www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?

Go down 
+15
Ziggy!
Tom_Clare
dididave
WormThatTurned
thebluehippo
butters
Stunt_101
marandina
WendyBull
atticusuk
Helix
Ailran
berlioz
spoilt_little_brat
lisa2062
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2006-02-28

What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?   What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 EmptySun 20 May 2007, 23:09

Just been to see Spiderman 3, thought it was good; going to see POTC 3 next weekend, which I cant wait to see due to the yummy Mr Depp!!

Also Shrek 3 starts at our cinema on the 23rd of June so will try and see that- all being that I havent given birth yet Smile
Back to top Go down
marandina

marandina

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?   What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 May 2007, 22:37

Orf to see POTC3 on Friday night. Whoohoo...bring on those swashbucklers! pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.casheroonie.com
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?   What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Jun 2007, 21:29

Went to see POTC3 last night- was ok but far too long.

Just seen another brilliant film though, oi! this is England. Only a film4 production but really made you think.
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?   What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Jun 2007, 21:41

POTC3 bloated and overindulgent... This Is England.. superb!
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?   What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Jun 2007, 22:50

I couldn't believe how good the guy who was Woody in it, and it turns out it is one of the Dingles from Emmerdale!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

PostSubject: Re: What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?   What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 EmptyMon 04 Jun 2007, 10:13

really? I don't watch soaps but he was really really good!
Back to top Go down
WormThatTurned

WormThatTurned

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2006-09-14

PostSubject: Re: What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?   What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 EmptyMon 04 Jun 2007, 21:10

I loved 'This Is England'.

Great 80's feel (makes you feel lucky at what we have today compared to then). Makes you think about racism and patriotism.

The 12 year old boy was awesome as was the Scouse bigot !!

Best film I've seen this year Smile
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

PostSubject: Re: What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?   What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 EmptyMon 04 Jun 2007, 22:29

Yeah the boy was incredible.. my friend kept telling me how cute he was!

Certainly one of the best films so far this year without a doubt.
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

Number of posts : 975
Registration date : 2006-03-26

PostSubject: Re: What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?   What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 EmptyThu 07 Jun 2007, 03:59

Must go to see Die Hard. Seen PotC3 twice now, but exams have held me back. It has some dodgy parts but overall is a good end to the trilogy and is better than the 2nd one. Nothibg matches the 1st though,
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?   What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 EmptyThu 07 Jun 2007, 10:42

butters wrote:
Nothing matches the 1st though.

How about any actually good films?
Back to top Go down
marandina

marandina

PostSubject: Re: What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?   What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 EmptyThu 07 Jun 2007, 23:49

Die Hard 4.0 does look good from the trailers. Trouble is, it's franchise fodder and will be just a re-hash of Die Hards 1, 2 and 3. Still, Brucie knows how to make an action movie!
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

PostSubject: Re: What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?   What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 EmptyFri 08 Jun 2007, 22:19

berlioz wrote:
butters wrote:
Nothing matches the 1st though.

How about any actually good films?

Aww, the first one was absolutely awesome. If you don't like that the sequels will seem abysmal but I don't know how people don't like the first at all. I have a pirate addiction though.
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532

PostSubject: Re: What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?   What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 EmptyFri 08 Jun 2007, 22:30

The first was good entertainment, but has no longevity for me, i.e. when I watch Raiders of the Lost Ark it always seems as fresh as it was when I first saw it. Can't say the same for COTBP; three times and that's enough for a lifetime. Then again, take out Depp and the film has nothing in it of interest.

The second was really lousy, but I did like that one big action scene with the water wheel quite a bit. Not enough to save the rest of the film though.

Not seen the third one yet, but I'll get around to it eventually.
Back to top Go down
marandina

marandina

PostSubject: Re: What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?   What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Jun 2007, 11:24

I've read some decent reviews in the press for the latest Fantastic Four movie......and it's only 90 minutes long! D'yer think movie producers may finally have realised that people don't want to sit there for hours and hours watching a movie?!!!
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637

PostSubject: Re: What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?   What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Jun 2007, 11:42

marandina wrote:
I've read some decent reviews in the press for the latest Fantastic Four movie......and it's only 90 minutes long! D'yer think movie producers may finally have realised that people don't want to sit there for hours and hours watching a movie?!!!

Not if you look at Spiderman 3 and POCB 3 Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?   What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Jun 2007, 19:04

dididave wrote:
marandina wrote:

Not if you look at Spiderman 3 and POCB 3 Evil or Very Mad

They were far too long, and part of the reason I am not going to the cinema again for a long time- I just can't sit still for that amount of time!

therefore got Shrek 3 downloaded for me and watched it earlier- is pretty good, worth seeing with the kids of if you liked the other Shrek movies.
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

PostSubject: Re: What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?   What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Jun 2007, 12:14

FF is a bit different from other comic book movies and I am looking forward to this one. Most comic based ones are just far too serious and po faced about everything. Ghost Rider was a blast because it was fun and by all accounts this one is the same... fun rather than way too serious!
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?   What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Jun 2007, 14:56

I saw some trailers for it on GMTV the other day and it does look quite good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2006-11-07

PostSubject: Re: What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?   What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Jun 2007, 17:45

I can't wait to see the new F4 film, i loved the first film and this looks great as well.
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

PostSubject: Re: What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?   What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Jun 2007, 19:41

berlioz wrote:
The first was good entertainment, but has no longevity for me, i.e. when I watch Raiders of the Lost Ark it always seems as fresh as it was when I first saw it. Can't say the same for COTBP; three times and that's enough for a lifetime. Then again, take out Depp and the film has nothing in it of interest.

The second was really lousy, but I did like that one big action scene with the water wheel quite a bit. Not enough to save the rest of the film though.

Not seen the third one yet, but I'll get around to it eventually.

to some extent i agree though i love the first (new information shows that the writer Ted Elliot wrote the pirate script after the movie of my favourite game series, Monkey Island he was working on wascancelled so it was loosley based on my favourite game).
The first by far was better. The second was great though was bad in parts (yet had good moments).
The third is similar to the second, bad parts and good parts. Though the good parts are excellent. And it has Keira Knightley in, looking less manly than she did in the second, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

PostSubject: Re: What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?   What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Jun 2007, 00:44

THe first one was great. Novel, different and great fun.

The second was ok-ish but loses any respect by not actually ending. A film should be watchable as a one off and not have a stupid cliffhanger ending to it.

The third is as boring as hell for the first two hours and then suddenly gets very good for the last hour, not enough to redeem it though.
Back to top Go down
marandina

marandina

PostSubject: Re: What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?   What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Jun 2007, 20:03

Saw Shrek3 t'other nite. Not so good, I'm afraid. I'd go and see Die Hard or FF2 instead....
Back to top Go down
WormThatTurned

WormThatTurned

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2006-09-14

PostSubject: Re: What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?   What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Jun 2007, 20:24

I saw Famous four 2 on Sunday - lots of fun AND Jessica Alba to boot, recommended.
Back to top Go down
Tom_Clare

Tom_Clare

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2006-05-21

PostSubject: Re: What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?   What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Jun 2007, 22:29

I saw 28 Weeks Later today, and thought it was pretty average. Nice effects and make-up, but it was just about the most generic zombie horror story ever - even complete with unruly kids and helicopter ending lol Smile
Back to top Go down
http://uk.geocities.com/tom1clare
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?   What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Jun 2007, 23:37

Loved fantastic 4 at the weekend- well worth seeing and not too long!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?   What films are you looking forward to seeing this year? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What films are you looking forward to seeing this year?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next