www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jared - is this sort of thing OK with you and dooyoo?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

Jared - is this sort of thing OK with you and dooyoo? Empty
PostSubject: Jared - is this sort of thing OK with you and dooyoo?   Jared - is this sort of thing OK with you and dooyoo? EmptyTue 15 May 2007, 21:51

Hello
I just got this message in my dooyoo mail box

"Dear Koshkha
I am working on an english language textbook for use in schools being published by Nelson Thornes UK. They want to show the students an article for and against wearing fur, the idea is for the students to comment and make up their own minds at the end of it. Our author has chosen four from this website to use, names have been made fictional but one of the extracts is a couple of paragraphs from your review. I am writing to ask if you have any objections to us using your extract in our textbook. I can happily email you the manuscript pages so that you can see what i mean. My email address is jackie.newman2@btopenworld.com
I look forward to hearing from you
regards
jackie"

Just wanted to check whether anyone on the site - esp. Jared - would know if there's any problem about them doing this. Sounds OK to me but does dooyoo have any policy that would bar it or would dooyoo want to possibly have a quiet word with this lady about what she and her company are doing?

(note to Thingy - please don't bar this one for referring to a particular review because I do want to know what to do about this and I want to give Jared a chance to comment)
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Jared - is this sort of thing OK with you and dooyoo?   Jared - is this sort of thing OK with you and dooyoo? EmptyWed 16 May 2007, 00:23

If it is genuine, it sounds ok to me. (presuming you are happy to be in print..)

Which magazine approached me last year, following a review as they wanted to put it in their magazine one month. I never thought to ask permission, (the article didnt mention Dooyoo in any event and was quite brief)
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Jared

Jared

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2007-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Jared - is this sort of thing OK with you and dooyoo?   Jared - is this sort of thing OK with you and dooyoo? EmptyWed 16 May 2007, 10:43

I think it'll be fine but I've passed this along to one of the underlords of dooyoo. Since the content you post on the site is still legally your own, I'm pretty sure there won't be a problem at all.
-jared
Back to top Go down
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Jared - is this sort of thing OK with you and dooyoo?   Jared - is this sort of thing OK with you and dooyoo? EmptyWed 16 May 2007, 23:07

OK, if you could shout by Monday if there's a problem then I'll let her know. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Jared

Jared

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2007-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Jared - is this sort of thing OK with you and dooyoo?   Jared - is this sort of thing OK with you and dooyoo? EmptyFri 18 May 2007, 11:03

Oh man, I totally thought I posted about this. We're totally cool with it.
Your writing is legally your own and the only extra bit is you give dooyoo permission to post it. So go to town. In fact, we're actually pretty happy for you. We love it when people outside of our community appreciate our writers/members.
-jared
Back to top Go down
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jared - is this sort of thing OK with you and dooyoo?   Jared - is this sort of thing OK with you and dooyoo? Empty

Back to top Go down

Jared - is this sort of thing OK with you and dooyoo?
Page 1 of 1