www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back

Go down 
+8
Ailran
Stunt_101
WendyBull
berlioz
atticusuk
koshkha
marandina
lisa2062
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back Empty
PostSubject: Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back   Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back EmptyFri 19 Jan 2007, 23:18

I loved Bugs that was on BBC one, half way through one of the series they pulled the plug which wasn't fair. Also Tomorrows World was an interesting program I'd like to see back! Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
marandina

marandina

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back   Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back EmptyFri 19 Jan 2007, 23:31

Tomorrow's World *is* coming back!
Back to top Go down
http://www.casheroonie.com
lisa2062

lisa2062

PostSubject: Re: Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back   Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back EmptyFri 19 Jan 2007, 23:35

oooooo when?
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back   Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back EmptySat 20 Jan 2007, 00:13

I really enjoyed a Channel 4 comedy last year about an Indian restaurant - it was called Meet the Magoons and had Hardeep Singh Koli (not sure about the spelling on that one). I tried to see if it was available as a DVD but no joy - so I'm guessing it got axed.

Anyone know?
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back   Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back EmptySat 20 Jan 2007, 00:53

It would be wrong (and actually impossible) but Yes Prime Minister was brilliantly written, I just wish something of that same quality could be written now and not have to be imported.
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back   Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back EmptySat 20 Jan 2007, 01:27

Probe. They only made 7 episodes back in the 80's, but those seven were fantastic.

I don't know whether I should make the gratuitous Friends comment here...
Back to top Go down
marandina

marandina

PostSubject: Re: Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back   Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back EmptySat 20 Jan 2007, 01:35

Quote :
I don't know whether I should make the gratuitous Friends comment here...

You really shouldn't.
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back   Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back EmptySat 20 Jan 2007, 10:15

Invasion should never have been stopped after the first series. I miss my dose of Eddie Cibrian!
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back   Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back EmptySat 20 Jan 2007, 16:20

All Quiet on the Preston Front - about a group of Territorial Army members. It was sailing along on its 3rd (or so) series and it just stopped dead mid-series and never came back.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

PostSubject: Re: Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back   Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back EmptySat 20 Jan 2007, 17:42

That annoys me as surely they could finish the series for the people who were into it! Lisa x
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2006-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back   Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back EmptySun 21 Jan 2007, 16:53

Futurama
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back   Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back EmptySun 21 Jan 2007, 17:03

The two that come to mind straight away are...

American - Firefly,: never given the chance to get going although it is just brilliant.

British - Crime Traveller: I really enjoyed this series and it was a real shame that BBC droped it cos the new person in charge didnt like it. Going by the stuff on the DVD they had some great ideas for the second series.

I could probably think of loads of others though..
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back   Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back EmptySun 21 Jan 2007, 17:04

oh and Wendy if you want more of Eddie Cibrian look you should see Third Watch, plays a frieman in that and we all know what effect rhat uniform seems to have on every woman lol!
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

PostSubject: Re: Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back   Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back EmptySun 21 Jan 2007, 17:11

I almost forgot about Crime Traveller Simon, I loved that! Lisa x
Back to top Go down
marandina

marandina

PostSubject: Re: Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back   Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back EmptySun 21 Jan 2007, 17:16

Stunt_101 wrote:
Futurama

Scrapped? My lad has this on endlessly Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

PostSubject: Re: Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back   Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back EmptySun 21 Jan 2007, 17:18

Are the episodes on Sky One repeats then? Lisa x
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

PostSubject: Re: Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back   Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back EmptySun 21 Jan 2007, 17:24

Ailran wrote:
oh and Wendy if you want more of Eddie Cibrian look you should see Third Watch, plays a frieman in that and we all know what effect rhat uniform seems to have on every woman lol!

ooh la la - cheers matey!
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

PostSubject: Re: Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back   Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back EmptySun 21 Jan 2007, 17:37

lol! Simon I presume you meant he plays a Fireman and not a Frieman? Some how I don't think a Friemans uniform would be quite so fetching. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back   Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back EmptySun 21 Jan 2007, 17:54

Futurama was axed in 2003 as the American audiences were too stoopid to appreciate the sheer brilliance of it.
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2006-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back   Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back EmptySun 21 Jan 2007, 22:56

marandina wrote:
Stunt_101 wrote:
Futurama

Scrapped? My lad has this on endlessly Rolling Eyes

Oh, i thought it got canned, oops Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mauri

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2006-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back   Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back EmptyMon 22 Jan 2007, 13:02

Stunt_101 wrote:
Futurama

Futurama is coming back, I think they are making new episodes at the mo.
Back to top Go down
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2006-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back   Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back EmptyMon 22 Jan 2007, 19:24

A superb Channel 4 drama called "Psychos" starring the wonderful Dougie Henshall. It was the mental health equivalent of "Teachers" and it was my fave show of the last ten years. I seem to remember hearing that it was between that and "Queer as Folk" as to which got the money for a new series

Also "Teachers"....
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back   Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back EmptyMon 22 Jan 2007, 19:32

Does anyone remember a comedy about a Scottish airline called Air Scotia? I think the show was called the HIgh Life. It was outstanding.
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

PostSubject: Re: Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back   Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back EmptyMon 22 Jan 2007, 19:40

Dallas used to be regular wednesday night when i was a teenager. Loved it!
Back to top Go down
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2006-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back   Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back EmptyMon 22 Jan 2007, 20:47

koshkha wrote:
Does anyone remember a comedy about a Scottish airline called Air Scotia? I think the show was called the HIgh Life. It was outstanding.

I loved that - it starred the fabulous Alan Cummings who has since taken the US by storm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back   Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back Empty

Back to top Go down

Series that were scrapped but that you'd like to see back
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next