www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Paperback Or Hardback Books

Go down 
+8
berlioz
steerpyke
butters
WendyBull
dididave
mattygroves
drewboy
Tom_Clare
12 posters

Paperback or Hardback?
Paperback
Paperback Or Hardback Books Vote_lcap38%Paperback Or Hardback Books Vote_rcap
 38% [ 8 ]
Hardback
Paperback Or Hardback Books Vote_lcap33%Paperback Or Hardback Books Vote_rcap
 33% [ 7 ]
Either
Paperback Or Hardback Books Vote_lcap29%Paperback Or Hardback Books Vote_rcap
 29% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
Tom_Clare

Tom_Clare

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2006-05-21

Paperback Or Hardback Books Empty
PostSubject: Paperback Or Hardback Books   Paperback Or Hardback Books EmptyWed 24 May 2006, 18:32

Yes, yes, I know - I've already put this one up in the last forum ages ago but it's still an interesting poll - plus it adds another topic to the 'Book' section lol.

Simply then, in an ideal world, would you prefer to read Paperback or Hardcover books?

My choice is Paperback, simply because they are cheaper, smaller and easier to carry. Simple as that! Laughing Very Happy Smile
Back to top Go down
http://uk.geocities.com/tom1clare
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Paperback Or Hardback Books   Paperback Or Hardback Books EmptyWed 24 May 2006, 18:40

I prefer hardback books to display, however paperbacks are far more convienient - except on the beach when the spine melts!!
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

Number of posts : 397
Location : I like it here, but I have a summer home in reality
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Paperback Or Hardback Books   Paperback Or Hardback Books EmptyWed 24 May 2006, 19:00

Paperbacks are fine in theory - but if I'm really waiting for a book (and at the moment, I'm waiting for Wintersmith - Terry Pratchett), I cannot wait for the paperback.
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637

PostSubject: Re: Paperback Or Hardback Books   Paperback Or Hardback Books EmptySun 28 May 2006, 21:21

Hardbacks for me although the price usually means I resort tot he paperback unless its an amazon voucher purpose. I would like to own all Pratchett and King's books in hardback eventually, preferably in first edition too with paperback for reading on the move.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Paperback Or Hardback Books   Paperback Or Hardback Books EmptyMon 29 May 2006, 00:07

I've collected all my Stephen King books in hardback so far, except for Wizard and Glass, which isn'r paperback but sort of thick shiny cardboard back??

I love hardbacks though, so much better looking although bulkier to read on the bus etc
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
butters

butters

Number of posts : 975
Registration date : 2006-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Paperback Or Hardback Books   Paperback Or Hardback Books EmptyMon 29 May 2006, 00:47

It doesnt make too much of a difference really but harback is just better looking. Plus, since a lot of boks come out in hardback first (for extra money), thats what i buy.
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099

PostSubject: Re: Paperback Or Hardback Books   Paperback Or Hardback Books EmptyMon 29 May 2006, 13:34

I buy most of my books from either a book club or from Oxfam book shop. hat means that I can afford to buy hardbacks though there is no way i would pay full price for them. Most of my stuff is reference and so gets re-read on a regular basis and so HB stands the test of time so much better. I pretty much live in a library these days and HB's have the added attraction of looking more decorative.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532

PostSubject: Re: Paperback Or Hardback Books   Paperback Or Hardback Books EmptyMon 29 May 2006, 14:22

Hardbacks are overrated, with the only real thing that makes them desirable is that they look more impressive in your bookcase and don't show the same wear and tear as easily. Still, paperbacks all the way.
Back to top Go down
Sam_Garland

Sam_Garland

Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2006-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Paperback Or Hardback Books   Paperback Or Hardback Books EmptyWed 28 Jun 2006, 00:17

I don't mind either - I buy more hardback's because I like getting books when they first come out, but I'm happy to read from PB or HB! Do agree that hardback's look better on the bookshelf though!
Back to top Go down
missy0303

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2006-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Paperback Or Hardback Books   Paperback Or Hardback Books EmptySat 29 Jul 2006, 13:54

As I usually read in bed at night I prefer a paperback, simply because it is lighter to hold when laying down....and they take up less room in suitcase too when travelling!
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Paperback Or Hardback Books   Paperback Or Hardback Books EmptySat 29 Jul 2006, 14:03

Cheapest
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
Aussieme

Aussieme

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: Paperback Or Hardback Books   Paperback Or Hardback Books EmptyMon 31 Jul 2006, 04:26

I don't mind either one. I have lots of hardbacks and lots of paperbacks.

I have to agree about the holding the book up in bed though, paperbacks are much lighter. Can you imagine holding the full version of LOTR up in bed as a hardback ?? It's nigh on impossible, makes your arms ache like mad !! Thats why I had to settle for the paperbacks to read in bed, but all the hardbacks on my display shelf !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paperback Or Hardback Books   Paperback Or Hardback Books Empty

Back to top Go down

Paperback Or Hardback Books
Page 1 of 1