www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Checking points

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mum52

Mum52

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2006-02-28

Checking points Empty
PostSubject: Checking points   Checking points EmptyWed 08 Mar 2006, 19:18

I recently noticed that my points total and the number of points I should have had didn't match.

Have you ever checked your points, and if you realised there was a difference what would you do?
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

Checking points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking points   Checking points EmptyWed 08 Mar 2006, 21:55

As I have written over a hundred reviews I could not be bothered now going back and checking the totals for the sake of a few pounds. The figures look roughly correct based upon total number of reads and number of crowns awarded so the margin for error is small.

Given that there have been a few investigations over the past month or so then I wold not expect the two totals to match perfectly because in some cases miles were added back but not reads.
Back to top Go down
Mum52

Mum52

Checking points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking points   Checking points EmptyWed 08 Mar 2006, 22:54

I haven't written many reviews on Dooyoo, so it's easy to check. I haven't withdrawn any money either. I only did it 'because it was there', not because I thought there would be any difference.

I found out that there is a difference of several hundred points, which isn't to be sneezed at.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

Checking points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking points   Checking points EmptyWed 08 Mar 2006, 23:30

Can't say I ever notice unless I am coming near a payment and then it shows less when I go to cash in.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Mum52

Mum52

Checking points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking points   Checking points EmptyThu 09 Mar 2006, 17:37

I sent an email to Dooyoo which didn't get a reply, sent a second one with "For the attention of Ann" in the header and have had a reply telling me there is a technical defect, which they are going to look into. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Mum52

Mum52

Checking points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking points   Checking points EmptyWed 15 Mar 2006, 17:14

I've now had this reply

Quote :
We have checked your account in detail.
Now we can explain what has happened to your miles.
A number of frauds have been suspected concerning the dooyoo miles.
After these were confirmed we were forced to remove a number of accounts and all associated ratings, comments and reviews. Unfortunately, your account was concerned too. That means that the miles which you gained by one of these persons were removed from your account because they were not justified. But the number of total readings cannot be restored. Consequently, the number of readings cannot comply with your miles.

I'd have thought the database would automatically set the 'miles' according to reads, and if somebody leaves and their account is removed their reads go too ... but it doesn't seem to work that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Checking points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking points   Checking points Empty

Back to top Go down

Checking points
Page 1 of 1