www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if...

Go down 
+6
butters
Digbycat
kelr101
Thingywhatsit
sandemp
dididave
10 posters
AuthorMessage
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2006-03-01

Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if... Empty
PostSubject: Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if...   Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if... EmptyTue 07 Mar 2006, 18:40

there was no payment? People write in the ciao cafe wih virtually no incentive other than feedback and rates. Would Speakers Corner be similar? After all there is no real reason why dooyoo should pay for reviews written in SC as they are not useful to consumers.

Do you write in SC at times purely for the miles? For example, to push yourself over the boundary for claiming vouchers when you have nothing to write about.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
sandemp

sandemp

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if...   Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if... EmptyTue 07 Mar 2006, 18:45

Seeing as I don't post in the speakers corner all that often (perhaps 2-3 times altogether) I don't think it would bother me that much. I write because I enjoy writing not because I'm going to make my fortune (although Dooyoo does keep me nicely supplied with new books).
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if...   Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if... EmptyTue 07 Mar 2006, 19:43

I am trying my best to write reviews in the Speakers Corner that are informative to the public in general and am about to propose one. Yes, I would write in there even if they were not paid, because I believe that they can have very useful reference information for people, and in areas where I have specific knowledge, it gives me a place where I can share that knowledge. I have no idea if Speakers Corner reviews get crowns at all, which means I didn't actually post them in order for financial rewards other than the normal rates but hope that they can be used as a useful reference by someone.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
kelr101

kelr101

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2006-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if...   Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if... EmptyWed 08 Mar 2006, 11:15

Makes no difference to me if you're not paid for writing in speakers corner. I've only written one review in SC and that was my debate on banning smoking which I thought was a damn good review and wanted to sharewith Dooyoo members. Makes no difference that I receive no reward.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if...   Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if... EmptyWed 08 Mar 2006, 11:17

I think those kind of debate reviews are quite good because it gives other people your perspective. Haven't written about the smoking one because it's not something I feel strongly enough about, but if I do feel strongly about a subject, I would write it pay or no pay.
Back to top Go down
Digbycat

Digbycat

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if...   Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if... EmptyFri 10 Mar 2006, 14:02

I think if they stopped paying out it would possibly encourage more of the 'what colour is your duvet' style challenge that clogs up ciao. At the moment the fact that it is paid and does not get abused is great.

Since returning to ciao I have deliberately avoided writing in the cafe.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if...   Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if... EmptyFri 10 Mar 2006, 15:36

Personally I have added to the database on dooyoo in the last couple of days and the subject matter are things that I feel are important issues, and if more people did that and produced helpful reviews, I think there is much that can be achieved, and payment to me isn't that important, but being able to pass on useful information is.
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

Number of posts : 975
Registration date : 2006-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if...   Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if... EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 19:07

The ones that make you laugh or change your opinion though...
It wouldnt bother me unless it is something that really stupid. I mainly write there if i am particuarly interested in it (general opinion questions, boxing etc.). Its great to write in there when your stuck for ideas though
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if...   Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if... EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 19:39

I am not sure I agree here Butters. If you are stuck for ideas better not to write at all until they come back. Using the speakers corner bit for a dumping ground for uninspired writing is not quite what it is there for.
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if...   Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if... EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 20:26

butters wrote:
Its great to write in there when your stuck for ideas though

So you dont advocate writing something heartfelt and meaningful, I think thats what SC should be about not "isnt paying tax unfair..moan moan sulk".
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
butters

butters

Number of posts : 975
Registration date : 2006-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if...   Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if... EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 21:08

steerpyke wrote:
butters wrote:
Its great to write in there when your stuck for ideas though

So you dont advocate writing something heartfelt and meaningful, I think thats what SC should be about not "isnt paying tax unfair..moan moan sulk".

Iam very opinionated so will always have opinions. I mean when you run out of actual products to suggest
Back to top Go down
Cerberus

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2006-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if...   Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if... EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 21:15

At the ed of the day most people on opinionated sites are opinionated,and so they have the PC section to have thier say.Yes they should be paid as this section generates huge hits, which people are forgeting are the hits that pay everyones wages.We are not eebing paid for our views...but our participation.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if...   Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if... EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 21:26

yes but there is an apathy towards speakers corner and using it for half hearted quick earners.
Back to top Go down
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if...   Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if... EmptySat 20 May 2006, 01:11

Writting is about speakers corner though--having your say.The apathy towards it may be the restrictions placed on it. I wish dooyoo members would embrace the freedom the internet offers...You no longer have to believe the papers,or let them dictate to you;you can now close the gap between hype and reality in SP-C.
Back to top Go down
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if...   Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if... EmptySat 20 May 2006, 01:11

Writting is about speakers corner though--having your say.The apathy towards it may be the restrictions placed on it. I wish dooyoo members would embrace the freedom the internet offers...You no longer have to believe the papers,or let them dictate to you;you can now close the gap between hype and reality in SP-C.
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if...   Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if... EmptySat 20 May 2006, 09:45

Cerberus wrote:

I agree Phil.

If only the members of Dooyoo did not report the reviews in which you verbally attacked imigrants, racial culture and non-UK residents and if only Dooyoo had not removed those oh so colourful and chirpy reviews, it would be so much better writing in that kind of freedom of speech environment.

Sometimes I just do not get Dooyoo!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if...   Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if... EmptySat 20 May 2006, 21:52

If I did not get paid then I would not bother to write in it to be honest and occasionally I will use it just to get the miles to take me over the limit however I have also written a couple of reviews on family issues and fathers rights that could be useful to someone if they were looking for that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if...   Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if... Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you stop writing in Speakers Corner if...
Page 1 of 1