www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A New Wind in Dooyoo...

Go down 
+5
kenjohn
koshkha
Ciao's Favourite Member
atticusuk
Vax
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Vax

Vax

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2006-03-04

A New Wind in Dooyoo... Empty
PostSubject: A New Wind in Dooyoo...   A New Wind in Dooyoo... EmptySat 19 Jan 2008, 22:10

There's a new wind rushing into Dooyoo and its leaving a bad smell up my nostrils!

Recently I've stumbled across many members where they think copying out the whole blog on the back of a product justifies their experience as a review and then add in little else to substantiate their statements of belief.

Ive also been called picky because I should have looked at the picture of a product (Dooyoo's picture is too small) to realise what it looks like, not look out for a description to read in a review which should be in place amidst all the marketing speak which has been copied. Does the member concerned want to update their review? Surprisingly the answer is no.

Anyone else notice examples of poor quality in recent Dooyoo reviews or do I need new glasses?
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: A New Wind in Dooyoo...   A New Wind in Dooyoo... EmptySat 19 Jan 2008, 22:45

Nope such reviews are rife but then that is to be expected with the new rewards system. I have already done a couple of reports today for reviews where the person clearly does not own or used the product and another for posting the same review twice.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: A New Wind in Dooyoo...   A New Wind in Dooyoo... EmptySat 19 Jan 2008, 22:52

I don't think it's a new wind. There have always been reviews that tell us the whats, but never touch the whys and hows etc.

The new churners have just made it a lot more frequent in recent times though.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: A New Wind in Dooyoo...   A New Wind in Dooyoo... EmptySun 20 Jan 2008, 14:01

I agree that it's been around for a long time. I also dislike track by track CD listings - can't really see the talent and opinion in some of those.
Back to top Go down
Vax

Vax

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2006-03-04

PostSubject: Re: A New Wind in Dooyoo...   A New Wind in Dooyoo... EmptyThu 27 Mar 2008, 13:21

Should a review be nominated on the basis that whilst it has loads of good information, poor spelling and poor grammar are more evident?
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: A New Wind in Dooyoo...   A New Wind in Dooyoo... EmptyThu 27 Mar 2008, 15:10

Vax wrote:
Should a review be nominated on the basis that whilst it has loads of good information, poor spelling and poor grammar are more evident?

Nope. It's the main reason a certain member's reviews (who shall remain nameless) never got Crown nominations when I was a Guide in either SC or Sports. I've tried my utmost to tell them it's a relatively easy problem to fix (spell and grammar check in Word) but they don't appear to be capable of taking the advice on board.
Back to top Go down
CareBear

CareBear

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: A New Wind in Dooyoo...   A New Wind in Dooyoo... EmptyFri 28 Mar 2008, 00:01

I also think that there are a lot of reviews being cross-posted from Ciao where the predominant style (atm) seems to be factual histories with little or no opinion. They look good - to skimmers they're most definitely VU but if you read then you're not getting any more than you'd get from an Argos catalogue

[gross generalisation before anyone takes offence]
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: A New Wind in Dooyoo...   A New Wind in Dooyoo... EmptyFri 28 Mar 2008, 00:02

Offence at the Argos catalogue or at cross posting garbage...? Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: A New Wind in Dooyoo...   A New Wind in Dooyoo... EmptyFri 28 Mar 2008, 10:10

helencbradshaw wrote:
Offence at the Argos catalogue or at cross posting garbage...? Razz Razz
Perhaps both.
Back to top Go down
finchy

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: A New Wind in Dooyoo...   A New Wind in Dooyoo... EmptyTue 21 Jul 2009, 18:38

Dooyoo are tumbling back to their bad old days, panedering to the same old bullying guides...That bad smell has a name and he needs his wings clipping.
Back to top Go down
finchy

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Re: A New Wind in Dooyoo...   A New Wind in Dooyoo... EmptyThu 17 Sep 2009, 16:18

any body here?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Wind in Dooyoo...   A New Wind in Dooyoo... Empty

Back to top Go down

A New Wind in Dooyoo...
Page 1 of 1