www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao

Go down 
+11
liz1102
bandcamp
jekka
drewboy
koshkha
helencbradshaw
TheHairyGodmother
Deru
atticusuk
Ciao's Favourite Member
Paul99ine
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul99ine

Paul99ine

Number of posts : 3215
Registration date : 2006-02-28

Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao Empty
PostSubject: Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao   Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao EmptyThu 20 Sep 2007, 13:59

This morning I was offered the chance to participate in a survey by Ciao.
I was soooo excited by the prospect.....I mean what they offered me was such a wonderful hourly rate!!!.....

"If you complete our easy 40-minutes survey, you can earn £0.81*
for sharing your thoughts and preferences".

Makes you laugh....doesn't it......Do they think we're mad/daft or what?
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao   Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao EmptyThu 20 Sep 2007, 15:55

Perhaps, but you bet that they'll get enough money grabbing members to fill the survey...
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao   Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao EmptySat 22 Sep 2007, 11:23

Report them for breaking minimum wage laws, which there not actually breaking but they will cancel your account for abuse.
Back to top Go down
Paul99ine

Paul99ine

PostSubject: Re: Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao   Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao EmptySat 22 Sep 2007, 11:31

atticusuk wrote:
Report them for breaking minimum wage laws, which there not actually breaking but they will cancel your account for abuse.

Nah.....There's no point in that.....best just to let others get the benefit of the massive pay outs from thesr types of surveys. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Deru

Deru

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao   Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao EmptyThu 27 Sep 2007, 10:49

A lot of them seem to be paying 81p lately. Strange. Granted, some took less time
Back to top Go down
http://www.dels-ebooks.co.uk
Paul99ine

Paul99ine

PostSubject: Re: Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao   Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao EmptyThu 27 Sep 2007, 19:10

Deru wrote:
A lot of them seem to be paying 81p lately. Strange. Granted, some took less time

I'm now being offered the princely sum of *gulp* 27p to complete a whole raft of surveys! Mad
Back to top Go down
Deru

Deru

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao   Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao EmptySun 21 Oct 2007, 19:39

Same here now. I do the ones which say are 10 mins though. 20mins sometimes but pretty much all of them are under £1 now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dels-ebooks.co.uk
TheHairyGodmother

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao   Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao EmptySat 27 Oct 2007, 12:16

Paul99ine wrote:
This morning I was offered the chance to participate in a survey by Ciao.
I was soooo excited by the prospect.....I mean what they offered me was such a wonderful hourly rate!!!.....

"If you complete our easy 40-minutes survey, you can earn £0.81*
for sharing your thoughts and preferences".

Makes you laugh....doesn't it......Do they think we're mad/daft or what?

Looks like they have now gone one better than this: Got this one this morning!

We´d like to offer you an interesting opportunity to express your point
of view. This time, our partner would like to know your opinions on
071008-20206-3. If you complete our easy 50-minutes survey, you can earn
£0.51* for sharing your thoughts and preferences.
Think I will be giving it a miss, despite only paying a penny per minute, it also tells you the survey is about 071008-20206-3 - whatever that is!
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

PostSubject: Re: Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao   Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao EmptySat 27 Oct 2007, 15:40

Had one offerring 17p for 25 minutes so now it is less than a penny a minute.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao   Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao EmptySat 27 Oct 2007, 16:05

TheHairyGodmother wrote:

Think I will be giving it a miss, despite only paying a penny per minute, it also tells you the survey is about 071008-20206-3 - whatever that is!

Probably IT...! They expect a CIO qualified individual and they offer about 50p a survey lately!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Paul99ine

Paul99ine

PostSubject: Re: Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao   Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao EmptySat 27 Oct 2007, 20:10

What is interesting is that now I'm getting SECOND CHANCE survey emails.
There's no increase in the amount they're offering to pay, but obviously they're not getting enough folks completing them so are needing to give us all a second chance. lol

I'm actually still waiting on £1.30 to be paid into my Ciao account for a survey I completed on 31st August.....my emails to them are being ignored!

Strangely enough I'm ignoring their offers of new surveys. Laughing
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

PostSubject: Re: Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao   Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao EmptySat 27 Oct 2007, 23:30

Had one today paying 51p which failed to upload and have just completed the same survey for a £1 on another site, reckon the barstewards take a cut for themselves.
Back to top Go down
TheHairyGodmother

PostSubject: Re: Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao   Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao EmptySun 28 Oct 2007, 12:59

atticusuk wrote:
reckon the barstewards take a cut for themselves.

Yes I had one recently that Ciao were offering to pay about 75p for, I did it but later that day i got another one from a different survey site which appeared to be identical, but offering £2 for?? Needless to say I did the survey twice Mad
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao   Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao EmptySun 28 Oct 2007, 14:12

I think the answer is to stop doing the Ciao surveys. I've also had a lot of the 'second chance' mails and I figure if enough of us ignore them for long enough, they'll have to reconsider the payments.
A lot of sites pay laughably poor money but do it through 'points' that disguise how bad the money can be. Ciao needs a wake-up call that we're not all as stupid as they seem to assume.
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao   Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao EmptySun 28 Oct 2007, 14:24

Yup. I stopped doing those surveys ages ago, and get second chance emails all the time.

That must mean that the quota's are not being met.
Back to top Go down
Paul99ine

Paul99ine

PostSubject: Re: Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao   Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao EmptySun 28 Oct 2007, 18:59

drewboy wrote:
Yup. I stopped doing those surveys ages ago, and get second chance emails all the time.

That must mean that the quota's are not being met.

Are we surprised or sad?
lol!
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

PostSubject: Re: Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao   Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao EmptyTue 30 Oct 2007, 19:29

Apathetic
Back to top Go down
jekka

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao   Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao EmptyFri 02 Nov 2007, 18:00

I haven't done one for over 6 months now...they were starting to compete with review writing for level of crap pay :-)
Back to top Go down
bandcamp

bandcamp

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2006-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao   Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao EmptyMon 05 Nov 2007, 20:58

My friend has two accounts registered with ciao under two different email accounts. One she is active with, the other she only opened for a cashback site (naughty!). On her active account she's lucky if she gets survey invites once a fortnight - even luckier if she ever qualifies for one apparently! But on the account she has never posted a review on, never rated any member with... she's getting survey invitations averaging 5 a week. However... her hobbies and interests profiles are the same on both accounts apparently.

*strokes chin*
Back to top Go down
liz1102

liz1102

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2006-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao   Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao EmptyTue 06 Nov 2007, 01:46

I unsubscribed from the surveys a month ago now and I'm still getting 'second chance' emails for the same 51p survey over and over again - at least 2 a day! Its insane
Back to top Go down
TheHairyGodmother

PostSubject: Re: Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao   Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao EmptyThu 08 Nov 2007, 02:12

I see ciao seem to have adopted a standard survey reward of 51p regardless of the length? and why on earth do they insist on sending me 3 "second chance" emails for the same survey? as far as i am concerned they can stick it now, they have messed me around too much!

[/url]
Back to top Go down
TheHairyGodmother

PostSubject: Re: Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao   Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao EmptyThu 08 Nov 2007, 02:13

liz1102 wrote:
I unsubscribed from the surveys a month ago now and I'm still getting 'second chance' emails for the same 51p survey over and over again - at least 2 a day! Its insane

oops only just saw this.... still... glad its not just me!
Back to top Go down
TheHairyGodmother

PostSubject: Re: Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao   Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao EmptyThu 08 Nov 2007, 02:16

to reinforce that, i got ten survey opportunites through today, all for 51p, 4 were second chance ones, and the six that werent, i didnt qualify for any, and if i had qualified for all six, it would have taken me nearly four hours to earn £3.06! Im glad I didnt qualify, I shant be doing ciao surveys again!
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

PostSubject: Re: Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao   Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao EmptyFri 09 Nov 2007, 16:56

I would not even worry about qualifying for that return at the moment I automatically hit the delete button ithout reading them, thing is if they get enough muppets prepared to spend 4 hours to earn £3 then they can constantly lower the price. Only when they do not get the sample size will they change.
Back to top Go down
Paul99ine

Paul99ine

PostSubject: Re: Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao   Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao EmptyFri 09 Nov 2007, 20:13

atticusuk wrote:
I would not even worry about qualifying for that return at the moment I automatically hit the delete button ithout reading them, thing is if they get enough muppets prepared to spend 4 hours to earn £3 then they can constantly lower the price. Only when they do not get the sample size will they change.

Yep.....I'm with you on this......
D'you really think there are peeps out there that are happily filling these in? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao   Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao Empty

Back to top Go down

Latest money making (Ha Ha) survey from Ciao
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next