www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?

Go down 
+11
Thingywhatsit
kelr101
Paul99ine
Averilla
Minnitee
lisa2062
scream4bruce
Ciao's Favourite Member
susie19
berlioz
koshkha
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2006-02-28

Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Mar 2007, 12:42

helencbradshaw wrote:
Averilla wrote:
I have just had a reply from Ciao.....they want times dates and copies of all abusive messages (which I had already sent in the original reports).......and get this....they want me to send a link to the members page...What ??????

And what they haven't noticed is that the member has deleted himself now anyway...my bug bear is that as this member deleted before Ciao abuse got to him it means the member can now return yet again under another assumed name !!

oh well you have no chance of sending that link then lol!

But out of interest, why are you reporting a deleted member..?? affraid

lol! that's a comment from someone who doesnt have a clue as to who Av is on about!
(assuming that my guess is correct anyway!)
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Mar 2007, 14:37

Well it took 11 days but the finally acted on the first of my revengers. The second got away with it this time but his copied review has been deleted.

11 days - what kind of message does that give?
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Mar 2007, 15:17

"If we do this, will you finally stop bugging us!"
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Mar 2007, 15:22

Yeah, that could be it.
Back to top Go down
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Mar 2007, 16:16

There is hope...
Back to top Go down
Vax

Vax

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2006-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Mar 2007, 02:51

A similar thing happened to me regarding Ciao reports. They wanted to know the exact link as they couldnt be bothered to read where the review had been copied from as it appeared in an RSS feed type website. I sent a truthful email back to them regarding the copied review and HOW they could find it as I had originally stated in the link provided on Ciao.

Strangely enough I have also recently found a few reviews copied by a newbie and was removed straight away - although this could well have been the member themselves rather than Ciao's doing - certainly no email from Ciao to confirm the initial abuse email I had sent had been received.

I guess like most things its yet another gremlin waiting to be sorted out.

Thank Crunchie Im no longer a member. Of course Ill miss the members but then most of you are here if not on Dooyoo and Helium also...
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Mar 2007, 13:32

Ciao finally wrote and asked me where the review I'd reported was copied from - they sent the message the day AFTER they removed the review. So I guess I'll never know if they removed it for being copied or responded to the writer's request to remove it so he could get back all the points he'd lost on OT and NH ratings.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Mar 2007, 15:03

I've said it before and I'll sy it again, Ciao are idiots.

Too much time is spent chasing petty reports by members and acting upon them in a half-assed fashion rather than dealing with the important stuff. This results in the Ciao Abuse system being incredibly contradictory where one member may well be targetted for something stupid such as advertising in their about me while hundreds of similar examples go "unpunished". At the same time, the personal attacks etc. take so long to be acted upon, by the time Ciao gets around to pulling its finger out of its ass, the damage is already done.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Mar 2007, 19:13

I can't help thinking a reminder of the terms and conditions wouldn't go amiss once in a while.
My online bank has a system where when you log on they can bring up a screen with anything new or important before you go into your account.
If Ciao were able to do something similar - a reminder of one or two rules each week perhaps - people would have less excuse for breaking them.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Mar 2007, 19:20

I think Ciao themselves need reminded of them from time to time, too.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Mar 2007, 13:34

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:
I think Ciao themselves need reminded of them from time to time, too.

That's SO true!
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Mar 2007, 22:42

You know that is a really great idea, and it isn't just newer members that need "reminding" of the rules either...
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?   Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Abuse reports - has anyone seen any action recently?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2