www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CIAO ABUSE

Go down 
+2
krazykat2005
Thingywhatsit
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

CIAO ABUSE Empty
PostSubject: CIAO ABUSE   CIAO ABUSE EmptySat 06 May 2006, 20:45

I am posting this since many members seem to miss copies of reviews and rate them VH, and also do not seem to notice duplicate accounts. To find out if a review is copied, paste certain paragraphs that do not look in place, or are too professional compared with the other parts of a review. It may not be the first paragraph. Copy into google and do a search and you will be astounded how many are copies. Do you know what to do if you find a copy apart from rating it not helpful ? There is a page off the members page for abuse, and it is longwinded and sometimes people do not bother. You have to have three browsers open at the same time. The original review, where the copy is, and the abuse page, so that you can start putting the information into the form. Ciao make it difficult, but perhaps if more people reported copies, ciao may start to take the offence more seriously.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
krazykat2005

krazykat2005

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2006-04-24

CIAO ABUSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO ABUSE   CIAO ABUSE EmptySat 06 May 2006, 20:48

Do you find some categories attract more copied reviews than others? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

CIAO ABUSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO ABUSE   CIAO ABUSE EmptySat 06 May 2006, 20:50

Yes mobile phones is the biggest hit followed by film, games and washing machines.
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

CIAO ABUSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO ABUSE   CIAO ABUSE EmptySat 06 May 2006, 20:57

Thingywhatsit wrote:
Yes mobile phones is the biggest hit followed by film, games and washing machines.

copied from:
Thingywhatsit wrote:
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

CIAO ABUSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO ABUSE   CIAO ABUSE EmptySat 06 May 2006, 20:58

at least you said who you copied.
Back to top Go down
sugarnspice

sugarnspice

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2006-03-07

CIAO ABUSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO ABUSE   CIAO ABUSE EmptySat 06 May 2006, 21:05

Thingywhatsit wrote:
perhaps if more people reported copies, ciao may start to take the offence more seriously.

I honestly think Ciao have their priorities wrong. For once i'm not being sarcastic, i'm being totally serious.

I know Debbie (sirg) used to do a lot of reporting of copied reviews and Ciao rewarded her with a couple of wrongful suspensions and god knows what else. Yet most of the time the copiers are given a second chance rather than being booted off the site.

You Rachel have reported more than your fair share. Is it just the once they've wrongfully suspended you? How many of the copiers which you reported were suspended or booted immediately?

I reported a ton of copies in my Ciao days too. Sometimes there were 20/30 in a day (remember that day the copiers were posting so fast that we had to work as a team Debbie?) Yet Ciao couldn't even be bothered to answer a simple query from me on the odd occasion I contacted them.

I know there's been reviews which have been reported as copies yet remained on the site for weeks/months (they're probably still there) Yet how many people have had legitimate reviews instantly removed/censored by Ciao?

Do Ciao really want to take copies more seriously? Ciao are harder to understand than women, honest to God. Everything seems backwards, nothing they do is making sense. Maybe it's about time a Ciao employee posted a 'Top ten important things to Ciao staff' in the Cafe area to enlighten everyone.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

CIAO ABUSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO ABUSE   CIAO ABUSE EmptySat 06 May 2006, 21:10

Tempting Erika. I understand exactly where you are coming from and what you are saying about "is it worth it ?" and to me it is. Even if ciao leave the damned reviews on the site, I don't read copiers a second time and they lose respect quickly. I do report copiers and take it very seriously and will continue to do so even if ciao don't respond because if people like you, me and debbie and others that report did not, then those people get away with it. As it is on ciao, at least the ratings put them on the bottom of the pile and they do not get paid, and have mud in their face from members. If we stopped, they would write copy after copy and earn money. At least we stop them earning. We cant do that on dooyoo and I am not sure about how many get removed from there because I have not checked.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

CIAO ABUSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO ABUSE   CIAO ABUSE EmptySat 06 May 2006, 21:21

Actually I have proof that dooyoo do try and take the time to look whereas on ciao I am not sure. Dooyoo said that one I had said was a copy wasn't and asked for clarification which I did, and is now removed, but at least they tried to check it.
Back to top Go down
krazykat2005

krazykat2005

CIAO ABUSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO ABUSE   CIAO ABUSE EmptySat 06 May 2006, 21:22

Let me get this straight. They kick people off for reporting copied reviews??? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

CIAO ABUSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO ABUSE   CIAO ABUSE EmptySat 06 May 2006, 21:25

They kick people off for all manner of things, and yet I have never known a member kicked off for reporting copiers. I was kicked off recently for telling people in their private guestbooks about this site, which was made for ciao and dooyoo members, and had already asked ciao when a load of fuss came up about leaving links to sites whether I was permitted to do it in private guestbooks and had their authorisation. Debbie was booted for advertising interviews that ciao wanted doing. Erika was booted for telling the truth about a company, and there are many instances which are questionable.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

CIAO ABUSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO ABUSE   CIAO ABUSE EmptySat 06 May 2006, 21:29

That's the first time I have seen that debs. That surprised me. I thought it was just the advertising in about me, and the link you sent to another member.
Back to top Go down
krazykat2005

krazykat2005

CIAO ABUSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO ABUSE   CIAO ABUSE EmptySat 06 May 2006, 21:31

How awful! No
Back to top Go down
sugarnspice

sugarnspice

CIAO ABUSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO ABUSE   CIAO ABUSE EmptySat 06 May 2006, 21:33

sirg0508 wrote:
Ciao kicked me off for having a negative outlook on the site - they told me that wasn't welcome and told me I wasn't allowed to return. Their actual words:

Quote :
We consider your involvement in the site and the various accusations you have sent regarding Ciao to be a negative and wholely unwanted influence on Ciao. We thank you to refrain from opening anymore accounts on our site.

Hey that's practically the same as what they told me. Their words to me:

Quote :
On the whole we consider your involvement in Ciao to be negative

and:

Quote :
We will not be reinstating your account Ciao, please respect this decision by not attempting to open any further accounts on our site.

It's like a rehash of the same email. Ciao are the copiers Laughing
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

CIAO ABUSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO ABUSE   CIAO ABUSE EmptySat 06 May 2006, 21:39

I don't get standard replies. I get "Dear Rachel, have a wonderful weekend !"
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

CIAO ABUSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO ABUSE   CIAO ABUSE EmptySat 06 May 2006, 21:44

We know this !!! Yes, I email if things that are reported are not dealt with, if I have concerns about the way people are treated, if I have feedback from this site about what members feel could be changed. Only by getting involved and caring enough to mail them can we take part in any changes that take place. I am reserving my judgement at the moment but at least whilst I report and rate honestly, copiers are not paid.
Back to top Go down
Minnitee

Minnitee

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2006-03-23

CIAO ABUSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO ABUSE   CIAO ABUSE EmptySat 06 May 2006, 23:00

I reported a huge number of copied reviews and loads of them are still on Ciao today. Nothing has been done and I don't think they ever will do anything about it. By the end of my membership I just couldn't be bothered anymore and didn't report copied reviews.

This is part of what Ciao told me when I repleatedly enquired why a member (and the plagiarised reviews) were not dealt with and why the member was allowed to remain on the site. Of course the member is in receipt of a number of the illusive diamonds now for reviews that are not informative at all but at least they are long lists.

Quote :
What I am not in agreement with is having members like yourself leave such antagonistic and critical comments on this member's reviews. This bullying element is wholely unnecessary and negative element in the community. The reviews have not been offensive but your comments have been heavy handed and overbearing.

I only mentioned that the reviews contained either copied content or were completely without a shred of personal opinion and/or experience.

or

Quote :
If a more relaxed approach is not to your liking then perhaps the Ciao Community is not what you should be involved in.

The fact that it took them less than 90 minutes to comply with my instructions to delete my account, reviews and all comments shows that they were waiting for a reason to get rid of me. I was doing them a favour by leaving myself as they couldn't find a good enough reason to kick me off - which I'm sure they would have done if they could have found something on me. But I was careful enough to sail just under their radar until I had enough.
Back to top Go down
Minnitee

Minnitee

CIAO ABUSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO ABUSE   CIAO ABUSE EmptySat 06 May 2006, 23:03

BTW, being called a negative influence on the community seems to be their standard excuse for members who stand up and tell the truth or in any way make themselves known by reporting abuse. They don't like the truth, they like fluffy and quiet and calm and useless to anyone.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

CIAO ABUSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO ABUSE   CIAO ABUSE EmptySun 07 May 2006, 00:05

Quote :
BTW, being called a negative influence on the community seems to be their standard excuse for members who stand up and tell the truth or in any way make themselves known by reporting abuse. They don't like the truth, they like fluffy and quiet and calm and useless to anyone.

Oi !!! I am fluffy quiet and calm and useless to anyone!!! but I still report abuse.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

CIAO ABUSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO ABUSE   CIAO ABUSE EmptySun 07 May 2006, 00:13

go on Erika agree with me. I can see you bursting at the seams.
Back to top Go down
sugarnspice

sugarnspice

CIAO ABUSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO ABUSE   CIAO ABUSE EmptySun 07 May 2006, 00:20

Thingywhatsit wrote:
go on Erika agree with me. I can see you bursting at the seams.

Bloody hell I never had you down as a mind reader Shocked (I was actually contemplating making some kinda remark but I held myself back Razz )
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

CIAO ABUSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO ABUSE   CIAO ABUSE EmptySun 07 May 2006, 00:21

yeh but I knew you'd be back !! You forget you and I have known each other a very long time. LOL !!
Back to top Go down
Minnitee

Minnitee

CIAO ABUSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO ABUSE   CIAO ABUSE EmptySun 07 May 2006, 00:50

Thingywhatsit wrote:

Oi !!! I am fluffy quiet and calm and useless to anyone!!! but I still report abuse.

you sure you're all those? You may be fluffy, quiet and calm but I doubt the last statement is really you clown You must have your uses, you can't be totally useless, only Ciao and their premium fund are.
Back to top Go down
plipplop

plipplop

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2006-04-25

CIAO ABUSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO ABUSE   CIAO ABUSE EmptySun 07 May 2006, 01:32

sirg0508 wrote:

If they want people to look at the site positively they should give members a reason to. I hadn't even written on the site since December (received that e-mail in Feb) and had no plans to.

Is it not more the case that they got fed up with you posting one "All About Me" after another advising of your plan to report them to Trading Standards (or whatever it was) about breaching their own rules for the competition? I seem to remember that was an ongoing campaign for some time on your account? I think they probably thought that was quite negative too! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CIAO ABUSE Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO ABUSE   CIAO ABUSE Empty

Back to top Go down

CIAO ABUSE
Page 1 of 1