www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The stupid amount of people who join and never write

Go down 
+6
Thingywhatsit
WendyBull
atticusuk
steerpyke
Cerberus
butters
10 posters
AuthorMessage
butters

butters

Number of posts : 975
Registration date : 2006-03-26

The stupid amount of people who join and never write Empty
PostSubject: The stupid amount of people who join and never write   The stupid amount of people who join and never write EmptyMon 01 May 2006, 20:25

I'm sorry but it is pathetic. Type in any name and search under members andmost of them will say 0 reviews, click on them and they've not read either. Then you get the ones that haven't posted in 3 years. If i give up-i'll leave a byebye message and i think dooyoo should delete some members that haven't written. What 'dya think?
Back to top Go down
Cerberus

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2006-04-15

PostSubject: Re: The stupid amount of people who join and never write   The stupid amount of people who join and never write EmptyMon 01 May 2006, 21:05

It would not suprise me if dooyoo themselves didnt create some of these dummy accounts to make the place look busier.I mean its dependant on hits at the end of the day right.Theres only so many non Russell Group universoty students and skateboarders out there after all.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: The stupid amount of people who join and never write   The stupid amount of people who join and never write EmptyMon 01 May 2006, 21:11

I dont see how creating ghost accounts that never write anything makes the place look busier, bit of a wind up there I think.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
butters

butters

Number of posts : 975
Registration date : 2006-03-26

PostSubject: Re: The stupid amount of people who join and never write   The stupid amount of people who join and never write EmptyMon 01 May 2006, 22:56

Yeah, for sweets on sweetcollect but there and thousands on dooyoo
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

PostSubject: Re: The stupid amount of people who join and never write   The stupid amount of people who join and never write EmptyMon 01 May 2006, 23:46

now you have lost me
Back to top Go down
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: The stupid amount of people who join and never write   The stupid amount of people who join and never write EmptyTue 02 May 2006, 00:25

Maybe dooyoo have to guarante sponsors so many new members a month and stuff.It cant just be delinquents students and Hoodies.Theres stuff we all do at work thats al ittle naughty.. right!
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: The stupid amount of people who join and never write   The stupid amount of people who join and never write EmptyTue 02 May 2006, 00:29

I have registered on tons of sites and then never gone back to them, when my PC crashed as I switched provider and e-mail address most of those accounts I never returned to yet I'm sure they still exist as one of them actually wrote to me the other day to say that e-mails were not getting through.

I think you are looking for something that is not there.
Back to top Go down
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: The stupid amount of people who join and never write   The stupid amount of people who join and never write EmptyTue 02 May 2006, 00:39

Never think better of companies dude,its dog eat dog out there.I would do the same if it was my website.At 3p a hit then everyone would be taking this place seriously.The other sensario is the obvious one in that churners have multiple accounts ad mark their own work, instead of putting the time in like we do.
Back to top Go down
marcelle

PostSubject: Re: The stupid amount of people who join and never write   The stupid amount of people who join and never write EmptyTue 02 May 2006, 01:18

Am I missing somthing on this thread? I don't see the point in this thread at all. Just what are we gaining from this thread?

Ok there are members on Dooyoo/Ciao/YSC/Rpoints and others that have not posted any reviews, comments etc but who cares.

Just because they don't comment or review does not mean they do not look at the site and as Sirg has said many people hoin sites and forget all about them.

Example~ I was reading a comment on MSE website and thought I should jpin this and have a say. I typed in my user name in to the form and it said username inuse... I was like no way. I tried my usual username and password only to be greeted with the welcome page. On checking this site I noticed that I joined some 4mths ago. Oh and I forgot.
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The stupid amount of people who join and never write   The stupid amount of people who join and never write EmptyTue 02 May 2006, 09:55

Maybe Butters is like me and likes everything to be tidy and in order. I would like to see all the inactive accounts deleted too just to make it look tidy! I am that sad!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: The stupid amount of people who join and never write   The stupid amount of people who join and never write EmptyTue 02 May 2006, 10:01

It's the ones that rate and never write that would worry me far more than inactive ones !
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
mattygroves

mattygroves

Number of posts : 397
Location : I like it here, but I have a summer home in reality
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: The stupid amount of people who join and never write   The stupid amount of people who join and never write EmptyTue 02 May 2006, 11:14

Thingywhatsit wrote:
It's the ones that rate and never write that would worry me far more than inactive ones !

Why? Because someone doesn't write (perhaps doesn't have the skill or confidence) doesn't mean they can't review or rate well, surely?

Book reviewers haven't usually themselves written books - that doesn't make them ineligable to judge a book!
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The stupid amount of people who join and never write   The stupid amount of people who join and never write EmptyTue 02 May 2006, 13:14

mattygroves wrote:
Thingywhatsit wrote:

Why? Because someone doesn't write (perhaps doesn't have the skill or confidence) doesn't mean they can't review or rate well, surely?

Book reviewers haven't usually themselves written books - that doesn't make them ineligable to judge a book!

I took that more to mean that if they rate and not write it maybe more likely they are duplicate accounts rating own work or something like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: The stupid amount of people who join and never write   The stupid amount of people who join and never write EmptyTue 02 May 2006, 13:14

Hi Kate, welcome back. Smile

I agree.

people join a site for whatever reason they chose, be it a promotion or curiosity and it is their choice to write or not really.

Manchester United have 100's of thousands of members but can only seat 70,000 in their stadium. But over the course of time those people will but merchandise, watch them on MUTV or do something which will make Man U money.

No different for Dooyoo membership really.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: The stupid amount of people who join and never write   The stupid amount of people who join and never write EmptyTue 02 May 2006, 14:33

Thingywhatsit wrote:

I can think of a few people I would rather were rating and not writing! And I can think of a few members who do not write but rate and add a lot to the site!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
raehippychick

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2006-03-21

PostSubject: Re: The stupid amount of people who join and never write   The stupid amount of people who join and never write EmptyTue 02 May 2006, 14:57

People who have joined and don't write or read or rate don't bother me in the least - they aren't taking up ayone else's space or anything. I guess it looks 'untidy' if you go looking for it, but as I haven't ever gone looking like that it is isn't something I have noticed - and I'd prefer 'empty' accounts to those annoying churners who clog up the new in list with a few lines of drivel, abuse or advertising

When it comes to...

Thingywhatsit wrote:

When I first joined I read and rated but didn't write for a good few weeks before I put an op up as I wanted to get an idea of what was expected of me before I stuck my head over the parapet as it were

Sometimes it is pretty obvious that some people who only rate may be part of a clicking cartel, but not always; I have had at least one comment on one of my ops by a member who has only rated and comented once, so I assumed he/she joined up merely to make that one comment, which was quite flattering to me!
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: The stupid amount of people who join and never write   The stupid amount of people who join and never write EmptyTue 02 May 2006, 15:15

yeh I suppose you are right and that would be a compliment to me too. I suppose that I think like that after all the multiple accounts that have been found on ciao, which are a little more obvious from statistics.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: The stupid amount of people who join and never write   The stupid amount of people who join and never write EmptyTue 02 May 2006, 16:49

Just curiosity really and not even an important question, but I wondered what happens when someone joins, posts loads of stupid reviews and then gets them all deleted. Do they stay a member and show up as a zero ?
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: The stupid amount of people who join and never write   The stupid amount of people who join and never write EmptyTue 02 May 2006, 17:36

Thingywhatsit wrote:
Just curiosity really and not even an important question, but I wondered what happens when someone joins, posts loads of stupid reviews and then gets them all deleted. Do they stay a member and show up as a zero ?

I am not sure, hold on.

Phil, what happens mate? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: The stupid amount of people who join and never write   The stupid amount of people who join and never write EmptyTue 02 May 2006, 21:13

If you have accounts where the person has read and rated a lot and not writtenanything then its pretty clear whats going on.
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

PostSubject: Re: The stupid amount of people who join and never write   The stupid amount of people who join and never write EmptyTue 02 May 2006, 21:44

Angus wrote:
Thingywhatsit wrote:

I am not sure, hold on.

Phil, what happens mate? Twisted Evil

Classic Razz
Back to top Go down
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: The stupid amount of people who join and never write   The stupid amount of people who join and never write EmptyWed 03 May 2006, 00:44

You nudge them and they dissapear..Capiche!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The stupid amount of people who join and never write   The stupid amount of people who join and never write Empty

Back to top Go down

The stupid amount of people who join and never write
Page 1 of 1