www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons

Go down 
+9
mattygroves
WendyBull
Digbycat
butters
steerpyke
sugarnspice
Angus
Thingywhatsit
lisa2062
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Digbycat

Digbycat

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2006-02-28

Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons   Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 EmptyTue 06 Jun 2006, 15:21

To make them grumpy Laughing Its entirely personal
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons   Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 EmptyTue 06 Jun 2006, 15:26

Digbycat wrote:
Now I am cross, I have just checked by Dooyoo account and a review that I wrote, that I still standby had received a NU from someone who has only ever read/rated 1 review - mine, and marked it NU because it didn't work for them - Huh! Mad

Even more cross because I've never had a NU or NH ever!

Hold on, someone may have found this on the web, totally disagreed with it and found it NU, nothing wrong with that.

What hurts about someone rating a review NU/H when they do not understand our culture of rating?

I hardly feel it merits a report of abuse.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons   Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 EmptyTue 06 Jun 2006, 15:27

Quote :
To make them grumpy Its entirely personal

Did you ever think that if that was the case, then they achieve their aim and are possibly reading this forum and knowing that you were made grumpy because of a rating.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Digbycat

Digbycat

PostSubject: Re: Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons   Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 EmptyTue 06 Jun 2006, 15:29

Still being too sensible
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons   Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 EmptyTue 06 Jun 2006, 15:30

okay, go jump on their head, bash their teeth in, or just go fart in their guestbook. Whatever makes you feel good, but remember at the end of the day, it's a rating.
Back to top Go down
badcompa

PostSubject: Re: Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons   Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 EmptyTue 06 Jun 2006, 15:31

Digbycat wrote:
I wasn't feeling grumpy about banter

We know that, being GRUMPY is a female thing, dont sweat it Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Digbycat

Digbycat

PostSubject: Re: Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons   Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 EmptyTue 06 Jun 2006, 15:32

Thingywhatsit wrote:
okay, go jump on their head, bash their teeth in, or just go fart in their guestbook. Whatever makes you feel good, but remember at the end of the day, it's a rating.

Now thats more like it - Now, not grumpy anymore Laughing
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons   Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 EmptyTue 06 Jun 2006, 15:32

AGH !!!! how off topic can you get ! Male thing. Brush aside problems and they go away.
Back to top Go down
badcompa

PostSubject: Re: Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons   Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 EmptyTue 06 Jun 2006, 15:36

Thingywhatsit wrote:
AGH !!!! how off topic can you get ! Male thing. Brush aside problems and they go away.

It wasnt really off topic, it was probably an nu rating from a grumpy female....Go and check out the gender of the person that left it and I bet you a fiver its a female having a bad hair day ........ Laughing
Back to top Go down
Digbycat

Digbycat

PostSubject: Re: Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons   Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 EmptyTue 06 Jun 2006, 15:37

Probably, it was on Dishwasher tablets, and men don't know how to use the dishwasher
Back to top Go down
badcompa

PostSubject: Re: Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons   Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 EmptyTue 06 Jun 2006, 15:39

Digbycat wrote:
Probably, it was on Dishwasher tablets, and men don't know how to use the dishwasher

I know how to use the dishwasher, its easy....I just go "hey you woman, go wash the dishes"....Easy aint it ....... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Digbycat

Digbycat

PostSubject: Re: Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons   Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 EmptyTue 06 Jun 2006, 15:45

Quote :
I know how to use the dishwasher, its easy....I just go "hey you woman, go wash the dishes"....Easy aint it .......

Strange, ours doesn't work like that Laughing
Back to top Go down
badcompa

PostSubject: Re: Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons   Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 EmptyTue 06 Jun 2006, 15:46

Digbycat wrote:
Quote :
I know how to use the dishwasher, its easy....I just go "hey you woman, go wash the dishes"....Easy aint it .......

Strange, ours doesn't work like that Laughing

Oh No a bossy female, god help the poor sod that left you an NU....lol.... Smile
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons   Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 EmptyTue 06 Jun 2006, 15:57

Sorry, but I had to laugh, when I looked into that one.

That person joined, never even wrote a review and NU'd yours, the only one they ever read. Very bizarre!
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons   Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 EmptyTue 06 Jun 2006, 16:08

I often log onto review sites about hotles and resorts and rate them not useful if I have had a different exerience to them. It is not a black mark on the writer but a mark against the hotel or resort. Check out trip advisor, my favourite review site where you rate anon so no one cares who it was but you get a fair spread of rates.
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

Number of posts : 397
Location : I like it here, but I have a summer home in reality
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons   Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 EmptyTue 06 Jun 2006, 16:34

I have a comment on a review (dooyoo) that someone didn't rate, and my review is the only review they ever commented on - I can't imagine why they bothered (it was a really LOOONNGG comment as well)
Back to top Go down
badcompa

PostSubject: Re: Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons   Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 EmptyTue 06 Jun 2006, 16:52

mattygroves wrote:
I have a comment on a review (dooyoo) that someone didn't rate, and my review is the only review they ever commented on - I can't imagine why they bothered (it was a really LOOONNGG comment as well)

Being rated low never bothers me but someone leaving a comment and not rating deff does piss me off. There should be an automatic ban for it !!! Basketball
Back to top Go down
Mauri

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2006-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons   Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 EmptyWed 07 Jun 2006, 12:24

sugarnspice wrote:
If an asthmatic wrote a brilliant review on Neurofen and gave it the thumbs up i'd probably end up marking the review down. Why? Because Ashmatics aren't supposed to take neurofen. The review might well be brilliant in every way but I would be well within my rights to downrate.

Asthmatics aren't advised to take neurofen (ibuprofen) but many do without any bad effects. Surely if the person stated in the review that it was not advisable for an asthmatic to take it but went on to write a good review then why mark down solely on this point?
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons   Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 EmptyWed 07 Jun 2006, 12:28

because it could kill someone?
Back to top Go down
Mauri

PostSubject: Re: Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons   Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 EmptyWed 07 Jun 2006, 13:52

Angus wrote:
because it could kill someone?

Yes, in an extreme but if it is MADE CLEAR IN THE REVIEW that this is the case then why rate down.
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons   Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 EmptyWed 07 Jun 2006, 14:01

I hold fireworks close to my face but please don't do this as it may burn you and make you go blind.

Oh, I wont rate it down because he told me I may get burnt or go blind.

I really question your sanity sometimes jock.
Back to top Go down
Mauri

PostSubject: Re: Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons   Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 EmptyWed 07 Jun 2006, 15:13

Angus wrote:
I hold fireworks close to my face but please don't do this as it may burn you and make you go blind.

Oh, I wont rate it down because he told me I may get burnt or go blind.

I really question your sanity sometimes jock.

It's not the same thing.

The contraindications for Nurofen state that "If you are allergic to or taking any other painkiller, pregnant, or suffer from asthma speak to your doctor before taking ibuprofen"

This still allows the possibility based on your complaint and the severity of your asthma etc. for the doctor to advise you to take the medication under certain circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons   Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 EmptyWed 07 Jun 2006, 15:20

I am uncomfortable with rating medicine reviews, as circumstances vary too much and what can be good for one person can be terrible for another. If a review has warnings in it and is written in such as way that there are no doubts in my mind about the effects of the medicine, and the possible problems with certain kinds of users, then it is a helpful review, but I tend to think that at the end of the day, who is qualified to say without being a doctor ? Surely a disclaimer of some kind within a review is important, and here would tend to put something like "Before considering use of this medicine, consult your doctor, who knows your medical history". Medicine reviews can be helpful. For example, there was one reviewed on ciao that I found particularly helpful for my husband's problems, but before using it (and it is available on the net), I asked my GP's thoughts on it. Some don't. Some people grasp at straws to get around health issues that they feel their GP has not properly addressed instead of insisting their case, or seeing a GP that gives them more confidence.
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons   Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 EmptyWed 07 Jun 2006, 15:25

Thingywhatsit wrote:
I am uncomfortable with rating medicine reviews, as circumstances vary too much and what can be good for one person can be terrible for another. If a review has warnings in it and is written in such as way that there are no doubts in my mind about the effects of the medicine, and the possible problems with certain kinds of users, then it is a helpful review, but I tend to think that at the end of the day, who is qualified to say without being a doctor ? Surely a disclaimer of some kind within a review is important, and here would tend to put something like "Before considering use of this medicine, consult your doctor, who knows your medical history". Medicine reviews can be helpful. For example, there was one reviewed on ciao that I found particularly helpful for my husband's problems, but before using it (and it is available on the net), I asked my GP's thoughts on it. Some don't. Some people grasp at straws to get around health issues that they feel their GP has not properly addressed instead of insisting their case, or seeing a GP that gives them more confidence.

Simply reinforces the fact that medication of pretty much any description should not really be available for review on a consumer site. If you want advice on it you should be going your Doctor or asking your pharmacist.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons   Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 EmptyWed 07 Jun 2006, 15:28

I thoroughly agree but many people go on the net to find out more, and there are many pharmacies online that sell drugs that could give dangerous results in the wrong circumstances. Even over the counter stuff sometimes is not as simple to describe accurately as one would imagine it would be since every individual reacts in a different manner to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons   Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rating lower than the average for the wrong reasons
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next