www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SMOKING IN PUBLIC

Go down 
+9
dabmim
drewboy
helencbradshaw
Nar
Lunah_c
spoilt_little_brat
Louise90
TheArchaic
Thingywhatsit
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Cerberus

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2006-04-15

SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMOKING IN PUBLIC   SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Apr 2006, 00:45

The five 'bil' lost in tax from decreasing LEGAL fag sales.They banned fags in Portugal and smoking actually increased--but through contraband, so you still get the health blowback and lost revenue.Im confused why the goverment has gone after the tobacco barons,especially after the cash for gongs scandals.
Back to top Go down
dabmim

dabmim

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2006-03-31

PostSubject: Re: SMOKING IN PUBLIC   SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Apr 2006, 12:03

Cerberus wrote:
Ive noticed that people who dont like smoking tend to be not from the same social smoking classes...Its just another 'them and us' sonobbey.Well guess what guys,your going to have to find that extra five billion from your taxes.

What a lot of tosh...I myself used to smoke and most of my family did too- we all managed to give up!!! Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
http://healthgossip.proboards82.com/index.cgi?
Lynzie

PostSubject: Re: SMOKING IN PUBLIC   SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Apr 2006, 12:33

I agree on both sides of this. I am a smoker, but it wouldnt bother me so much if they banned it in public places the only thing that would bother me is when i go out to nightclubs. Especially if i have to go outside then they charge me to go back in affraid

I dont think that they will ever ban it altogether and if they do the tax will go on other everyday things like Fuel (which is already killing my livelyhood)

The NHS will suffer, schools will suffer and all the other things that smokers Tax goes on.

o yeah we will all have smoke free lungs but our kids will be thick and we will all die of bird flu cos the NHS cant cope...........
Back to top Go down
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2006-02-27

PostSubject: Re: SMOKING IN PUBLIC   SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Apr 2006, 12:36

They could always stop shelling out billions on armery and war equipment then we would have plenty to fund NHS and schools.
Back to top Go down
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: SMOKING IN PUBLIC   SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Apr 2006, 17:56

They could but they wont.Bussines is good! What this law will do is force underclass smoking back into the home and then we will have all the lab -rats we ever wanted to see the effect of passive smoke on kids--let alone an increase in Cot death 'stats'.
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: SMOKING IN PUBLIC   SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Apr 2006, 18:58

Cerberus wrote:
They could but they wont.Bussines is good! What this law will do is force underclass smoking back into the home and then we will have all the lab -rats we ever wanted to see the effect of passive smoke on kids--let alone an increase in Cot death 'stats'.

I am amazed people still bother rising to your bait.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

PostSubject: Re: SMOKING IN PUBLIC   SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Apr 2006, 20:54

Oooh, that will be nice!
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: SMOKING IN PUBLIC   SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Apr 2006, 11:59

yes people may be forced to smoke in their homes, but smoking doesnt effect your morals and most parents would draw the line at smoking near or infront of their kids. If smokers already smoke infront of their kids then this ban in not too blame for that.
Back to top Go down
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

PostSubject: Re: SMOKING IN PUBLIC   SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Apr 2006, 12:59

I agree, If parents are forced to smoke at home they will not do so at the risk of their childs' health if that is how they view it now.

However if they currently make their kids breathe it in, they will continue to do so.
Back to top Go down
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: SMOKING IN PUBLIC   SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Apr 2006, 00:22

Parents that im thinking about that smoke at home dont give crap about there kids health.Anyhow,all those fumes will fog the kids vision of the Playstation..
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: SMOKING IN PUBLIC   SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Apr 2006, 19:54

Cerberus wrote:
Parents that im thinking about that smoke at home dont give crap about there kids health.Anyhow,all those fumes will fog the kids vision of the Playstation..

yeah and so I stand my my point that this has nothing to do with the ban if they already have no problem with smoking infront of their kids
Back to top Go down
Lynzie

PostSubject: Re: SMOKING IN PUBLIC   SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Apr 2006, 20:34

I dont smoke near my kids, i go outside when i smoke. I would never put them at risk because of my bad habit. I dont understand people that smoke in a house full of young kids.
Back to top Go down
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

PostSubject: Re: SMOKING IN PUBLIC   SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Apr 2006, 20:51

Mind you, even smoking away from the kids has some risks......not trying to worry anyone, just pointing out a fact.

The smoke is still on your breathe and lungs and is exhaled when you are close to your children. Plus it sticks to clothes so they breathe that in too.

Worst of all, your child could end up losing a parent earlier than expected.
Back to top Go down
Lynzie

PostSubject: Re: SMOKING IN PUBLIC   SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Apr 2006, 22:08

yeah but i could also get hit by a bus tommorow
Back to top Go down
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

PostSubject: Re: SMOKING IN PUBLIC   SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Apr 2006, 10:51

You could, though I hope not. But at least your child would know that there was nothing you could do about it.

Unless of course you are deliberately throwing yourself in front of the bus, but you could say that is what you are doing with each cigarette...it may be the fatal one!

I know that sounds quite dramatic, but I am talking from personal experience here. I have four cousins who lost a parent a few years back. She died of cancer which was caused by smoking. Of course they are sad, and they miss her greatly. But they are also angry, they asked her to give up and she refused, and now they have to grow up and bring up her grandchildren without her. All because of a few puffs a day.
Back to top Go down
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: SMOKING IN PUBLIC   SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Apr 2006, 20:30

Cot death babies are nione times more likely to have parents that smoke indoors.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: SMOKING IN PUBLIC   SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Apr 2006, 20:34

I would actually be quite interested in where those statistics come from because I know smokers who lost their child to cot death.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

PostSubject: Re: SMOKING IN PUBLIC   SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Apr 2006, 20:57

We often read that a high percentage of children who die have one or both parents that smoke, but I guess it will not always be the cause. However whether a factor or not it hardly seems fair to expose a new born babies delicate lungs to such a toxic smoke.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: SMOKING IN PUBLIC   SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Apr 2006, 21:46

I personally do not smoke near children full stop, nor near people that do not smoke, unless I have asked them if they mind first (adults not kids !)
Back to top Go down
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

PostSubject: Re: SMOKING IN PUBLIC   SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Apr 2006, 21:49

Lol, I can imagine what some kids would say.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: SMOKING IN PUBLIC   SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Apr 2006, 21:51

They would probably ask me for one !
Back to top Go down
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

PostSubject: Re: SMOKING IN PUBLIC   SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Apr 2006, 21:52

Yeah...that's what I thought!
Back to top Go down
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: SMOKING IN PUBLIC   SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Apr 2006, 00:37

To be honest the finite statistics on parents that lose kids to cotdeath babies narrow the bug down to a small chunk of parents.We cant really go there.Bliss website is good for the smokers stat.I dont think its the smoke that kills the babies though,if you look at the trends.
Back to top Go down
Lynzie

PostSubject: Re: SMOKING IN PUBLIC   SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 EmptyMon 01 May 2006, 16:43

Just found this in a smoking statisitcs site...

Smoking causes cancer in your pets
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: SMOKING IN PUBLIC   SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 EmptyMon 01 May 2006, 16:55

Cerberus wrote:
To be honest the finite statistics on parents that lose kids to cotdeath babies narrow the bug down to a small chunk of parents.We cant really go there.Bliss website is good for the smokers stat.I dont think its the smoke that kills the babies though,if you look at the trends.

Once more you quote statistics and when asked for the source, fail to provide it.

where does it say that people who smoke are 9 times more likely to have a cot death of their child, where?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SMOKING IN PUBLIC   SMOKING IN PUBLIC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SMOKING IN PUBLIC
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next