 20:22

free biscuits with every diamond?
Back to top Go down
Minnitee

Minnitee

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2006-03-23

PostSubject: Re: IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO.   IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO. EmptySat 08 Apr 2006, 23:02

I don't think there is anything that can be improved ... unless they scrap the lot and start all over.

My email to Ciao to remove my account and all reviews, comments and GB entries has been written, only waiting for the last payment to hit my bank account before I send it off to them.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO.   IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO. EmptySat 08 Apr 2006, 23:29

Why not give them the benefit of the doubt and help us suggest things that would improve the place. Your input would be valuable.
Back to top Go down
Minnitee

Minnitee

PostSubject: Re: IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO.   IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO. EmptySat 08 Apr 2006, 23:38

I gave them the benefit of the doubt for far too long, I can't see anything improving and I have made my decision final, only waiting for the money to reach my account, knowing Ciao they will find a way to stop the transfer before it hits my account. But as soon as I see the BACS payment the email gets sent. There's nothing they can do to change my mind. And I have waited for more than a month now for an email promised to me and it's not yet arrived.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO.   IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO. EmptySat 08 Apr 2006, 23:40

Anything I can help with. For some unknown reason I seem to have their ear. Message me if I can help.
Back to top Go down
Minnitee

Minnitee

PostSubject: Re: IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO.   IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO. EmptySat 08 Apr 2006, 23:43

Thanks for the offer but my decision is final, thinking of writing one more review to let off steam before I leave the site but I haven't actually made up my mind if I actually want to post it. I might just send them the email.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO.   IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO. EmptySat 08 Apr 2006, 23:45

Okay, remember though, that there are writers on the site that enjoy your reviews and we would like to see people stick around even though ciao are acting in a strange way at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Nar

Nar

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2006-03-19

PostSubject: Re: IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO.   IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO. EmptySun 09 Apr 2006, 20:23

Frankly Im quite happy to leave the site and work for Ciao. Id like to be the one in power to block copiers, get rid of abusers and for other people, "no names mentioned," get rid of people who feel it is right to be vindictive to one another no matter how long they have written on Ciao/been an established member.

But then again, for an overall improvement to the service Id like to see someone who is on 24/7 365 days a week so that members can see and contact a guide online ALL THE TIME. If Ciao is so important to the welfare of its companies who benefit from OUR work, isnt it about time Ciao did something instead of waiting X amount of days until results happen?

If there was an online TEAM of people then perhaps more announcements which are daily and better structured to the faults on the site could also inform Ciao members instead of putting on old news 2 months too late in the community and system announcements.
Back to top Go down
jo145

jo145

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2006-03-06

PostSubject: Re: IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO.   IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO. EmptySun 09 Apr 2006, 21:28

Someone online to answer questions would be great, but expensive.That could mean we earn even less!
I am still waiting for a reply regarding my great prize for the travel review. I eventually received a code to use with Pixmania for photos, which I had needed for Christmas! When I put it in it wasn't accepted, so no prize. No reply from ciao either! bounce
I know I've not been about a lot lately, but I have been unaware of major problems, and like Ciao.

No doubt I'll be shot down now! Smile
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO.   IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO. EmptySun 09 Apr 2006, 23:12

That's terrible Jo, and they should be told your vouchers didn't work.
Back to top Go down
Nar

Nar

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2006-03-19

PostSubject: Re: IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO.   IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO. EmptyTue 11 Apr 2006, 20:17

jo145 wrote:
Someone online to answer questions would be great, but expensive. That could mean we earn even less!

Expensive? I guess it must be more expensive for different European branches of Ciao to exist against Ciao UK. After all from time to time other European Ciao members join the UK branch because its more involved.

I dont think we, as members should be asked to pay either through the premium funds etc to benefit from having an online help 24/7. Ciao should have it in place and if they did, they would probably stand out from other review companies. Oh anyway... Moving on.

Other improvements Id like to see are:

Inclusion of a "Category Not Working" button on the dramas of proposing or searching a product. Ive had enough of this phrase appearing after much stress; "this+page+is+not+available+try+later+on," or words to those effect appearing at odd times.

An improvement of the COT system on the Statistics page; it would be helpful to know who exactly has dropped you off, or who has left the site.

Public and Private Guestbooks at either end of the main selection choice in the main profile member page. This way members wont mistake where to post messages! (ahem!)
Back to top Go down
firbit

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2006-05-14

PostSubject: ciao   IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO. EmptySun 14 May 2006, 23:47

I have noticed that i have never been paid for any off my surveys i did for them since i joined back in october i have emailled and emailled them but still not answer, and the site seems very clicky clicky and bitchy
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

PostSubject: Re: ciao   IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO. EmptySun 14 May 2006, 23:53

firbit wrote:
and the site seems very clicky clicky and bitchy

How to win friends and influence people. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
firbit

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2006-05-14

PostSubject: pardon   IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO. EmptySun 14 May 2006, 23:57

pardon
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO.   IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO. EmptyMon 15 May 2006, 01:16

Hello and welcome to the site. What problems are you having with ciao apart from the payment thing. We do not mention names here so personality problems are not discussed, but I understand you are not having replies from ciao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO.   IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO. Empty

Back to top Go down

IMPROVEMENTS ON CIAO.
Page 1 of 1