www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Violent Game Banned

Go down 
+7
helencbradshaw
Ziggy!
Stunt_101
spoilt_little_brat
fizzywizzy
Mauri
butters
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

Violent Game Banned - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Violent Game Banned   Violent Game Banned - Page 3 EmptyWed 27 Jun 2007, 20:11

I know I'm veering away from games here but I think it does go with the point.

Was it not Chuckie that was supposed to have prompted the Jamie Bulger murder? If it was, that was not realistic, it was the suggestion more than the effect that would have put that into the mind of those boys.

(btw, I could be WAY off on that, I only THINK I remember the two things being linked)

Also, you are talking about realisticness and at the same time kids (lets face it, they WILL get their hands on th games). Those are two things that do not always go hand in hand.
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

Number of posts : 975
Registration date : 2006-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Violent Game Banned   Violent Game Banned - Page 3 EmptySat 30 Jun 2007, 01:57

I do agree with you to a certain extent, i think now that people will be affected by violence even with poor animations etc. though i still think that graphics, adding to the realism would make people get the ideas. Sure, they can get the ideas from any game, though i think that if you see something realisticly you can put it into your head and know what the murder etc. will be like.
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2006-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Violent Game Banned   Violent Game Banned - Page 3 EmptySat 30 Jun 2007, 10:59

The kids must be demented to copy moves of a videogame!

P.S. i have played the original Manhunt and i must say it's pretty gruesome. You can beat someone down and then whack their heads clean off like you're smacking a golf ball out of a holder. Also, it seems to drop the F bomb a lot. Oh and now i've got the word Retard stuck in my head. Plus, when was looking through the manual there was a mutated pig thing with a weapon.
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

PostSubject: Re: Violent Game Banned   Violent Game Banned - Page 3 EmptySat 30 Jun 2007, 18:34

Stunt_101 wrote:

P.S. i have played the original Manhunt and i must say it's pretty gruesome. You can beat someone down and then whack their heads clean off like you're smacking a golf ball out of a holder. Also, it seems to drop the F bomb a lot. Oh and now i've got the word Retard stuck in my head. Plus, when was looking through the manual there was a mutated pig thing with a weapon.

I don't own it (yet) but ended up borrowing it off of a friend. Did you play it with a PS2 headset? Adds to the 'fun' to say the least. It is violent but still enjoyable. I have the word retard stuck in my head but thats from obsessive bragging about my score on the impossible quiz, not to do with the game Razz

You didn't say whether you liked it though, did you?
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

PostSubject: Re: Violent Game Banned   Violent Game Banned - Page 3 EmptySat 30 Jun 2007, 19:32

butters wrote:
You didn't say whether you liked it though, did you?

I didn't did I? Well i find it good fun. The stealth is very good and the shooting is mindless fun as well. How does a headset change things then?
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

PostSubject: Re: Violent Game Banned   Violent Game Banned - Page 3 EmptySat 30 Jun 2007, 20:01

Headset makes it worse. (Yet better). You can use your voice to put-off enemies (so don't cough) and can hear breathing etc.

I love Pigsy. Nude except for the pig head Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

PostSubject: Re: Violent Game Banned   Violent Game Banned - Page 3 EmptySat 30 Jun 2007, 20:13

Sounds a bit clunky, i mean you can't cough or breath? Have you finished the game?
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

PostSubject: Re: Violent Game Banned   Violent Game Banned - Page 3 EmptySat 30 Jun 2007, 22:10

Nope. Its really good though. It makes stealth more realistic. No noice Very Happy Gets you involved.
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

PostSubject: Re: Violent Game Banned   Violent Game Banned - Page 3 EmptySat 30 Jun 2007, 22:16

Plus the visuals are excellent, it looks like a Snuff film.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Violent Game Banned   Violent Game Banned - Page 3 EmptySat 14 Jul 2007, 20:00

Stunt_101 wrote:

Therein lies the crunch. It's not the games' fault per se that's the cause of the trouble, but rather that these people are *Bad word* in the head to begin with - dodgy wiring, abuse in younger years, drugged up to the danglies, whatever.

Every time something like this happens - the Bulger case, a couple of mass shootings in America etc. the finger is always pointed at popular culture: video games, certain genres of films/music and even getting down to specific artists (Marilyn Manson springs to mind). Every time this happens, psychologists and psychiatrists have always (eventually) reported that popular culture is not the reason for these atrocities and that, if these things can be blamed at all, then they're only a very small piece of the puzzle that led the people to commit the atrocities.

If you're going to ban a game, ban it for being in poor taste, not because there's some urban legend floating around that video games are bad. (M'kay?)

Last edited by on Sun 15 Jul 2007, 16:25; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

PostSubject: Re: Violent Game Banned   Violent Game Banned - Page 3 EmptySat 14 Jul 2007, 21:24

Well said
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Violent Game Banned   Violent Game Banned - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Jul 2007, 16:23

Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

PostSubject: Re: Violent Game Banned   Violent Game Banned - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Jul 2007, 16:33

I wonder what controversary there will be when GTA IV is released.
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

PostSubject: Re: Violent Game Banned   Violent Game Banned - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Jul 2007, 22:13

Meh, unless theres Hot Coffee 2 it will be the usual. Something major will only be made of it if Jack Thompson goes very public, otherwise it'll just be him wanting to ban it but hopefully failing. The controversy will come if it's banned
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

PostSubject: Re: Violent Game Banned   Violent Game Banned - Page 3 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2007, 17:58

If it is banned i could imagine riots.
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

PostSubject: Re: Violent Game Banned   Violent Game Banned - Page 3 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2007, 19:01

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/news/news4.shtml

This makes me sick, not to sound mean but the parentys excuse that it was the games fault really makes me think she is thick. Games don't turn people evil, it just gives ideas and this kid cannot have had a normal life to do something like this. Blaming the games it the easy way out and a way to diminish her responsibility.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Violent Game Banned   Violent Game Banned - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Violent Game Banned
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3