www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm really in love with Dooyoo now

Go down 
+11
dididave
lisa2062
arnoldhenryrufus
atticusuk
Thingywhatsit
steerpyke
WendyBull
mattygroves
butters
Angus
berlioz
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm really in love with Dooyoo now   I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 EmptyThu 06 Jul 2006, 08:56

It would be a shame if it was random but reading all the posts here now I would say it was definately picked by reading from dooyoo, the best ones won. (Thanks for the mention though Angus xx)
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: I'm really in love with Dooyoo now   I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 EmptyThu 06 Jul 2006, 09:09

If they picked them from crowned reviews, then they failed to tell the guide of the category that they were going to do it that way and somehow I doiubt they read every review as they do not seem to have the time to blow their noses at the moment. I also question their command of the English language at times, so am not sure they are capable of being able to comprehend some English slang or exlusive words.

I am not sure but it has been done and it just makes me wonder what they have up their sleeve next.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: I'm really in love with Dooyoo now   I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 EmptyThu 06 Jul 2006, 09:45

Well whatever it is, it must be better than the selection of the Dorling Kindersley on ciao. This is no reflection on the winning entries by the way, but on the manner of selection.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: I'm really in love with Dooyoo now   I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 EmptyThu 06 Jul 2006, 10:08

Angus wrote:
If they picked them from crowned reviews, then they failed to tell the guide of the category that they were going to do it that way and somehow I doiubt they read every review as they do not seem to have the time to blow their noses at the moment. I also question their command of the English language at times, so am not sure they are capable of being able to comprehend some English slang or exlusive words.

I am not sure but it has been done and it just makes me wonder what they have up their sleeve next.

No one said they were picked solely from crowns, if you look at my post earlier I actually said that out of the three winners two were crowned. Keeping it simple and typing slowly that means that one of the reviews was not crowned but did win a prize.

I share your views on the command of the English language but would apply it just as easily to members of this site and maybe include basic maths into my concerns. Laughing

It is too hot to wear anything but short sleeves at the moment which makes it bloody difficult to hide things but then where would we be without a conspiracy theory or three.
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

Number of posts : 397
Location : I like it here, but I have a summer home in reality
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: I'm really in love with Dooyoo now   I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 EmptyThu 06 Jul 2006, 14:06

Right, straight from the horse's mouth, and quoted with permission:

dooyoo email to me wrote:
Hi Kate,

yeah, for all the competitions I read all the ops and then choose the winners myself. The category guide doesn't participate and it is NOT a random pick.

OK? End of story!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: I'm really in love with Dooyoo now   I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 EmptyThu 06 Jul 2006, 14:14

So it WAS a conspiracy then!
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: I'm really in love with Dooyoo now   I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 EmptyThu 06 Jul 2006, 14:37

I bet yo a pound to a penny she only read the ones that were rated hgihly as they do not have time to return an email at the moment never mind read some 30 or so reviews.

BTW, I think the only reason one of the was not crowned was because the guide was on holiday which backs up the theory that unless guides are active reviews do not get crowned.
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

Number of posts : 397
Location : I like it here, but I have a summer home in reality
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: I'm really in love with Dooyoo now   I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 EmptyThu 06 Jul 2006, 14:39

Let me repeat:

Quote :
Hi Kate,

yeah, for all the competitions I read all the ops and then choose the winners myself. The category guide doesn't participate and it is NOT a random pick.

It's NOT random.

Quote :
Congratulations to the winners for their high quality reviews and a big thanks to everyone who participated. It was extremely hard to choose the prizes, as the general level was very high. Keep up the good work!

It is on quality.

How much clearer does this need to be.

1. You enter
2. Dooyoo (well, Alex) read ALL the entries - they are not advised by the guides.
3. Dooyoo chooses the winners based on the quality of the entries
4. At the end of the month, they announce the winners.

That's how it works.
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: I'm really in love with Dooyoo now   I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 EmptyThu 06 Jul 2006, 14:42

I am so pleased that random churner (omitted to save editing) has not won as when the motor guide who shall remain namless told me how it was going to be judged I gave up there and then.

If we are allowed to discuss what we think of the winners, I would say how I feel about the top three but as only one of the members are active here I think it is best let lie.
Back to top Go down
Mauri

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2006-04-07

PostSubject: Re: I'm really in love with Dooyoo now   I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 EmptyThu 06 Jul 2006, 15:00

Angus wrote:
I am so pleased that random churner (omitted to save editing) has not won as when the motor guide who shall remain namless told me how it was going to be judged I gave up there and then.

If we are allowed to discuss what we think of the winners, I would say how I feel about the top three but as only one of the members are active here I think it is best let lie.

But what does it matter what you think Angus, we can all judge the quality of the reviews in different ways and obviously you don't agree with Dooyoo on this one, what's the problem it doesn't mean that the reviews weren't considered properly...
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: I'm really in love with Dooyoo now   I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 EmptyThu 06 Jul 2006, 15:06

mauri, why are you so aggressive mate?

Do you not discuss who wins football matches, tennis matches, Big Brother, Who wants to eb a millionaire, etc?

F*** sake mate, just having a discussion not WW3
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: I'm really in love with Dooyoo now   I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 EmptyThu 06 Jul 2006, 16:13

Personal comment aside, lets get back on topic shall we....
Back to top Go down
Mauri

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2006-04-07

PostSubject: Re: I'm really in love with Dooyoo now   I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 EmptyThu 06 Jul 2006, 16:55

Angus wrote:
mauri, why are you so aggressive mate?

Do you not discuss who wins football matches, tennis matches, Big Brother, Who wants to eb a millionaire, etc?

F*** sake mate, just having a discussion not WW3

Sorry Angus wasn't meant to come across as aggressive.

All I was trying to say is that opinions will vary on what makes a good review. Of course we are allowed to have an opinion as to the merits of the reviews but in the end it is up to Dooyoo and I don't think there is any evidence that the reviews were not selected on merit.
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: I'm really in love with Dooyoo now   I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 EmptyThu 06 Jul 2006, 17:07

okay.

All I am saying though si that as long as the debate is healthy, discussing the merits of winning review is no different to discussing the merits of anything else really.

All three were good reviews and there is no doubt about it, but like a good book, it has it's knockers.

no bad puns please.
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: I'm really in love with Dooyoo now   I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 EmptyThu 06 Jul 2006, 17:15

(gagged smirk)
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: I'm really in love with Dooyoo now   I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 EmptyThu 06 Jul 2006, 20:03

Angus wrote:

I thought you gave up after reading my entry as you realised you had no chance king
Back to top Go down
curious_tan

curious_tan

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2006-07-24

PostSubject: Re: I'm really in love with Dooyoo now   I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 EmptyWed 06 Sep 2006, 20:06

hello everyone,

Well, it seems Im hooked with dooyoo and because of that I would like to ask from the members your suggestions where to post this new review which I think beneficial to help new members find interesting past reviews written by regular members.

Im not promoting their accounts, however I feel that these members are good examples of reviews where new members could get hints/pointers to write better write-ups. It is a personal evaluation, thus it is subject to criticism from members.

My proposed title for this thread is "My Dooyoo Members Honor Roll"

Do I need to create another link or could I post it under the dooyoo - Members Opinion on how to rate and comment? Actually, I already suggested and sent it to dooyooteam under Speakers Corner but up to now there is no reply. I read also from wendybull 's account that there is no future suggestion for this category.

I need your advise here, please. thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.trivago.co.uk/member.php?&member=11883
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: I'm really in love with Dooyoo now   I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 EmptyWed 06 Sep 2006, 20:16

Personally..... Embarassed

I wouldn't post it, as these things have a tendency to become cliqey and back-slapping in nature which isn't really needed for these sites (regardless of your intentions, which I am sure are not that!)

While one review might be fine, before sundown there will be 82 of them in the same category saying I think freddie is gr8, read his reviews and so on......and as you can imagine the original intention gets diluted pretty quickly!

I think Dooyoo are trying to restrict what gets put under "Speakers Corner" as it has got some of the same kind of reviews there now that are typical of the Orange Side's Cafe..!

Very Happy

(PS: Any resemblance to a member called freddie is entirely coincidental lol! )
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: I'm really in love with Dooyoo now   I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 EmptyWed 06 Sep 2006, 20:18

Helen is right. I thought it was a general help new members one and didn't read it properly. I don;t think that dooyoo need a review of that nature either. Must read instead of skimming LOL
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

PostSubject: Re: I'm really in love with Dooyoo now   I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 EmptyWed 06 Sep 2006, 20:21

Rachel beat me to a reply. you could use the category she suggests, it is the honour role thing that I think is not needed to write a balanced review there. Plus, I don't like publicity Laughing Laughing Laughing

As an aside, and not relevant to this discussion, that second link has become the most off topic category in existence on Dooyoo - all it has is the My Dooyooing equivalent in it - it does not answer the question!

sorry for going OT. affraid Another 10p in the Xmas fund
Back to top Go down
curious_tan

curious_tan

PostSubject: Re: I'm really in love with Dooyoo now   I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 EmptyWed 06 Sep 2006, 20:22

Thanks Rachel but I have things to note as follows:

1. I know these threads and my recent MALU's challenge was posted on the first thread
2. I found that the second thread is also the same thing with the first one with MALU's challenge and some are opinions not related to that challenge
3. I already thinking before that to post it here, but I have this hesitation of doing this. I think I will choose the second one.

Is it a good try to have this opinion? Quite similar to Top List... but I look at how the writer-members's styles, categories, ratings and comments...
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: I'm really in love with Dooyoo now   I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 EmptyWed 06 Sep 2006, 20:22

Sorry Helen, we are arguing here. I thought about the categories I suggested and whilst they are suitable for giving advice to new members, not sure they are suitable for giving a roll of honour or even if one would be appropriate to a site like dooyoo.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

PostSubject: Re: I'm really in love with Dooyoo now   I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 EmptyWed 06 Sep 2006, 20:25

Thingywhatsit wrote:
Sorry Helen, we are arguing here. I thought about the categories I suggested and whilst they are suitable for giving advice to new members, not sure they are suitable for giving a roll of honour or even if one would be appropriate to a site like dooyoo.

I agree!
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: I'm really in love with Dooyoo now   I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 EmptyWed 06 Sep 2006, 20:27

Well we got something right. The point is that through reading around the site, people will discover on their own which type of writers they enjoy and which topics. How can one say that one writer is a better one than another when all write in different categories and will have people that enjoy their reviews and people that will not.
Back to top Go down
curious_tan

curious_tan

PostSubject: Re: I'm really in love with Dooyoo now   I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 EmptyWed 06 Sep 2006, 20:29

by the way, this is rey... Ok... frankly Im quite not sure of posting it... but for the past two months, I visited alot of accounts and they are helpful in my reviews as well being a new member of the site. I think the biased here is out of question because Im new in the site, and frankly I havent really established trusted members (as dooyoo called it).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm really in love with Dooyoo now   I'm really in love with Dooyoo now - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm really in love with Dooyoo now
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next