www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?

Go down 
+11
Thingywhatsit
kelr101
Paul99ine
Averilla
Minnitee
lisa2062
scream4bruce
Ciao's Favourite Member
susie19
berlioz
koshkha
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? Empty
PostSubject: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? EmptyMon 12 Mar 2007, 14:12

OK, first things first, I am not going to debate what constitues abuse because last time we did that things got pretty bloody.

I have a question:

Has anyone made any abuse reports in the last week or so? If so did you get ANY response from Ciao - i.e. the 'thank you for reporting' email that we all normally ignore, or any action taken?

I was advised by our very knowledgeable 'new members guide-lady' to report my particular example daily until something was done about it. She has likewise been reporting this same member and nothing has been done at all in over a week.

Any one else in a similar position? The conclusion I've drawn is the Ciao don't give a damn any more.
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? EmptyMon 12 Mar 2007, 14:25

I haven't bothered since trying to report one member for vindictive rating twice a long time ago and nothing was done. Personally I have better things to do than waste time reporting one offender time and time again when one report should be enough. If they want to tolerate it, then it's their problem and I'll just stop caring.
Back to top Go down
susie19

susie19

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? EmptyMon 12 Mar 2007, 14:31

If Ciao can't even be bothered to post an announcement on the community page about the problems on the site, what hope is there of getting any sense via an email? It's getting beyond a joke...
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? EmptyMon 12 Mar 2007, 15:17

Given that a Ciao member made a racist statement to the Abuse Team and that Ciao acted upon it, you can imagine my current view of the Ciao Team.

I'm not sure I agree with the daily reporting - if they don't act upon an email once, they're hardly likely to do it if you email 'em 20 times.

If it gets so bad that you feel you can't continue then walk away - there are other sites out there.
Back to top Go down
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? EmptyMon 12 Mar 2007, 15:18

I don't think they send that email anymore.

No action has been taken either from what I reported.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? EmptyMon 12 Mar 2007, 16:06

They've never taken any action when I've reported abuse in the past. So I haven't bothered for a long time as they even ignore members emails. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? EmptyMon 12 Mar 2007, 16:13

I don't even know HOW to send them an email - it seems to be all forms and automation.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? EmptyMon 12 Mar 2007, 16:16

Believe me they wouldn't reply to you, and if they did you'd be so shocked you'd pass out Smile Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
Minnitee

Minnitee

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2006-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? EmptyMon 12 Mar 2007, 16:51

I received a reply in November to an ongoing problem I had (took them only two months to sort out) and I kept the email - it was personal, coherent and made promises they did keep - after a few reminders.
Back to top Go down
Averilla

Averilla

Number of posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? EmptyMon 12 Mar 2007, 17:01

Well I sent several reports about the same member in the early hours today but I did notice that for the first few it didn't come up with the usual messag "Thank you for your E-mail...etc", after a few tries it seemed to work though...I shan't be holding my breath for any response though !!!!
Back to top Go down
Paul99ine

Paul99ine

Number of posts : 3215
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? EmptyMon 12 Mar 2007, 18:20

After sending an email over a week ago about a copied review I checked this morning and the review is still on Ciao.
Definitely of the impression that there's something afoot.
Is it possible that they're letting the site die a natural death to allow them to concentrate on other more lucrative parts of the business?
Does anyone know if it's just Ciao UK that's having problems?
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? EmptyMon 12 Mar 2007, 20:40

Sounds like we should all be careful to cash out regularly and not let our balances build up - not that it's likely at the rate I've been writing recently.

Anyone else finding that it all seems a bit too much bother at the moment?
Back to top Go down
Paul99ine

Paul99ine

Number of posts : 3215

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? EmptyMon 12 Mar 2007, 20:46

Way too much bother....
I read my alerts....chat a wee bit in gb's and that's it!
Shame.....BUT....you never know, things may get back to 'normal'....

cheers Always look on the bright side of life cheers
Back to top Go down
kelr101

kelr101

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2006-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? EmptyTue 13 Mar 2007, 00:13

I actually put at the end of my e-mail to Ciao (regarding all the technical problems) "I don't expect an response to my e-mail and I'm not bothered if I do get one, what I do want is a solution to the problems members have been incurring"

Lo and behold they replied to my e-mail...albeit not as personally as I would have liked - but it certainly wasn't automated.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? EmptyTue 13 Mar 2007, 00:15

They never replied to me and I was trying to give them back some money.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? EmptyTue 13 Mar 2007, 02:42

I've just received four vindictives as my reward for pointing out that a review was copied. So that's a copying abuse report and four VR reports all on one person in one evening.

Do I suppose that Ciao will do anything at all? Do I heck as like.

I am getting SO SICK of this. I would have said that I was unlikely to ever chuck in my lot with Ciao but it's getting clearer by the day that they don't give a damn and they don't even want to enforce their own rules.

Maybe I'll start wearing my SH's as a badge of honour - about half of them are rewards for pointing out other people's abuse.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? EmptyTue 13 Mar 2007, 11:32

kelr101 wrote:
I actually put at the end of my e-mail to Ciao (regarding all the technical problems) "I don't expect an response to my e-mail and I'm not bothered if I do get one, what I do want is a solution to the problems members have been incurring"

Lo and behold they replied to my e-mail...albeit not as personally as I would have liked - but it certainly wasn't automated.

They never replied to me... but I accused them of racism. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? EmptyTue 13 Mar 2007, 13:09

I reported a NH i got as revenge only two weeks ago and that vanished in a couple of days, unlike the other one I've been trying to get rid of for ages, but as that was an SH (accompanied by revenge rating comment) maybe they are less bothered!

Maybe we should get their attention by all of us cashing out and then banding together to fill their review list with absolute *Bad word* in the wrong categories and just nonsense reviews all with the final line saying something like... Ciao sort yourselves out and take notice of what your members are telling you!
Back to top Go down
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? EmptyTue 13 Mar 2007, 21:38

Ailran wrote:
Maybe we should get their attention by all of us cashing out and then banding together to fill their review list with absolute *Bad word* in the wrong categories and just nonsense reviews all with the final line saying something like... Ciao sort yourselves out and take notice of what your members are telling you!

You would sort of think that had been happening. Very Happy

Anyway, just done another abuse report, must have spent too many minutes compiling evidence. I didn't get the reply and seriously, if nothing gets done then I'm with you. We gotta take the power back! Or something...

Wait until I cash in of course. Smile
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? EmptyTue 13 Mar 2007, 23:17

Thingywhatsit wrote:
They never replied to me and I was trying to give them back some money.

I have actually sorted out a system with them for returning any overpayments, send me the money and I will get it back to them for you. The same goes for any other honest members who were overpaid.

They do not describe me as Honest Rich the Car Salesman and MP for nothing. king
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? EmptyFri 16 Mar 2007, 01:13

atticusuk wrote:

They do not describe me as Honest Rich the Car Salesman and MP for nothing. king

Why do you charge for that as well? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Averilla

Averilla

Number of posts : 129

PostSubject: Reply from abuse   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? EmptyFri 16 Mar 2007, 02:03

I have just had a reply from Ciao.....they want times dates and copies of all abusive messages (which I had already sent in the original reports).......and get this....they want me to send a link to the members page...What ??????

And what they haven't noticed is that the member has deleted himself now anyway...my bug bear is that as this member deleted before Ciao abuse got to him it means the member can now return yet again under another assumed name !!
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? EmptyFri 16 Mar 2007, 02:07

They're utterly hopeless.

I'm in the process of sending aother email asking if it's standard policy to act upon racist statements.
Back to top Go down
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? EmptyFri 16 Mar 2007, 03:14

Averilla wrote:
I have just had a reply from Ciao.....they want times dates and copies of all abusive messages (which I had already sent in the original reports).......and get this....they want me to send a link to the members page...What ??????

They asked the same of me once, but still did nothing about it.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? EmptyFri 16 Mar 2007, 03:19

Averilla wrote:

And what they haven't noticed is that the member has deleted himself now anyway...my bug bear is that as this member deleted before Ciao abuse got to him it means the member can now return yet again under another assumed name !!

oh well you have no chance of sending that link then lol!

But out of interest, why are you reporting a deleted member..?? affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? Empty

Back to top Go down

Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next