www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Guide selection- Update

Go down 
+14
tractor-boy
berlioz
jo145
helencbradshaw
Angus
dididave
steerpyke
butters
Thingywhatsit
kelr101
arnoldhenryrufus
atticusuk
WendyBull
Mauri
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mauri

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2006-04-07

Guide selection- Update - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guide selection- Update   Guide selection- Update - Page 3 EmptyFri 04 Aug 2006, 17:30

Angus wrote:
I never said his reasons for resigning were anything to do with the guides group but I did say he was probably fed up of it as I am after only 1 week.

I was told by some of the guides that the guide group/forum was very quiet and that hardly anything had been discussed, the guides were simply doing their own thing. Has this changed? Nothing to do with you joining is it Angus?

As a general rule I think it's good to get a regular trun over amongst the guides...Are you going to stay for a fixed term Angus 6 month/year and give others a chance? Or are you going to stay on until you are booted out Laughing
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Guide selection- Update   Guide selection- Update - Page 3 EmptyFri 04 Aug 2006, 22:21

Has kellylouj been assigned to the TV/VHS category then? On the guides page it says that those positions are still vacant, and I thought anyway that the VHS section was being incorporated into the DVD one? Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Guide selection- Update   Guide selection- Update - Page 3 EmptyFri 04 Aug 2006, 22:37

Not sure on that one. Perhaps a guide could confirm so we can update the list.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Guide selection- Update   Guide selection- Update - Page 3 EmptyFri 04 Aug 2006, 23:48

Kelly is the new TV and Video guide not TV/VHS
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Guide selection- Update   Guide selection- Update - Page 3 EmptySat 05 Aug 2006, 09:51

Mauri wrote:
Angus wrote:
I never said his reasons for resigning were anything to do with the guides group but I did say he was probably fed up of it as I am after only 1 week.

I was told by some of the guides that the guide group/forum was very quiet and that hardly anything had been discussed, the guides were simply doing their own thing. Has this changed? Nothing to do with you joining is it Angus?

As a general rule I think it's good to get a regular trun over amongst the guides...Are you going to stay for a fixed term Angus 6 month/year and give others a chance? Or are you going to stay on until you are booted out Laughing

The guide group is very quiet, now!

I am not going to drag up the old arguments but I was suprised at some "established" members discussing other Dooyoo members in a "not-so-positive" way.

It will stop though, of that I am sure.

I think that 6 months is long enough for any guide to be guiding and will be happy to stand down after that time if someone else wants to do it and I am happy to have a co-guide so that there are second opinions, if you like, on Crown applications, because lets face it, it is a virtual "guide only" selection for crowns so we need to keep it fair.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Guide selection- Update   Guide selection- Update - Page 3 EmptySat 05 Aug 2006, 11:53

Currently there are vacancies in Sports, Internet and PC Games I thinkbut chck out the guide page to be sure for those interested in applying.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Guide selection- Update   Guide selection- Update - Page 3 EmptySat 05 Aug 2006, 21:58

The categories of TV, Video and PC/video games have got no guides according to dooyoo unless they haven't got round to publishing the guides names yet. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Guide selection- Update   Guide selection- Update - Page 3 EmptySat 05 Aug 2006, 22:55

TV and Video has definately been filled however the person who updates the pages on Dooyoo was on holiday last week so kellylou picture and text should appear next week, they have also probably not had time yet to post the vacancy in Sports after Marandina resigned.
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

Number of posts : 397
Location : I like it here, but I have a summer home in reality
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Guide selection- Update   Guide selection- Update - Page 3 EmptyMon 07 Aug 2006, 12:28

Angus wrote:
it is a virtual "guide only" selection for crowns so we need to keep it fair.

Not so. Ops in my category have won crowns even though I didn't nominate them (including yours, Angus!)
Back to top Go down
Mauri

PostSubject: Re: Guide selection- Update   Guide selection- Update - Page 3 EmptyMon 07 Aug 2006, 14:47

mattygroves wrote:
Angus wrote:
it is a virtual "guide only" selection for crowns so we need to keep it fair.

Not so. Ops in my category have won crowns even though I didn't nominate them (including yours, Angus!)

I'm glad this si still happening. The guides have a valuable input to make but their choice for nomination should not be totally exclusive of other nominations.

And also well done to Angus for stating that he will step down after six months if someone else want to do the guiding on his category, I think this is the sensible way to go...
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Guide selection- Update   Guide selection- Update - Page 3 EmptyMon 07 Aug 2006, 15:22

I do agree that if anyone wants to do my cats in 6 months they can but I will disappointed as I am enjoying the role.
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
Mauri

PostSubject: Re: Guide selection- Update   Guide selection- Update - Page 3 EmptyMon 07 Aug 2006, 16:43

WendyBull wrote:
I do agree that if anyone wants to do my cats in 6 months they can but I will disappointed as I am enjoying the role.

I always though a year was a good compromise, giving people a chance to get bedded into the role but ensuring that others wiling to do it were also given a chance. The guides need to be kept fresh and new blood on a regular basis is essential to avoid accusations of elitism and all the other conspiracy theories.
Back to top Go down
kellylouj

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2006-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Guide selection- Update   Guide selection- Update - Page 3 EmptySun 13 Aug 2006, 00:29

Hello,

a big thanks to rachel for inviting me to the site and am now the "guide" for tv and video

Hello to you all!!
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Guide selection- Update   Guide selection- Update - Page 3 EmptySun 13 Aug 2006, 00:33

Welcome and I really hope you find the guide experience to be a good one. New faces are always a pleasure to see.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guide selection- Update   Guide selection- Update - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Guide selection- Update
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3