www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Can I ask a stupid question please?

Go down 
+3
drewboy
berlioz
lindsayjayne
7 posters
AuthorMessage
lindsayjayne

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2006-05-15

Can I ask a stupid question please? Empty
PostSubject: Can I ask a stupid question please?   Can I ask a stupid question please? EmptySun 18 Jun 2006, 20:41

I feel really stupid asking this but here goes. Embarassed

You know products that are listed on Ciao under partner sites. Is there any way to write a review on one of them? Embarassed

I recently asked Ciao to add a product and they e-mailed me back saying no as it was already listed. However when I searched again it was on a partner site - Amazon. Obviously if you click on the product link it takes you straight to Amazon, so I'm presuming there's no way to review any of those products, but I'm not sure.

It's annoying because there are several products that I'd like to review but they're all on partner sites.

So, I'd really appreciate it if anyone could confirm/correct me on this. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a stupid question please?   Can I ask a stupid question please? EmptySun 18 Jun 2006, 21:08

You can suggest a product using an Amazon link, but if it's not listed on Ciao, you can't write a review on it. But just go to the Amazon page of the product, copy the link and make a suggestion. Also a link from Amazon.uk seems to work better in my experience than say a .com address (though it probably works fine too).
Back to top Go down
lindsayjayne

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2006-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a stupid question please?   Can I ask a stupid question please? EmptySun 18 Jun 2006, 21:12

Ah....thanks very much - I'll give it a go.
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a stupid question please?   Can I ask a stupid question please? EmptySun 18 Jun 2006, 21:20

I think you need to click on the 'ciao only results' tab when you do a search, which should then show you the ciao link to the product rather than the clickthrough to try and trick non members into buying from whatever site the products are on.
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a stupid question please?   Can I ask a stupid question please? EmptyMon 19 Jun 2006, 10:11

I would just post it anywhere on Ciao as no one reads the reviews anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
krazykat2005

krazykat2005

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2006-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a stupid question please?   Can I ask a stupid question please? EmptyMon 19 Jun 2006, 11:35

Quote :
I would just post it anywhere on Ciao as no one reads the reviews anyway

I would just ignore Angus as no one listens to him anyway. Razz Apparently he sells soap, but I've never seen mention of it. Neutral
Back to top Go down
badcompa

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a stupid question please?   Can I ask a stupid question please? EmptyMon 19 Jun 2006, 11:55

krazykat2005 wrote:
Quote :
I would just post it anywhere on Ciao as no one reads the reviews anyway

I would just ignore Angus as no one listens to him anyway. Razz Apparently he sells soap, but I've never seen mention of it. Neutral

I have a great respect for Angus, because he makes me look good. He sells soap because his life is like a soap.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2006-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a stupid question please?   Can I ask a stupid question please? EmptyTue 20 Jun 2006, 15:53

My suggestion of searching for a made up word is good here. Then when you get the suggestion part just put in what you actually want.
Back to top Go down
Nar

Nar

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2006-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a stupid question please?   Can I ask a stupid question please? EmptyWed 21 Jun 2006, 02:30

I had this argument with Ciao before regarding their partner sites and eventually they have added several "other partner" site products to their category lists. I just email the feedback address.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can I ask a stupid question please?   Can I ask a stupid question please? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can I ask a stupid question please?
Page 1 of 1