www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ?

Go down 
+8
butters
rocknroll
steerpyke
berlioz
crispy
WendyBull
fabulous_girl
Thingywhatsit
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ? Empty
PostSubject: DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ?   DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ? EmptyFri 01 Sep 2006, 13:23

When you post a review on dooyoo, do you edit it, read through it, change it in any way ? Do you spellcheck ? Are you confused with the Americanisms in spellcheckers ? How do you prepare your review for posting.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
fabulous_girl

fabulous_girl

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2006-03-06

PostSubject: Re: DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ?   DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ? EmptyFri 01 Sep 2006, 13:29

I write a review in word, then paste it into dooyoo/ciao, that way I can check my spelling as I go. I do have to go through though and take out all the apostrophes and redo them because we've got something stupid like word97 at work and it comes up on dooyoo as loads of silly number coding- tres annoying!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fabulous_girl85
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ?   DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ? EmptyFri 01 Sep 2006, 13:56

I write on word and spell check and proof read on there then post on dooyoo. I read through again on dooyoo and sometime edit if I see something I have missed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
crispy

crispy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2006-06-15

PostSubject: Re: DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ?   DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ? EmptyFri 01 Sep 2006, 13:56

Americanisms don't bother you if you set Word to use UK English.

Tools Menu -> Language -> Set Language

I write in Word then save as plain text to get rid of any formatting problems with special characters - apostrophes, ellipses etc.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ?   DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ? EmptyFri 01 Sep 2006, 14:00

I don't use Word. I use Open Office and the trouble I have is because I speak French every day. There are certain words in the English language that I question myself on frequently because either they have changed or my memory is shot. Not sure which it is, but I really do not like Americanisms slipping into the language and the spellcheck tells me to change things like "favour" etc.
Back to top Go down
crispy

crispy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2006-06-15

PostSubject: Re: DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ?   DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ? EmptyFri 01 Sep 2006, 14:04

There must be a similar option in Open Office to specify what language it uses for spell-checking...
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ?   DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ? EmptyFri 01 Sep 2006, 14:38

I write on Word, I READ it around 5 to 10 times around, change words, correct the few spelling mistakes I've made, rearrange some sentences, and when I'm done, I just post it. If it's an old Ciao review I'm posting on Dooyoo I see if there are any things I like to alter for the better and do that.

Ironically, many a time I say to myself I'm going to write my thoughts first and then start editing it for the better (like shifting whole blocks of text to better places) only to see that what I have written first is perfect and end up doing very little in the end.

Spellcheckers...? I hate 'em and don't trust them.
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ?   DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ? EmptyFri 01 Sep 2006, 14:44

I'm not sure if my spoolchucker actually works as I do have problems with my worms.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
rocknroll

rocknroll

Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2006-08-04

PostSubject: Re: DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ?   DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ? EmptyFri 01 Sep 2006, 14:46

I write mine in word and then run spell check, I then print and proof read. I just can't proof read on screen for some reason. After that its a straight paste into dooyoo.
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

Number of posts : 975
Registration date : 2006-03-26

PostSubject: Re: DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ?   DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ? EmptyFri 01 Sep 2006, 16:20

I write on word now and just skim. I'll re-read sometimes on dooyoo to correct mistakes. Words pretty useful but every so often when i read through a paragraph i have wrote you notice stupid mistakes Word doesnt catch up on.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ?   DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ? EmptyFri 01 Sep 2006, 16:44

When I post a review from ciao to dooyoo, I tend to go through it, improve it as much as I can before posting.
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

Number of posts : 975
Registration date : 2006-03-26

PostSubject: Re: DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ?   DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ? EmptyFri 01 Sep 2006, 16:47

Dooyoo deserves more attention Very Happy I dont really write on ciao much-i go on just to read some people who write less on dooyoo. Last time i wrote on there it was just to see if it'd get good marks on dooyoo Smile
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ?   DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ? EmptyFri 01 Sep 2006, 16:57

write in word then usually post without proof reading
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ?   DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ? EmptyFri 01 Sep 2006, 17:23

I write in Word and do a quick read through and again as a preview before I post. I don't use spellcheckers very often.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ?   DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ? EmptyFri 01 Sep 2006, 17:26

I always end up using spell checker as i make so many typos while my typing is trying to keep up with my flow of thoughts, it's easier to correct afterwards and get it all down on the page.
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
sy2kgbr

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2006-08-28

PostSubject: Re: DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ?   DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ? EmptyFri 01 Sep 2006, 17:30

I tend to write my reviews in Notepad, because then I don't need to bother finding and replacing all of the special characters. I paste my review into a new email message, hit spellcheck and if there are any errors, change those manually. Then I copy and paste my review into Dooyoo, hit preview, read it a few times, edit if I need to, then submit it.

I'm sure I spend way too much time worrying over typos...
Back to top Go down
masterblaster1982

masterblaster1982

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2006-03-12

PostSubject: Re: DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ?   DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ? EmptyFri 01 Sep 2006, 18:53

I have always used word 2003, i usally do a spell check and proof read after each paragraph i write.

I some times change sentences around but not so much now. 1 thing that really helps me is that i use my own custom template for my game reviews that has a nice layout and sub titles, so i know what to write about next.

My template has been changed, updated and inprove over the time i've been writing. one other thing i also like to use now and again is a theasurs.

Last edited by on Fri 01 Sep 2006, 19:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps2review.co.uk
rocknroll

rocknroll

Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2006-08-04

PostSubject: Re: DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ?   DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ? EmptyFri 01 Sep 2006, 19:03

Hi masterblaster

Your post cracked me up, I'm exactly the same, when I type a message into a forum thread like this, I always cock it up and wish as you hit send, it does an auto spell and grammar check.
Back to top Go down
masterblaster1982

masterblaster1982

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2006-03-12

PostSubject: Re: DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ?   DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ? EmptyFri 01 Sep 2006, 19:08

rocknroll wrote:
Hi masterblaster

Your post cracked me up, I'm exactly the same, when I type a message into a forum thread like this, I always cock it up and wish as you hit send, it does an auto spell and grammar check.

i'm terrable at spelling and grammar even at very basic words, lol. So spell check really helps me when writing review, but i never can be bothered to use it in forums for some reson. ( I think its becasuse i can't be bothered to type it in word and then paste it on the here.

Eddie
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps2review.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ?   DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ? Empty

Back to top Go down

DOOYOO EDIT AND SPELLCHECK REVIEWS ?
Page 1 of 1