www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

VHS versus DVD reviews?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jaggynettles

jaggynettles

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2006-03-01

VHS versus DVD reviews? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VHS versus DVD reviews?   VHS versus DVD reviews? - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Mar 2006, 17:18

I want to review a film which I have on official DVD. The official DVD release does not have any extras so going by previous discussions, I understand that I have to place the film in the VHS category.

My problem is this - to propose a film to DooYoo, you have to give DooYoo a link to your product and this film is NOT available on VHS - so what do I do?
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: VHS versus DVD reviews?   VHS versus DVD reviews? - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Mar 2006, 17:25

I would have thought that if it genuinely has no extras (and believe me people will check), then the DVD section is the place for it. Telling the consumer that they get nothing extra for their money is a good thing. Also consider this. A DVD review isn't just about extras. It's about quality as well and options of languages etc.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Jill Murphy

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2006-03-07

PostSubject: Re: VHS versus DVD reviews?   VHS versus DVD reviews? - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Mar 2006, 19:38

I would write a review on the film and post it in the Film Only category. And I would give Dooyoo the Amazon link for the DVD.

Why? It's not a DVD 'package' in the way that the DVD category on Dooyoo implicitly asks for DVD 'package' reviews. The Dooyoo VHS category is NOT a VHS category, it is Film Only category and the VHS name is a bug in the system waiting to be fixed. If you're writing a Film Only review, the film could have been watched in any number of ways - buying, renting, cinema, DVD, VHS - and it therefore doesn't matter which format you give to Dooyoo in the suggestion info.

PS: Of course, the fact that the suggestion box can't be tailored to accommodate individual categories is yet another bug in the system... but we won't hold our breath on that one. Most annoying when looking for [unnecessary] images in some categories.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: VHS versus DVD reviews?   VHS versus DVD reviews? - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Mar 2006, 19:46

Go with Jill, she knows best. I was hindering a guess.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637

PostSubject: Re: VHS versus DVD reviews?   VHS versus DVD reviews? - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Mar 2006, 20:58

Jill is of course correct. You could post it in DVD and state there are no extras perhaps providing a link proving it but I wouldn't bother when their is a film only category that will serve you with no hassle.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
sandemp

sandemp

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: VHS versus DVD reviews?   VHS versus DVD reviews? - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Mar 2006, 22:32

I would post it as film only/VHS, unless there is something significant you can say about the actual DVD. For example if the picture/audio quality is particularly bad then telling me that will make a DVD review very useful, as I'll know that it's best to simply record off the TV.
Back to top Go down
jaggynettles

jaggynettles

Number of posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: VHS versus DVD reviews?   VHS versus DVD reviews? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Mar 2006, 15:09

Cheers peoples... I initial proposed the DVD but I've switched my propoasl to VHS (and linked to the DVD product page as Jill suggested). I'll wait and see if it goes through.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VHS versus DVD reviews?   VHS versus DVD reviews? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

VHS versus DVD reviews?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2