www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Have you read a bad book lately?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2006-03-01

Have you read a bad book lately? Empty
PostSubject: Have you read a bad book lately?   Have you read a bad book lately? EmptyFri 02 Jun 2006, 11:00

Rachel started a good thread about what good books you have read but what about the ones that let you down?

I would start with Dean Koontz's "False Memory" and Roger Zelazny's "Lord of Light". The first is an average thriller at best with poorly realised characters whereas the second is heavy on prose and sparse on action. Particularly disapointing as it is part of the generally excellent Sci-fi masterworks collection.

Last edited by on Fri 02 Jun 2006, 13:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Have you read a bad book lately?   Have you read a bad book lately? EmptyFri 02 Jun 2006, 11:16

Goal!

The book of the movie.

I bought it in the airport on the way to America and read it after three hours. It could have been condensed into a Readers Digets story. Poor quality and little detail.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
mattygroves

mattygroves

Number of posts : 397
Location : I like it here, but I have a summer home in reality

PostSubject: Re: Have you read a bad book lately?   Have you read a bad book lately? EmptyFri 02 Jun 2006, 12:20

Stephen King's Cell. It's like he had the idea "what if mobile phones zapped your brains" but didn't really think the idea through.
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532

PostSubject: Re: Have you read a bad book lately?   Have you read a bad book lately? EmptyFri 02 Jun 2006, 12:24

Homer's Odyssey. Okay, maybe it wasn't as bad as Walter Scott's Rob Roy, but it was still a bit meh... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
silver40

silver40

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2006-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Have you read a bad book lately?   Have you read a bad book lately? EmptyFri 30 Jun 2006, 01:11

I thought The Da Vinci Code was the worst written book although the plot had promise. I panned it study No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you read a bad book lately?   Have you read a bad book lately? Empty

Back to top Go down

Have you read a bad book lately?
Page 1 of 1