www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ciao is making it hard work.

Go down 
+12
Ciao's Favourite Member
SaschaT
Essexgirl
atticusuk
lisa2062
Vax
susan1967
liz1102
koshkha
helencbradshaw
scream4bruce
Thingywhatsit
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

Ciao is making it hard work. Empty
PostSubject: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. EmptyTue 09 Jan 2007, 20:00

I read and rate. I give every review adequate time and my attention, and what happens at the end of it ? My rating fails to stick. I am wondering if this is happening to everyone, but also how many people actually look to see if their rating stuck and plough on through their alerts without noticing that the rating didn't stick. It is annoying and a waste of our time that we have to read everything twice.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. EmptyTue 09 Jan 2007, 20:16

Do you mean to check over it again on return rather than reading it twice? I'm having problems but I don't think I've had to go back because something did not stick, I just look for pressed box and rating on the right. It is confusing when the system reverts between old and newest states.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. EmptyTue 09 Jan 2007, 20:20

In the past I could rate and trust that the rating had taken, but now I have to rate, scroll down and look on the right to see if the rating has taken, and if not read it again. It is happening all the time and really is an irritation. I also get the button at the bottom showing sometimes that I have given a rating and at the side of the review my name does not appear. Weird.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. EmptyTue 09 Jan 2007, 20:22

Press F5, it usually sticks....(unless you were too quick in rating in the first place i.e. the "normal" delay thing..)

same with comments Smile They are usually there...somewhere cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. EmptyTue 09 Jan 2007, 20:25

I take my time with every single review. Read every blimmin word. Whats the F5 all about ?
Back to top Go down
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. EmptyTue 09 Jan 2007, 20:37

It is annoying when you spend the whole day reading one review only to click on the button for it to return the red box telling you must read the review properly! I just click again and again,

OR
I pick a song in Winamp to sing to and then when done, press the rating again.

Repeat until stuck.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. EmptyTue 09 Jan 2007, 21:19

it refreshes the screen...same as refresh
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. EmptyTue 09 Jan 2007, 22:58

There also seems to be a problem with the system going backwards sometimes. You open a review, read a comment someone has left you and 30 seconds later it's gone. Then it's back again. Then it's gone. The numbers are going up and down all over the place.

Has anyone else had that sort of problem?
Back to top Go down
liz1102

liz1102

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2006-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. EmptyTue 09 Jan 2007, 23:41

Its the comments problem that I've been noticing most. My account page will say I have 10 comments, and then I go into the comment page and there's only 2 there and visa versa!
Back to top Go down
susan1967

susan1967

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. EmptyWed 10 Jan 2007, 00:16

Its all cack, thats my profound thought for the day.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. EmptyWed 10 Jan 2007, 00:20

Very profound Susan, thanks for that. Made my day
Back to top Go down
Vax

Vax

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2006-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. EmptyThu 11 Jan 2007, 15:29

Having just submitted another review online I discovered a few things that Ciao's gremlins are doing. If like me you save reviews to be written for later submission and put an ad hoc title in the product title, Ciao is hell bent on saving this very title when it comes to submitting the review. Ive since had to change my review 12 times before the title would stick, 10 attempts to put on one single photo and following a thick member's comment another 5 attempts to change a sentence. Yes folks Ive had enough of F. Ciao!!
Back to top Go down
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. EmptyThu 11 Jan 2007, 15:58

I feel you should have given it time, as I said the system does not update instantly usually, for I think it reverts between old and newer states.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. EmptyThu 11 Jan 2007, 18:27

I was adding photos yesterday and I had about half a dozen lined up and abandoned the task after three because there were so many technical glitches.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. EmptyThu 11 Jan 2007, 18:48

Like I Rachel I normally get the rating at the bottom showing I've rated, but it takes an age to show up on the other side. Today I've been catching up on there or trying to should I say, and most of the time it wouldn't take my rating at all. What with my last review coming and going as well, I'm getting fed up with the site at the moment. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. EmptyFri 12 Jan 2007, 00:26

koshkha wrote:
There also seems to be a problem with the system going backwards sometimes. You open a review, read a comment someone has left you and 30 seconds later it's gone. Then it's back again. Then it's gone. The numbers are going up and down all over the place.

Has anyone else had that sort of problem?

Yep loads of times.
Back to top Go down
Essexgirl

Essexgirl

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2006-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. EmptyFri 12 Jan 2007, 18:43

Same here. I noticed that two new people had rated me, clicked to check if there was a new review against one name, by the time I got back to my review, the second name had disappeared only to return 30 mins later.

I have found my name doesn't appear on the right, but the button is 'depressed' at the bottom or vice versa, but if I pop back the rating has always taken later, so I don't worry. Although when I have re-rated to be on the safe side I then get 'You have not left enough time' (even though I had just read the review in full) or whatever the warning says, yet my name has re-appeared on the right...

*Bangs head against brick wall with frustration*[/img]
Back to top Go down
Vax

Vax

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. EmptySat 13 Jan 2007, 13:38

scream4bruce wrote:
I feel you should have given it time, as I said the system does not update instantly usually, for I think it reverts between old and newer states.

The system updates instantly when it works properly. Ive been getting msgs from people who can see my comments but not ratings; and that's when I haven't gone back and refreshed the system. Today I gave someone an E and no obligatory comment box appeared automatically.
Back to top Go down
SaschaT

SaschaT

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. EmptySat 13 Jan 2007, 16:02

What's the point of this thread? Do you think complaining in this place will make any difference? It seems to be a fact, that Ciao just can't get their glitches sorted. So live with it, or don't visit Ciao any more. It's a s simple as that. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. EmptySat 13 Jan 2007, 16:14

Quote :
What's the point of this thread? Do you think complaining in this place will make any difference? It seems to be a fact, that Ciao just can't get their glitches sorted. So live with it, or don't visit Ciao any more. It's a s simple as that.

There is a point to the thread. When people experience difficulties on ciao or sites like it, they often wonder if it is a one off event, or whether in fact other users are experiencing the same problems.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. EmptySat 13 Jan 2007, 18:05

SaschaT wrote:
So live with it, or don't visit Ciao any more. It's a s simple as that.

..or contact Ciao directly and complain about how crap their site is technically, giving them details that they may need to fix the issues including your ISP, internet connection type/speed, browser, any browser plugins you might have installed etc.
Back to top Go down
SaschaT

SaschaT

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2006-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. EmptySat 13 Jan 2007, 18:17

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:
SaschaT wrote:
So live with it, or don't visit Ciao any more. It's a s simple as that.

..or contact Ciao directly and complain about how crap their site is technically, giving them details that they may need to fix the issues including your ISP, internet connection type/speed, browser, any browser plugins you might have installed etc.

or that, yes. But I doubt that a ciao representative checks this forum to see what's wrong on ciao Smile
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. EmptySat 13 Jan 2007, 18:20

I'll tell them what's wrong.

I don't get any diamonds. Where are my diamonds, Ciao? You b*st*rds!

I am their favourite member, after all. Wink
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. EmptySat 13 Jan 2007, 18:25

hopefully they at least monitor the stability of their own site though...the problems we see now all seem to be very similar in their nature, so likely to have the same root cause, and have always happened from time to time on Ciao and are usually fixed within a reasonable time frame. This time though, it has been screwed up for six weeks or more...
Back to top Go down
Vax

Vax

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. EmptySun 14 Jan 2007, 03:31

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:

Ive done that three times this week - usually they send me a reply but nothing seems to have been sent back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ciao is making it hard work.   Ciao is making it hard work. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ciao is making it hard work.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next