www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Points still dropping

Go down 
+5
Lunah_c
anonymili
mattygroves
sugarnspice
frkurt
9 posters
AuthorMessage
frkurt

frkurt

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2006-03-14

Points still dropping Empty
PostSubject: Points still dropping   Points still dropping EmptyThu 20 Apr 2006, 16:39

Points are still dropping off my account (the sixth time in two weeks) and Ciao still hasn't responded to my question about why, so I sent them an email telling them I have suspended my activity on Ciao until they at least respond to my question.

I'm saving my alerts, assuming I'll be back to do things. However, if they are going to start the general policy of yanking away points when people leave, I'm not inclined to continue to do much more with Ciao, since it already feels a bit like spinning wheels in that regard - if I'm going actually be going backwards, then that is very demoralising.

Oh well...
Back to top Go down
sugarnspice

sugarnspice

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2006-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Points still dropping   Points still dropping EmptyThu 20 Apr 2006, 16:49

You could be losing points because of me being deleted. I rated quite a few of your reviews over the space of two years.
Back to top Go down
marcelle

PostSubject: Re: Points still dropping   Points still dropping EmptyThu 20 Apr 2006, 16:53

I am also losing points, I can only assume that "we" are losing them because of people being deleted who have rated our reviews. To be honest I don't care about points.
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

Number of posts : 397
Location : I like it here, but I have a summer home in reality
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Points still dropping   Points still dropping EmptyThu 20 Apr 2006, 17:00

After all, points in this case don't mean prizes.
Back to top Go down
anonymili

anonymili

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Points still dropping   Points still dropping EmptyThu 20 Apr 2006, 23:46

I don't take much notice of my points on a day to day basis, so wouldn't notice if they went down UNLESS it was by 1000s or something. I didn't realise points went down if members who had rated you left. Their comments seem to stay there and their ratings too, or did I imagine that?
Back to top Go down
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2006-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Points still dropping   Points still dropping EmptyFri 21 Apr 2006, 10:13

I never look at my points, so would have no idea if they went up or down.
Back to top Go down
frkurt

frkurt

PostSubject: Re: Points still dropping   Points still dropping EmptyFri 21 Apr 2006, 20:46

I hate to sound like I'm obsessed with points (I'm not, really) but my total has gone down by over 1000 points in the past week and a half, and I'm concerned that the new policy has become that they take away points (it wasn't like that in the past). I don't understand the reasoning.

If I'm only gaining at few hundred points per week at most (and that is when I submit a review) then to lose a thousand or so point in the same time period is a lot - it doesn't take too many weeks of that before I'll end up owing Ciao points... scratch
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Points still dropping   Points still dropping EmptyFri 21 Apr 2006, 21:35

Ciao points are worth nothing. Could be that someone left the site or got booted and their ratings disappeared. Could be a glitch, but as long as the bank account didn't go down, that's far more important.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Points still dropping   Points still dropping EmptySat 22 Apr 2006, 02:06

Well I rated a lot of yours as well and even though Ciao took me back on after in complained to them they have got rid of 890% of my previous reads and comments. So you would have lost a lot of points when i went a couple of weeks ago!
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Points still dropping   Points still dropping EmptySat 22 Apr 2006, 09:19

When Ailran has his reviews put back on site, those points come back. Loads of people lost points when I was booted as well.
Back to top Go down
Louise90

Louise90

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2006-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Points still dropping   Points still dropping EmptySat 22 Apr 2006, 19:59

I've noticed that I've been losing points as well lately.
Back to top Go down
http://167421.aceboard.net
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Points still dropping   Points still dropping EmptySat 22 Apr 2006, 20:03

Its probably stuff you read of Ailrans as well. They will come back.
Back to top Go down
frkurt

frkurt

PostSubject: Re: Points still dropping   Points still dropping EmptyMon 24 Apr 2006, 19:14

This kind of point drop when people left did not happen in the past. This is a new thing.

Considering I can't cash out any money, I don't really care if my money goes up or down. But I do wonder what the point is when points drop, but overall reads don't - can someone explain the logic of retaining the read statistics but not the point statistics?
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

Number of posts : 397
Location : I like it here, but I have a summer home in reality

PostSubject: Re: Points still dropping   Points still dropping EmptyMon 24 Apr 2006, 19:26

It happens when they remove all trace of an ex-member - and this often happens when members have been kicked off - and sometimes members request it.

So if all trace of a member is deleted, so are the associated points.
Back to top Go down
Minnitee

Minnitee

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2006-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Points still dropping   Points still dropping EmptyMon 24 Apr 2006, 21:00

I read and rated quite a few of your reviews and when I left Ciao I requested that my username was completely removed together with my reviews as well as ratings, comments and so on. I am possibly one of the reasons your CP points dropped, not by 1000 but a couple hundred. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Points still dropping   Points still dropping EmptyMon 24 Apr 2006, 21:13

thats a thought. If I leave, loads of people will lose points !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Points still dropping   Points still dropping Empty

Back to top Go down

Points still dropping
Page 1 of 1