www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Older reviews being added to the start of the review list

Go down 
+5
atticusuk
scream4bruce
Thingywhatsit
koshkha
lisa2062
9 posters
AuthorMessage
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

Older reviews being added to the start of the review list Empty
PostSubject: Older reviews being added to the start of the review list   Older reviews being added to the start of the review list EmptyThu 22 Feb 2007, 22:56

Is it just me, or has anybody else noticed this happening? I rated a review this morning that was just going out of the most recent list, only to find this evening that it was first in the list. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Older reviews being added to the start of the review list   Older reviews being added to the start of the review list EmptyFri 23 Feb 2007, 00:18

People do that a lot - I personally don't like it.
It's one thing if a review has undergone changes, updates etc, but I don't like to see people re-ordering their reviews to keep the best ones at the top. However, there are no rules to say they shouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Older reviews being added to the start of the review list   Older reviews being added to the start of the review list EmptyFri 23 Feb 2007, 00:34

No harm in it at all. Up to the member personally. The option is there. Many people use it when they edit old reviews and bring them to the front to get read.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Older reviews being added to the start of the review list   Older reviews being added to the start of the review list EmptyFri 23 Feb 2007, 02:55

From the member page I take it. I don't see no problem either, I don't usually read what is on top but what interests me most. Sometimes I re-order to bring similar products together.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Older reviews being added to the start of the review list   Older reviews being added to the start of the review list EmptyFri 23 Feb 2007, 11:15

Bit confused about whether people have understod, or maybe it is just me, whatLisa is talking about. Is it the list of reviews that a member has on their home page or the list of recently published reviews as I was not aware that there was anything you could do to move your review back to the top of that list.

The only time I have been able to move a review is in my own memer area when I edit the review it gives me an option to put it as the most recent but I would not appear in the most recently published list again.
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Older reviews being added to the start of the review list   Older reviews being added to the start of the review list EmptyFri 23 Feb 2007, 11:52

Well as far as the general most recent lists in individual categories are concerned, they at least have been out of wonk for months now. Even reviews published in like 2001 have been appearing as new reviews (including a couple of mine). Nothing can be done to those, or for the general most recent lists.

As for personal profile lists, I don't see any problems in shifting stuff to the top.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

PostSubject: Re: Older reviews being added to the start of the review list   Older reviews being added to the start of the review list EmptyFri 23 Feb 2007, 18:25

Sorry I have confused some of you, I was referring to the list of recently published reviews. Of course there is nothing wrong with people shifting about edited reviews in their homepage, but what has been happening is some reviews are getting extra exposure as they're being re - added to the top of the most recent published reviews list. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Older reviews being added to the start of the review list   Older reviews being added to the start of the review list EmptyFri 23 Feb 2007, 18:27

Are old ones being re-added? I have not seen that. I know newer reviews disappear and reappear in large swarms but never seen anything older than the current 24hrs worth of reviews, if that makes sense
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
lisa2062

lisa2062

PostSubject: Re: Older reviews being added to the start of the review list   Older reviews being added to the start of the review list EmptyFri 23 Feb 2007, 18:35

They certainly are! I checked out the latest published reviews in the morning and rated a few. In the evening I went on to rate some more, only to find ones I'd already rated at the top of the list again. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Older reviews being added to the start of the review list   Older reviews being added to the start of the review list EmptyFri 23 Feb 2007, 18:48

I think it's just another manifestation of this bug where comments and GB messages disappear and reappear.

I've written a review today and subsequently updated it, and I'm shifting between the original version and the new version.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

PostSubject: Re: Older reviews being added to the start of the review list   Older reviews being added to the start of the review list EmptyFri 23 Feb 2007, 19:00

Yeah it's probably those Ciao gremlins having fun. It does mean though that some reviews are getting extra exposure because of this, while others keeping vanishing off the platform altogether. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Older reviews being added to the start of the review list   Older reviews being added to the start of the review list EmptyFri 23 Feb 2007, 19:01

lisa2062 wrote:
They certainly are! I checked out the latest published reviews in the morning and rated a few. In the evening I went on to rate some more, only to find ones I'd already rated at the top of the list again. Lisa x

Oh I have seen that, it has been happening for ages, it is just later ones disappearing, that's all, so reviews appear to be at the top of the list, until you refresh or move pages etc.....obviously not a priority for Ciao, as they would have fixed it by now.. Shocked

Mine has been disappearing all damn afternoon too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
jesi

jesi

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2006-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Older reviews being added to the start of the review list   Older reviews being added to the start of the review list EmptySun 18 Mar 2007, 23:51

lisa2062 wrote:
Is it just me, or has anybody else noticed this happening? I rated a review this morning that was just going out of the most recent list, only to find this evening that it was first in the list. Lisa x

It's not older reviews being added ~ it's new reviews disappearing.

I've temporarily stopped bothering with the "LATEST REVIEWS" I just hope it behaves itself when I post my March "paying" review . . .

. lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Older reviews being added to the start of the review list   Older reviews being added to the start of the review list Empty

Back to top Go down

Older reviews being added to the start of the review list
Page 1 of 1