www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A NEW LOOK DOOYOO.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

A NEW LOOK DOOYOO. Empty
PostSubject: A NEW LOOK DOOYOO.   A NEW LOOK DOOYOO. EmptyFri 03 Nov 2006, 20:00

hHey just discovered all the new tabs on the site and think they look rather neat. What do others think ? That must have taken some work on the part of the technical staff
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

A NEW LOOK DOOYOO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A NEW LOOK DOOYOO.   A NEW LOOK DOOYOO. EmptyFri 03 Nov 2006, 20:22

there is more to come - hopefully next week but don't quote me on that and i cannot say what yet, just in case things change! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

A NEW LOOK DOOYOO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A NEW LOOK DOOYOO.   A NEW LOOK DOOYOO. EmptyFri 03 Nov 2006, 20:34

I think it is very neat and makes navigation of the site a lot easier. Is there any way that they can sort the reviews so that they show up in helpfulness rather than date order ? Wonder if this is a question that a guide can pose to the new chap.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

A NEW LOOK DOOYOO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A NEW LOOK DOOYOO.   A NEW LOOK DOOYOO. EmptyFri 03 Nov 2006, 20:40

Okay. Do you think a member of the public would notice that ? On ciao, they are automatically sorted by usefulness.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

A NEW LOOK DOOYOO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A NEW LOOK DOOYOO.   A NEW LOOK DOOYOO. EmptySat 04 Nov 2006, 11:30

Posted part of this on another thread on the site but when you click on the More drop down a lot of categories do not appear e.g Banking and Finance, you have to click through onto the site map to get there.

Can one of the guides give an insight into this. What is the thinking behind narrowing down the categories at the front end and does it imply that those categories not on the drop down will be moved to the archive section in the long term which in my view could see a fall in activity on the site. In addition there is no direct link to boooks which make up a major part of the reviews written on site.

I cannot believe that Contact Lenses gets its own category, can't wait to read all those fascinating reviews.
Back to top Go down
liz1102

liz1102

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2006-10-09

A NEW LOOK DOOYOO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A NEW LOOK DOOYOO.   A NEW LOOK DOOYOO. EmptySat 04 Nov 2006, 11:44

I'm not sure I like the drop down menu's so far, as I keep inadvertently making them drop down when all I was doing is moving the mouse from my address bar to the 'login' button.

Last edited by on Sat 04 Nov 2006, 15:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

A NEW LOOK DOOYOO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A NEW LOOK DOOYOO.   A NEW LOOK DOOYOO. EmptySat 04 Nov 2006, 13:52

I think it is a first draft too, I think there is more next week.

however, I think the menus are done with the consumer in mind. THe biggest hitting items that people research are electronics, gadgets etc, because they are more expensive. (even contact Lenses!!)

The lower value goods, books etc are not going to be big hitters for the site, and draw in lots of traffic - if consumers want books they probably do not research them quite so thoroughly on the net first, same with bank accounts, you picks your bank and you moan about it for ever, no amount of reading reviews from strangers would make me switch banks and I imagine if most people want to compare financial products, they would go somewhere like moneysupermarket.com which offers much more functionality than dooyoo ever could
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

A NEW LOOK DOOYOO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A NEW LOOK DOOYOO.   A NEW LOOK DOOYOO. EmptySat 04 Nov 2006, 14:55

Makes perfect sense as long as they retain the other categories in the current section and do not move them to archive which would significantly reduce the number of reads writers would get.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A NEW LOOK DOOYOO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A NEW LOOK DOOYOO.   A NEW LOOK DOOYOO. Empty

Back to top Go down

A NEW LOOK DOOYOO.
Page 1 of 1