www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.

Go down 
+15
atticusuk
duskmaiden
koshkha
spoilt_little_brat
lisa2062
kelr101
Silverblue
sam1942
berlioz
Essexgirl
marandina
liz1102
helencbradshaw
mattygroves
Thingywhatsit
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. Empty
PostSubject: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. EmptyFri 24 Nov 2006, 19:05

One of the guides has approached me to ask how I thought a dooyoo meet would go down. I think its a good idea, and would go out of my way to meet other dooyoo users. What do you think of the prospect and what meeting place would suit you best.

For me, anything near London I think would be best because I can get a plane pretty easily and quickly.

Last edited by on Fri 12 Jan 2007, 02:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
mattygroves

mattygroves

Number of posts : 397
Location : I like it here, but I have a summer home in reality
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. EmptyFri 24 Nov 2006, 20:02

Hey folks.

There is already a Dooyoo meet in the pipeline (organised on 'tother side) for Belfast at the end of February or beginning of March. If you're interested in that one, contact The Duke.

Of course, the more meets the better, and there's no reason not to do a London meet as well, but you just may want to take the Belfast meet into account (and indeed, even go to it) when planning the dates for a Londonish one.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. EmptyFri 24 Nov 2006, 21:26

Duncan (torr) is doing a Kentish Meet, early Jan, I think..
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
liz1102

liz1102

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2006-10-09

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. EmptyFri 24 Nov 2006, 21:39

Isn't Duncan's more for the Ciao side, though I suppose there is a lot of overlap between the two

I would be interested in a meet someday, but am limited in finance and travel methods. London would be good, or any other major city with MegaBus stops!
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. EmptyFri 24 Nov 2006, 21:45

well I don't think it matters really - for some reason people always say Ciao Meet, when most of the time the members write on both, certainly the case with the ones I have attended.. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
marandina

marandina

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. EmptySat 25 Nov 2006, 15:29

I'd be happy to have a drinky poo with fellow writers in the Norfamton/Milton Keynes area if anyone decides to do one again. I attended a Chow/dooyoo meet a few years ago in MK and had a great time. Londinium's too much hassle and Belfast is far to close to Art for comfort. Shocked

Of course, if berlioz pays for my plane fair and accomodation, I'd be happy to travel to Finland for a meet (only to see the Northern Lights really, though)
Back to top Go down
http://www.casheroonie.com
Essexgirl

Essexgirl

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2006-11-10

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. EmptySat 25 Nov 2006, 16:28

I would be interested (even tho' I'm fairly new on Dooyoo, there is alot of overlap from Ciao) - London gets my vote
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. EmptySat 25 Nov 2006, 18:24

marandina wrote:
Of course, if berlioz pays for my plane fair and accomodation, I'd be happy to travel to Finland for a meet (only to see the Northern Lights really, though)

Well I'm still waiting for somebody to pay my tickets to get to one of those so-oft mentioned Ciao meets!
Back to top Go down
sam1942

sam1942

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2006-04-13

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. EmptySat 25 Nov 2006, 18:42

Hello there, yes Rachel, a good idea. I would prefer London, but I'm along the south coast, staring at the Channel so anything further than Watford is going to be too far for me... Sad(
Back to top Go down
sam1942

sam1942

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. EmptySat 25 Nov 2006, 18:45

I should think to get Christmas out of the way, if we do a London meet, it will possibly be for around Easter time when there are a couple of bank holidays so that everyone's got some time to get together without work interferring!
Back to top Go down
marandina

marandina

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. EmptySat 25 Nov 2006, 20:01

berlioz wrote:
marandina wrote:

Well I'm still waiting for somebody to pay my tickets to get to one of those so-oft mentioned Ciao meets!

Make that plane "fare" Embarassed

Rachel has a slush fund for members living in Europe. It's her proceeds from organised crime so if you'd care to PM her I'm sure she'd get the money for your tickets. Wink
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. EmptySat 25 Nov 2006, 20:25

Can you pay air fares with amazon vouchers ?
Back to top Go down
marandina

marandina

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. EmptySat 25 Nov 2006, 20:33

With Ryan Air you can Laughing

I'm not so sure about Air Suomi!
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. EmptySat 25 Nov 2006, 20:35

Ryanair would take luncheon vouchers.
Back to top Go down
sam1942

sam1942

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. EmptySat 25 Nov 2006, 21:00

Hey, I'm staying put! I want London! (stamps feet)
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. EmptySat 25 Nov 2006, 21:00

Yep me too. There is a real possibility I could make it for a London meet.
Back to top Go down
Silverblue

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. EmptySun 26 Nov 2006, 13:43

Sounds great to me - London gets my vote as well, will certainly consider coming if I'm in England that time (will certainly be travelling between Germany and England up to next summer :-( )
Back to top Go down
sam1942

sam1942

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. EmptySun 26 Nov 2006, 21:41

sirg0508 wrote:
I can't do Easter (got Scotland meet on - not for Dooyoo). But might be able to do another time.

D Smile

Can you come up with something fairly close to Easter then? sunny
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. EmptySun 26 Nov 2006, 23:09

Squared it up with hubby and its ok for me to come to the UK any time around the easter period, so could be before or after. Work won't mind either as long as I give them advance warning.
Back to top Go down
sam1942

sam1942

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. EmptyMon 27 Nov 2006, 16:06

Thingywhatsit wrote:
Squared it up with hubby and its ok for me to come to the UK any time around the easter period, so could be before or after. Work won't mind either as long as I give them advance warning.

Blimey! We don't want it to be any hassle for you. I keep forgetting you're not with us in that sense! x
Back to top Go down
sam1942

sam1942

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. EmptyMon 27 Nov 2006, 16:07

sirg0508 wrote:
sam1942 wrote:
sirg0508 wrote:
I can't do Easter (got Scotland meet on - not for Dooyoo). But might be able to do another time.

D Smile

Can you come up with something fairly close to Easter then? sunny

We've not settled on dates yet so i'll try and work around them Very Happy

D Smile

That's cool x
Back to top Go down
sam1942

sam1942

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. EmptyWed 29 Nov 2006, 23:30

I'm thinking guys that I'm getting a few resposes about a meet in London but I think ideally we should go for somewhere on the outskirts simply for good access and parking. Any thoughts anyone?

We should come up with a date soon as some people need to start thinking abour arranging to get here... whats the vote so far?
Back to top Go down
marandina

marandina

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. EmptyWed 29 Nov 2006, 23:37

sam1942 wrote:
I'm thinking guys that I'm getting a few resposes about a meet in London but I think ideally we should go for somewhere on the outskirts simply for good access and parking. Any thoughts anyone?

We should come up with a date soon as some people need to start thinking abour arranging to get here... whats the vote so far?

Outskirts of London? How about Milton Keynes? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. EmptyThu 30 Nov 2006, 21:32

Oh come on Mara be fair. I have to travel all the way from France, and London would be ok, but it would be too much to have to travel much further.
Back to top Go down
sam1942

sam1942

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. EmptyThu 30 Nov 2006, 22:23

marandina wrote:
sam1942 wrote:

Outskirts of London? How about Milton Keynes? Very Happy

Oh do behave!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. Empty

Back to top Go down

SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next