www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!

Go down 
+13
drewboy
badcompany77
crispy
koshkha
helencbradshaw
fizzywizzy
WendyBull
SaschaT
WormThatTurned
liz1102
Thingywhatsit
spoilt_little_brat
brax
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2006-10-26

Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!   Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Dec 2006, 15:52

Yes it's possible but now I think you're taking the ......etc, etc. Would make more sense for it to be a man, unless there are now females looking for sex for sale and that is, while not an impossibilty, much less likely. It doesn't really fit the profile of a serial killer of this kind.
And the police are working on the assumption that it's a man....
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!   Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Dec 2006, 15:54

There is a possibility it is not a man of course but I would tend to think it would be a man, beacsue as far as I know there was only one serial killer who was female, and they have been strangled I think - so it would take quite a lot of strength to do that and I would naturally assume it was therefroe a man.

Not sexist just assumptiomns from what we know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

PostSubject: Re: Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!   Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Dec 2006, 15:57

Hear hear, Wendy
Back to top Go down
WormThatTurned

WormThatTurned

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2006-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!   Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Dec 2006, 16:00

Highly likely its a man but you never know.

Anyway the link in all 5 murders is that they were all female prostitutes so the police and press have to focus on that to try and catch the killer at the moment. Its not denigrating the dead to point out what is taking place. If it was 2 clerical workers and 3 shop workers the only link would be they were all women so they wouldnt highlight the professions. If it was 5 nurses, Im sure that would be reported.

The fact that they were all prostitutes is a vital bit of information at this point in time.
Back to top Go down
badcompany77

badcompany77

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2006-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!   Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Dec 2006, 18:39

I would say like the Yorkshire Ripper if not caught this nutter will go on to kill outside the prostitutes of Ipswich. I saw that last girl who was killed being interviewed about the dangers and her saying it was a risk she had to take as she needed the money....A few days later she is murdered, that is just tragic......

I dont give this nutter the label of being clever, to me hes just a sicko who is weeks away from being arrested. I despise the coverage the media give a serial killer and its if they are just hanging about like a buzzard for the next victim....They in my eyes are almost as sick as the killer........Rant over !!
Back to top Go down
http://www.problempages.net
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

PostSubject: Re: Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!   Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Dec 2006, 19:04

The problem is that the media are denounced if they are not seen to be "informing" everyone of the dangers but there is also the fact that broadcasting so much coverage there is the risk of crank callers offering false information and delaying or diverting the investigation or - more worryingly - the fact that it has sometimes been the case that high coverage has only served to please the killer - getting lots of attention could be something the killer thrives on. It does look like this killer is playing a game with the police and almost boasting of his/her ability to remover women from the streets without detection and move the bodies al over the place.
Back to top Go down
badcompany77

badcompany77

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2006-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!   Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Dec 2006, 19:32

The police havent had a chance to examine all the dna yet. This killer is careless and will be uncovered to be a nobody. The Yorkshire Ripper was much the same only the police bungled that enquiry.....

I am saying this guy will be arrested within the next 2 weeks and I agree it needs media coverage but they are just overdoing it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.problempages.net
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!   Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Dec 2006, 21:14

Can I just say, in reply to a message left earlier, that you are wrong about your reasons why you think it is not a woman. Not one of the killings has been found to be a sexual killing so women asking for sex doesnt even come into the picture.

For all we know it could be a woman who hates prostitutes.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!   Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Dec 2006, 23:12

Statistically the likelihood of a female serial killer is about as likely as a white Christmas in Capetown. And that's not a sexist comment - it's statistics! Or maybe even genetics.
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!   Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed 13 Dec 2006, 23:25

koshkha wrote:
Statistically the likelihood of a female serial killer is about as likely as a white Christmas in Capetown. And that's not a sexist comment - it's statistics! Or maybe even genetics.

there are lies, damn lies, and statistics. I'm sure we have all heard that one.

And in response to an earlier comment, a sober woman would likely have more strength than a druged up woman.

No that I'm saying it isnt a man, just that assumtions are dangerous things to make.
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!   Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Dec 2006, 01:01

As a woman myself, I am only 5"5 and I could/can easily overpower a female and even some men.

I do agree that men seem to always be the suspects but until we have anything to go on then you cannot cross out the killer being a woman.

Some women have really strong opinions about prostitutes, that they are selling their soul, and are degrading giving women a bad name.

It only takes one woman to flip or have some sort of bad experience, but obviously all of this could also be said for a male killer.

So my long winded point is that it is too early to assume something like the killer is male.

It is funny that people feel so strongly about the word prostitute being used, but yet don't think twice about being so blatantly sexist.
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

PostSubject: Re: Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!   Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Dec 2006, 10:14

for god's sake - no one is being sexist, just stating an opinion.

No one has said it is not a woman just more likely to be a man!

This thread was about the poor women being murdered not accusing members of being sexist.

And for the record no one seems to be offended by the word Prostitute, just the abbreviated version used in the old title which was not nice!
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!   Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Dec 2006, 11:19

Quote :
Statistically the likelihood of a female serial killer is about as likely as a white Christmas in Capetown. And that's not a sexist comment - it's statistics! Or maybe even genetics

I'd like to see proof of this

I am stronger than my husband and could easily overpower another woman if I was put in a situation where I wanted to.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
WendyBull

WendyBull

PostSubject: Re: Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!   Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Dec 2006, 11:27

OK, put it this way. How many think this killer is a woman and how many a man?

I personally think it is a man doing the killing.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!   Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Dec 2006, 11:43

Thingywhatsit wrote:
Quote :
Statistically the likelihood of a female serial killer is about as likely as a white Christmas in Capetown. And that's not a sexist comment - it's statistics! Or maybe even genetics

I'd like to see proof of this

I am stronger than my husband and could easily overpower another woman if I was put in a situation where I wanted to.

It's not a matter of relative strength - there are plenty of ways to kill people that require no physical strength at all - look at the poor Russian guy and his Polonium.

It's a matter of motivation and whilst I can't quote you chapter and verse and cite lots of sources, it's definitely the case that the vast majority of serial killers are male

Women that kill are
1. much more rare
2. much more likely to kill someone they know well - a cheating husband, an inconvenient lover, a child, a relative, someone who has abused someone they love.

What I do know - from having a husband with 15 years working in the prison system (including 6 years in a women's prison - the one Myra was in) - is that women are mostly in prison for non-payment of fines, theft, fraud, prostitution and drug related crime etc. The killers are few and far between and more often than not killed their husbands.

Can anyone name me a female serial killer other than Rose West and Myra Hindley (both involved in 'team' serial killing) or Aileen Wornos (who I assume is the person someone referred to earlier in the thread - and she killed MEN)?

It's not the slightest bit sexist to say the killer is probably a man - God help us all if the Police don't work on the basis of that sort of reasonable assumption.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!   Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Dec 2006, 14:41

Quote :
What I do know - from having a husband with 15 years working in the prison system (including 6 years in a women's prison - the one Myra was in) - is that women are mostly in prison for non-payment of fines, theft, fraud, prostitution and drug related crime etc. The killers are few and far between and more often than not killed their husbands

Perhaps they just didn't get caught !! LOL
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!   Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Dec 2006, 15:08

I think you will find reading back over the posts that people were also bringing up the fact that the word 'prostitute' being used in the press was wrong.

It is sexist. It wasn't even being brought intot he topic about 'do we think it is a man or a woman' but the point that a few members on here are making is that jumping to the conclusion that the killer is male is inappropriate AND sexist.

I don't find a problem with some things I and others have wrote in other topics, but it has still lead to people being called racist, discriminating etc etc and yet those same people fell it ok to be sexist and so easily jusp to conclusions. It's called double standards and it's hillarious.
Back to top Go down
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

PostSubject: Re: Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!   Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Dec 2006, 15:14

I like the way you've managed to draw the attention away from the charges made by othe contributors about what they see as you being racist and trying to make out that we're all sexist. There's no sexism involved - jumping to conclusions perhaps but not sexism. If someone had said "it must be a man because all men are prostitute killers", you might just have a point..
Back to top Go down
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

PostSubject: Re: Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!   Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Dec 2006, 15:17

I wish more people would have the guts to speak up here and say when people are being racist because there is too much wishy-washiness and not wanting to offend. It seems its only those with the offensive views who seem willing to make a noise
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

PostSubject: Re: Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!   Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Dec 2006, 15:19

I've never called anyone racist or discriminating. I simply said that I did not think it was sexist to assume the killer is a man, based on history. I have never once said it is definately not a woman or definately a man, just that I assume it will be.

Quote :

It is funny that people feel so strongly about the word prostitute being used, but yet don't think twice about being so blatantly sexist.

To be honest I have just read back over the posts quickly and I cannot see any member objecting to them being called Prostitutes. The only objection was from Helen who quite rightly (IMO) was offended by them being referred to as "Prossies" which is not a nice term. This was in the title and it was edited. There is nothing else as far as I can see.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!   Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Dec 2006, 15:24

You will always have people with strong opinions on forums. I looked at both the posts that are called sexist and the ones called racist because it is my responsibility to ensure that sexist and racist comments are curbed. I don't actually believe that anyone on the forum is sexist or racist, or they would be banned from the site or at least warned. I just think that many have stronger opinions than others and sometimes are not too careful about what they post.

On subject, I think only time will tell who the murderer is. I feel that people murdered that all fit one occupation seems to indicate that the killer has a dislike for sex trade, though that's just an assumption. Perhaps they were badly treated by a woman and have decided that sex workers are the easiest target. Who knows.
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

PostSubject: Re: Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!   Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Dec 2006, 15:28

The other point is that the chances are "probable" that the "killer" is picking them up after pretending to want sex and then killing them - so "chances" are it would make sense that it is a man "probably" but this is just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
WormThatTurned

WormThatTurned

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2006-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!   Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Dec 2006, 17:50

Who knows if it is someone working alone ?

Who knows if some of the killings have been copycat killings ?

Who knows if all 6 killings have 6 different killers ?

We dont know much really, so its pretty dangerous to jump to conclusions however it is very very likely it is a deranged man.

What is sure is that when they are caught they will have the notoriety of some of the worst killers in our history !!
Back to top Go down
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

PostSubject: Re: Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!   Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Dec 2006, 17:56

Is it not 5 in this current spate? Are you including the unsolved murder of a prostitute in that area some years ago?
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!   Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Dec 2006, 18:01

I have just been reading up on serial killers and found an interesting item about women serial killers.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/women/women_killers2/3.html
Back to top Go down

Someone is killing sex workers in Suffolk!!!!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next