www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

POSSIBLY HARMFUL REVIEWS.

Go down 
+2
sugarnspice
Thingywhatsit
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

POSSIBLY HARMFUL REVIEWS. Empty
PostSubject: POSSIBLY HARMFUL REVIEWS.   POSSIBLY HARMFUL REVIEWS. EmptyFri 14 Apr 2006, 16:20

What do you do when you find a review that you consider either racist or defammatory. Personally I report them and let dooyoo take the decision, but wondered what others do.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
sugarnspice

sugarnspice

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2006-03-07

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLY HARMFUL REVIEWS.   POSSIBLY HARMFUL REVIEWS. EmptyFri 14 Apr 2006, 16:43

Thingywhatsit wrote:
defammatory

Racism is pretty clear cut. It stands out a mile away in reviews and there's no mistaking it most of the time.

Defammatory is where I have an issue. It's not clear cut at all. One person may read something as defammatory whereas another person may read it as sarcastic black humour. Would you/anyone instantly report something you presumed was defammatory?
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLY HARMFUL REVIEWS.   POSSIBLY HARMFUL REVIEWS. EmptyFri 14 Apr 2006, 16:46

No I would not, but if I see something that I definitely know to be wrong that's another story. Take for example someone wrote something like "Cilla Black is lesbian". I think that personal insults have no place unless backed up by fact.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
sugarnspice

sugarnspice

Number of posts : 152

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLY HARMFUL REVIEWS.   POSSIBLY HARMFUL REVIEWS. EmptyFri 14 Apr 2006, 16:51

Thingywhatsit wrote:
No I would not, but if I see something that I definitely know to be wrong that's another story. Take for example someone wrote something like "Cilla Black is lesbian". I think that personal insults have no place unless backed up by fact.

But again it all depends in what context it was written. Keith would get away with comments like that cos he's bloody funny when he gets going. It's all in the context.

I get accused ALL the time of being aggresive, for ranting in reviews, for being angry etc. Occasionally I am guilty of ALL those sins, but most of the time i'm just being my usual sarcastic, blunt, cheekily rude self.

Ciao accused me of defammation once. It made me want to show them exactly what i'd sound like if I really WAS defamming something.
Back to top Go down
Jill Murphy

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLY HARMFUL REVIEWS.   POSSIBLY HARMFUL REVIEWS. EmptyFri 14 Apr 2006, 17:56

If you think something is offensive, NU it.

If you think something contravenes site rules, NU it and report it.

One nano-second later, forget it ever existed and move on.
Back to top Go down
tractor-boy

tractor-boy

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2006-03-04

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLY HARMFUL REVIEWS.   POSSIBLY HARMFUL REVIEWS. EmptyFri 14 Apr 2006, 18:02

Thingywhatsit wrote:
...."Cilla Black is lesbian"

I knew it!
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLY HARMFUL REVIEWS.   POSSIBLY HARMFUL REVIEWS. EmptyFri 14 Apr 2006, 21:01

There was a discussion review today that I found pretty nasty and ill-informed. My policy is NU it and leave a comment to the effect that they might as well sod off as there views are offensive. Most people write this sort of thing because they want an argument or want to be seen as being contraversial. If you basically call them an idiot and dont rise to it they will soon get bored and join another site/chat room or whatever.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Cerberus

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2006-04-15

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLY HARMFUL REVIEWS.   POSSIBLY HARMFUL REVIEWS. EmptySun 16 Apr 2006, 21:23

I though Cilla was a proffesional scouser Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLY HARMFUL REVIEWS.   POSSIBLY HARMFUL REVIEWS. Empty

Back to top Go down

POSSIBLY HARMFUL REVIEWS.
Page 1 of 1