www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SPEAKERS CORNER.

Go down 
+7
steerpyke
crispy
atticusuk
aoife74
kelr101
dididave
Thingywhatsit
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

SPEAKERS CORNER
The same as consumer reviews ?
SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 Vote_lcap31%SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 31% [ 5 ]
With a different rating guideline ?
SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 7 ]
No rating but ability to leave comment ?
SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Other, please mention
SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Abolish speakers corner ?
SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPEAKERS CORNER.   SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Jul 2006, 12:10

I believe that the guides report, but that dooyoo have the final decision, but no doubt a guide can advise.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: SPEAKERS CORNER.   SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Jul 2006, 13:12

butters wrote:
steerpyke wrote:
Speakers Corner could be really interesting, but too many people are content to copy a couple of lines from The Sun which basically amounts to "the world isnt fair, but I can't be bothered to look into why?" and thinks that they have covered a debate. On Ciao you wouldnt be paid for such a review as the Cafe is unpaid but on dooyoo I really would expect more.

I agree, it could be interesting but some people do half-arsed reviews there. One on opinions isn't bad but Top Ten.... are boring-unless there are some different poeple in there etc and i only read them if they are in my COF. To be honest though-what could you change the writing system too?

I disagree. Good writing is good writing and a skilled writer can take a subject that you may not otherwise be interested in a make it, witty, entertaining, informative and interesting. Whilst the themes have a large impact on the type of writing even top ten topics can be made into an interesting read. I enjoy the speakers Corner stuff as it gives me a chance to write purely from my own mind rather than tailor my writing to a specific product.

If you just answer these discussion points with brief personal answers then the piece becomes a bit boring to the reader, but the art is to make the piece wider and make people think about their own views. Expand on the subject, if you are doing a top ten on music for example, say why the music/band makes your list but also explain how this music has affected your life and what it represents to you. Even the famous "whats in my bag" can be made interesting if you explain the history of the items you find within. I'm sure there's some interestiing stories behind some of those items.

Unfortunatly there has been a glut of poor postings, especially with the fairly unnessecary football postings which seemed to consist of sour graps and half baked theories which basically said "manager x" is rubbish" and "team Z will win" only to be contridicted in the writers next post because their theory crashed and burned.

To say get rid of the category because the writing is not up to scratch is like saying ban cricket because the team isnt playing well. The problem is not the category is it? Its the standard of writing and thats down to the poster.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: SPEAKERS CORNER.   SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Jul 2006, 13:23

I enjoy reading them, but agree that the rating system for such reviews needs to be altered. I do however feel, that for some reviewers it's just a place to churn out endless 5 line reviews just to get the reads. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
steerpyke

steerpyke

PostSubject: Re: SPEAKERS CORNER.   SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Jul 2006, 13:42

lisa2062 wrote:
I enjoy reading them, but agree that the rating system for such reviews needs to be altered. I do however feel, that for some reviewers it's just a place to churn out endless 5 line reviews just to get the reads. Lisa x

What if the word limit was raised, maybe to 250 words. that would make people have to really get into a subjet and do away with the "I think tax is wrong" type reviews and encourage more indepth writing. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: SPEAKERS CORNER.   SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Jul 2006, 13:54

Perhaps it could be suggested.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: SPEAKERS CORNER.   SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Jul 2006, 14:09

A word limit may work for some people, but others would then just waffle on and keep repeating themselves. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: SPEAKERS CORNER.   SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Jul 2006, 14:57

But at least they would have to work harder for their 3p read LOL
Back to top Go down
aoife74

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2006-05-24

PostSubject: Re: SPEAKERS CORNER.   SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Jul 2006, 21:13

Can they not take off the 3p per read & have 3p per U & VU? It would have more sense.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: SPEAKERS CORNER.   SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Jul 2006, 21:16

People went over this on the last forum. The amount of cost it takes to run an abuse system would be excessive, so dooyoo chose to do things the way they do, but those NU reviews are unlikely to get crowns so do earn less.
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

Number of posts : 975
Registration date : 2006-03-26

PostSubject: Re: SPEAKERS CORNER.   SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Jul 2006, 21:19

Thingywhatsit wrote:
People went over this on the last forum. The amount of cost it takes to run an abuse system would be excessive, so dooyoo chose to do things the way they do, but those NU reviews are unlikely to get crowns so do earn less.

Yes but there are thousands of reviews that get VU and very little of them get crowns so it doesn't pay off overall much of the time
Back to top Go down
aoife74

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2006-05-24

PostSubject: Re: SPEAKERS CORNER.   SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Jul 2006, 21:54

butters wrote:
Yes but there are thousands of reviews that get VU and very little of them get crowns so it doesn't pay off overall much of the time
I completely agree.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: SPEAKERS CORNER.   SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Jul 2006, 21:54

Thingywhatsit wrote:
but those NU reviews are unlikely to get crowns so do earn less.

In Speakers Corner the crowns do not earn miles they are merely a nice to have form of recognition.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: SPEAKERS CORNER.   SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 EmptyMon 17 Jul 2006, 22:05

I was not aware of that. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

PostSubject: Re: SPEAKERS CORNER.   SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2006, 00:20

Does speakers corner in general get paid? I dont write ther often because iforgot. If it is, if payment stopped i think less people would write those awful 'Top Tens'
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: SPEAKERS CORNER.   SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2006, 10:38

You get paid 3p per read just like every other category it is just the crowns that do not earn any miles.
Back to top Go down
kelr101

kelr101

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2006-03-06

PostSubject: Re: SPEAKERS CORNER.   SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2006, 14:19

If your still paid 3p a mile for those atrocious speakers corners reviews then Dooyoo seriously need to sort themselves out.

Most of these reviews are complete and utter crap. One member who writes in speakers corner reguarly must have made a fortune (dooyoo speaking) by writing such drivel!!!!! I mean recipies that are copied from books, jokes that are copied from the internet, favourite superhero????

Complete bollox if you ask me
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

PostSubject: Re: SPEAKERS CORNER.   SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2006, 14:21

I konw-but recipes can be useful though. Most of them are utter crao though so i think if its not helpful to someone-you dont get piad. The joke ones dont deserve to but they're still funny.
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

PostSubject: Re: SPEAKERS CORNER.   SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2006, 14:23

totally agree..favourite superhero is realy the all time low. I love writing SC articles but like to think I give people something to think about...some of this is just money for old rope and needs to be kicked into touch.
Back to top Go down
kelr101

kelr101

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2006-03-06

PostSubject: Re: SPEAKERS CORNER.   SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2006, 14:46

Articles that involve actual debates and discussions e.g. Banning Smoking, Fox hunting, Political situations are fine. They encourage people (well most of the time) to argue points, discuss ideas etc, and they can be deserving of payment.

Recipes - No
Superheros - No
Top Tens - No

Regardless as to whether something is funny or not, does not entitle it to payment. I have barely seen an original joke on either Ciao or Dooyoo and think its disgusting that people receive payment when they are effectively copying.
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

PostSubject: Re: SPEAKERS CORNER.   SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2006, 14:50

I have said jokes dont entitle payment but are still funny. I did say they dont entitle payment. I amnot bothered about recipe ones though.

The Top Tens are an annoyance and are clogging up the sites with the Top fives which is just a lazy persons top ten
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPEAKERS CORNER.   SPEAKERS CORNER. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SPEAKERS CORNER.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2