www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

STUPID CIAO TEAM

Go down 
+8
steerpyke
koshkha
helencbradshaw
liz1102
Ciao's Favourite Member
Thingywhatsit
berlioz
djohan
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
djohan

djohan

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2006-10-18

STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty
PostSubject: STUPID CIAO TEAM   STUPID CIAO TEAM EmptyFri 27 Apr 2007, 21:42

I have tried to submitted 2 opinions on CIAO. However, after copying and pasting my work on the form, I saw this :

A data entry error has occurred.
Please correct the highlighted fields before continuing.

and here's my work:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My personal computer (PC) is connected to Internet. In my leisure I love downloading software, especially utilities relating to hacking, cracking, security software and other similar software. I get them from friends and forums. In brief my PC is facing a dangerous situation most of the time.

Realizing the situation, I always think of my PC – security; anytime I could be a victim and must work hard to format my PC whenever it happens. Yes, formatting my PC; I think it is the best way to clean a PC from virus! It takes about 2 hours to install my operating system (Windows XP Pro), drivers and some other applications. As I do not want it happen, I always try the best armor (antivirus software) for my system.

Formerly I have ever installed Norton Antivirus and McAfee. Both names are very popular for their security products in general. They work well to combat international terrorist!

However, they have failed to combat a local virus from my country – Mr Blank! This variant is spreading widely via various media, even from a flash-disk. Whenever a PC has been infected, it tends to hang or stop working most of the time! Some ordinary PC owners might think that there must be something wrong with their hardware.

Certainly everyone does not want it. In brief, I tried to install Nod32. To my surprise I see Nod32 can protect a PC from Mr Blank’s attack! I know it when I tried to insert an infected flash-disk into my USB port. Nod32 warns me that the stick has been infected!

Based on this experience, I think it is not fair for me to say that Nod32 is better than other antivirus software. The ability of antivirus software to identify the existence of a certain variant of virus depends on its virus-database. Hence, we must always update the virus definition database in order to make the antivirus software recognize new variants of virus.

But, I would recommend you Nod32 because it works well with my operating system. As the matter of facts, the bigger virus definition database installed on a operating system, the slower the operating system work as the database are loaded onto the random access memory (RAM) of a PC.

Nod32 does not use the method. Though we update the virus definition daily and makes the virus database fatter, it does not slow down the performance of our PC. It does not occupy a lot of memory on a system. It consumes just about 23MB of memory! Really a great feature!

You should try it for the safety of your system.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see I cannot use USB, McAfee. Well, then I changed them to be U S B and M c A v e e. It seems okay, but I still cannot submit it.
Back to top Go down
djohan

djohan

STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUPID CIAO TEAM   STUPID CIAO TEAM EmptyFri 27 Apr 2007, 21:44

Smile Or CIAO know my English really bad and does not fit their standard?

So, I think, it's better for me to submit it here. Your ratings and comments are welcome.

Smile
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUPID CIAO TEAM   STUPID CIAO TEAM EmptyFri 27 Apr 2007, 21:49

Okay, a gold star for the best thread title of the week. Smile
Back to top Go down
djohan

djohan

STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUPID CIAO TEAM   STUPID CIAO TEAM EmptyFri 27 Apr 2007, 21:57

Smile Thank you for the nomination! Isn't it a bad word on the title?
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUPID CIAO TEAM   STUPID CIAO TEAM EmptyFri 27 Apr 2007, 22:05

First rate title. Nominated.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUPID CIAO TEAM   STUPID CIAO TEAM EmptySat 28 Apr 2007, 02:12

Why do you continue to submit work to the site when you're forever complaining about not being able to get paid?

Why not delete your work and go somewhere where you will be paid?
Back to top Go down
djohan

djohan

STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUPID CIAO TEAM   STUPID CIAO TEAM EmptySat 28 Apr 2007, 04:42

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:
Why do you continue to submit work to the site when you're forever complaining about not being able to get paid?

Very Happy Here I'm not complaining about being able to get paid, but about some Technical Problem Razz
Back to top Go down
liz1102

liz1102

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2006-10-09

STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUPID CIAO TEAM   STUPID CIAO TEAM EmptySat 28 Apr 2007, 04:59

What was the error that occurred? Are you sure you didn't just miss out answering one of the questions? I can't see you not being allowed to use 'USB' or 'McAfee' in a review, cos how then would you review those products, and I know I've used 'USB' in several reviews!
Back to top Go down
djohan

djohan

STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUPID CIAO TEAM   STUPID CIAO TEAM EmptySat 28 Apr 2007, 07:32

Before submitting the above review, I had tried to submit a review on Asus P5VD2-X. I could not do it. I wrote to Ciao and sent the review as an attachment. After 2 or 3 days, Ciao replied me and they admitted the problem. I could not write Asus as a word, I write A S U S, and much more!

Here's their reply:

From: "info.uk" <info.uk@ciao-group.com> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: "'djohan -'" <djohansadeli@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Please help me submit this attached opinion
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:13:05 +0200

Hello Djohan,

Thank you for your mail. We have been experiencing some temporary
technical
problems on the website, but our technical team are working to fix
everything as quickly as possible. Please try again later.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Ciao UK
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUPID CIAO TEAM   STUPID CIAO TEAM EmptySat 28 Apr 2007, 09:02

Ummm, where exactly does it say in that reply you can't use certain words? Maybe there really was just a technical glitch (as usual). I mean, have you tried re-submitting, because I really don't see why some words would not be accepted as it has never been a problem before and it certainly can't be a problem now.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUPID CIAO TEAM   STUPID CIAO TEAM EmptySat 28 Apr 2007, 11:34

Yep, I dont think it can be language, perhaps you didnt tick the correct boxes etc..!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Ciao's Favourite Member

STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUPID CIAO TEAM   STUPID CIAO TEAM EmptySat 28 Apr 2007, 12:25

djohan wrote:
Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:

Very Happy Here I'm not complaining about being able to get paid, but about some Technical Problem Razz

Dumbass. You've been complaining about not being paid for years. YEARS. Yet you continue to post your work to Ciao?
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUPID CIAO TEAM   STUPID CIAO TEAM EmptySat 28 Apr 2007, 12:52

That's not pleasant to another member. If they wish to post, it's their perogative. They were asking for help with a technical glitch.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUPID CIAO TEAM   STUPID CIAO TEAM EmptySat 28 Apr 2007, 13:28

If the member in question wishes to be a dumbass, that's their prerogative. I will, however, question the logic behind fighting for payment for published work for the past few years (and let's face it, he's been vocal enough about it) while still giving the site new work, even if it is being rejected because of technical errors. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUPID CIAO TEAM   STUPID CIAO TEAM EmptySat 28 Apr 2007, 13:51

So if his ass is dumb, does that mean yours talks? cheers
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUPID CIAO TEAM   STUPID CIAO TEAM EmptySat 28 Apr 2007, 13:59

No, I think you'll find it's a smart ass Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUPID CIAO TEAM   STUPID CIAO TEAM EmptySat 28 Apr 2007, 14:32

Quote :
If the member in question wishes to be a dumbass, that's their prerogative. I will, however, question the logic behind fighting for payment for published work for the past few years (and let's face it, he's been vocal enough about it) while still giving the site new work, even if it is being rejected because of technical errors.

Why, are you ciao's spokesman ?
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUPID CIAO TEAM   STUPID CIAO TEAM EmptySat 28 Apr 2007, 14:42

No. Why should I have to listen to someone bleating about not being paid when they're still providing content, though? I believe the phrase is "*Bad Word* or get off the pot".

And don't be so bloody hypocritical, Rachel. You've made comments and accusations about other members on message boards before, so don't take that holier-than-thou attitude with me.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUPID CIAO TEAM   STUPID CIAO TEAM EmptySat 28 Apr 2007, 14:44

You don't have to listen to them, and you certainly don't need to be rude to a member on this site. It is not the way we do things.
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUPID CIAO TEAM   STUPID CIAO TEAM EmptySat 28 Apr 2007, 14:44

Come on CFW, even if you dont agree with another members methods of operation, there is no need to get personal is there. The original post on this thread is relevant, the title alone reflects a stance that I'm sure you have taken many a time and as we all know financial reward is not the reason to be doing this at all. In short, give the man a break.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Ciao's Favourite Member

STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUPID CIAO TEAM   STUPID CIAO TEAM EmptySat 28 Apr 2007, 14:55

On its own, I think the original post regarding technical errors is relevant. However, when the same member has consistently made posts bemoaning their lack of payment stretching back several years (the latest being only a few days ago), why can't the hypocrisy/contradictory nature of their actions be pointed out to them?

Some people write on Ciao for the money, some don't. I don't care which side of that coin anyone lands on, but if djohan is not writing for the cash, why
is it one of his most common sources for posting? If he is writing for cash, why does he continue to post on a site where the rules state he won't get paid?
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUPID CIAO TEAM   STUPID CIAO TEAM EmptySat 28 Apr 2007, 14:59

Isn't that HIS concern. We could question anyone's postings or why they bother asking something. He had a technical difficulty and asked the site about it. FULL STOP. Either helping him by telling him if you had similar problems or any experience of problems like this, then you are adding use to your replies. If not, see if there are other threads you can help people.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUPID CIAO TEAM   STUPID CIAO TEAM EmptySat 28 Apr 2007, 15:03

Thye litmus test is this: if a friend of mine sat opposite me and did/said similar things, what would I say?

In this case, I'd say exactly the same things.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUPID CIAO TEAM   STUPID CIAO TEAM EmptySat 28 Apr 2007, 15:12

Ok litmus test for me. By the same token, I could question why you bother with ciao membership. You have so much to say on the subject but hardly post any reviews. It just isn't done on a thread that was asking for technical advice.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUPID CIAO TEAM   STUPID CIAO TEAM EmptySat 28 Apr 2007, 15:15

You make posts on Ciao threads and your account isn't even active any more Rachel. Don't be a hypocrite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUPID CIAO TEAM   STUPID CIAO TEAM Empty

Back to top Go down

STUPID CIAO TEAM
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next