www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid?

Go down 
+10
dididave
Mauri
sandemp
atticusuk
Jill Murphy
steerpyke
helencbradshaw
tractor-boy
butters
kelr101
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Should reviews in Speakers Corner be paid?
No
Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid? - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 8 ]
Yes
Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid? - Page 2 Vote_lcap56%Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 56% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
kelr101

kelr101

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2006-03-06

Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid?   Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid? - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Jul 2006, 19:30

Sorry I disagree. I don't think any non-product review should be paid.

Regardless of whether you tighten controls over the topics added, you still get people out to make a fast buck by just writing easy, lazy top ten and other reviews.

If perhaps they could only be awarded for VH rates then I might change my mind - but only then because people would actually have to use their brains for once when submitting them!
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid?   Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid? - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Jul 2006, 19:32

kelr101 wrote:
Sorry I disagree. I don't think any non-product review should be paid.

Regardless of whether you tighten controls over the topics added, you still get people out to make a fast buck by just writing easy, lazy top ten and other reviews.

If perhaps they could only be awarded for VH rates then I might change my mind - but only then because people would actually have to use their brains for once when submitting them!

I see were you are coming from but people doing this will soon see that you cannot make a "fast buck" by doing this. Those who do this tend to have a low readership if any and some of the particularly poor reviews may even be deleted. They do not stay at the top of the searches fro long either so are unlikely to get much in the way of extra reads down the line and also will not get crowned.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
raehippychick

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2006-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid?   Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid? - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Jul 2006, 21:48

kelr101 wrote:

One of the big problems with this is that some people will harass others into rating all their work VH and also end up with revenge rating

Would be nice if it did work though, but sadly human nature and all that...
Back to top Go down
marandina

marandina

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid?   Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid? - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Jul 2006, 23:08

Such a fuss over what appears to be a moot issue. If the opinion is written with a degree of quality and people enjoy reading it then who is to decide whether it should or shouldn't attract a payment? Members have the right whether they choose to read it or not. It's bit like buying The Times or The Sun - both have hugely different types of content and the purchaser makes the choice whether to buy one, the other or none at all.

An opinion about top 5 pets may contain more interesting content that a badly written, one-para job about the latest Superman movie. Ultimately, it's not the category but more the quality of the submission that's the issue IMHO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casheroonie.com
marandina

marandina

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid?   Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid? - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Jul 2006, 23:46

p.s. maybe top 5 jokes is taking the p*ss, though...
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid?   Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid? - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Jul 2006, 10:36

We had the ultimate low point from one of the regular five line writers yesterday. The topic was top five animal and after 4 choices with a one line description the fifth selection was "can't think of a forth, so I will probably have a second dog" (dog had been choice no 1). Not really that interesting as a discussion point.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
dididave

dididave

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid?   Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid? - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Jul 2006, 11:12

Bit of news people. There will be no more top ten style product suggestions being accepted by dooyoo. In fact there will be very little added to SC at all unless dooyoo deem it VERY worthy of addition.
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid?   Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid? - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Jul 2006, 11:54

thats a start, now if they thin out the silly subjects it will be getting back on track.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid?   Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid? - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Jul 2006, 12:35

dididave wrote:
There will be no more top ten style product suggestions being accepted by dooyoo.

alien

Last edited by on Thu 20 Jul 2006, 13:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kelr101

kelr101

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid?   Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid? - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Jul 2006, 12:52

dididave wrote:
Bit of news people. There will be no more top ten style product suggestions being accepted by dooyoo. In fact there will be very little added to SC at all unless dooyoo deem it VERY worthy of addition.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! I now bow in your presence
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid?   Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid? - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Jul 2006, 18:27

kelr101 wrote:
dididave wrote:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! I now bow in your presence

Nowt to do with me mate, I am just the messenger.
Back to top Go down
kelr101

kelr101

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid?   Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid? - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Jul 2006, 18:53

Well in this case the messenger can have a hug and not be shot :-))
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid?   Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid? - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Jul 2006, 20:22

The Royal Mail don't get those sort of perks!
Back to top Go down
marandina

marandina

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid?   Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid? - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Jul 2006, 22:38

Dave roolz, man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid?   Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you think Speakers Corner reviews should be paid?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2