www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.

Go down 
+15
atticusuk
duskmaiden
koshkha
spoilt_little_brat
lisa2062
kelr101
Silverblue
sam1942
berlioz
Essexgirl
marandina
liz1102
helencbradshaw
mattygroves
Thingywhatsit
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
sam1942

sam1942

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2006-04-13

SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 Nov 2006, 22:24

Well, at least help me out here instead of making silly comments!
Back to top Go down
kelr101

kelr101

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2006-03-06

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 EmptyFri 01 Dec 2006, 16:38

what about Reading? It's a direct train service from Paddington station (London), and a direct train link from Gatwick - plus they have a Heathrow Bus route which stops at Reading Train station. It's also in the centre of the M4 Corridor so people coming from either side of south England have easy access

Hotels are reasonable, parking is easily accessible.
Back to top Go down
sam1942

sam1942

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 EmptyFri 01 Dec 2006, 17:24

I like that idea, see? There are some people out there who are taking it seriousl! Wink) Anyway, Iain Wear and I have come up with a date for Saturday 7th April (07) How does that sound to everyone?

Reading is good for me and a few others, but I am worried about rachel thats's all.....
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 EmptySat 02 Dec 2006, 20:33

How far as Reading from London ? I have no idea geographically
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 EmptySat 02 Dec 2006, 20:37

About 45 miles away. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 EmptySat 02 Dec 2006, 20:39

yeh but I need to know about transport, since I shall have no car with me when I come.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 EmptySat 02 Dec 2006, 20:52

southwesttrains.co.uk may be of some help, but obviously you would need to get to London Waterloo. I'll have another look. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Dec 2006, 00:44

marandina wrote:
I'd be happy to have a drinky poo with fellow writers in the Norfamton/Milton Keynes area if anyone decides to do one again. I attended a Chow/dooyoo meet a few years ago in MK and had a great time. Londinium's too much hassle and Belfast is far to close to Art for comfort. Shocked

There is talk of a meet in MK.
Back to top Go down
marandina

marandina

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Dec 2006, 01:29

There's always talk of a meet in MK, lol. If Art was reading, I'm only kidding about Belfast!
Back to top Go down
http://www.casheroonie.com
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Dec 2006, 08:54

Where is Milton Keynes ?
Back to top Go down
kelr101

kelr101

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2006-03-06

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Dec 2006, 15:56

lisa2062 wrote:
southwesttrains.co.uk may be of some help, but obviously you would need to get to London Waterloo. I'll have another look. Lisa x

No I wouldn't consider those at all. South West trains don't generally cover suitable routes between Reading and London - if any consider Thames Trains

To get from London to Reading...there are 4 very simple ways:

1. Heathrow Bus Air direct to Reading Train Station
2. Gatwick train service direct to Reading Train Station
3. Drive!
4. London Paddington train direct to Reading Train Station

Obviously 3 isn't an option for Rachel but the other two are very simple, easy and convienient
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Dec 2006, 17:57

Thingywhatsit wrote:
Where is Milton Keynes ?

For some strange reason I'm extremely charmed by the idea that there are people in this world who don't know where MK is. It harks back to somehow more innocent times.

MK is just over 50 miles north west of London just off the M1 with a major rail intersection that should be accessible to a lot of people. From London you need to go from Euston.

I suspect that the ability to get away from it quickly is one of MK's greatest assets.
Back to top Go down
duskmaiden

duskmaiden

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2006-10-27

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Dec 2006, 19:03

Has anyone ever had the pleasure of waititng for a coach connection at its bus station. I think i would rather eat raw tripe than do that again!!
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Dec 2006, 22:34

You're not 'of this world' are you?
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Dec 2006, 22:43

I have a good excuse as I haven't lived in the UK for over 18 years !
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Dec 2006, 23:59

HAHA, how can you not of heard of MK?? Its like the best place EVER!!!!
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 EmptySun 03 Dec 2006, 23:59

I expect its a bit like you asking me the way to Plumeliau. I assume everyone knows where that is. LOL
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 EmptyMon 04 Dec 2006, 02:35

Thingywhatsit wrote:
I expect its a bit like you asking me the way to Plumeliau. I assume everyone knows where that is. LOL

Brittany. Home to the Fontaine de Saint-Nicodème.

Milton Keynes is home to the Concrete Cows.

It is also the only place in England where you can be water skiing one minute and then ten minutes later be skiing on natural snow.
Back to top Go down
liz1102

liz1102

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2006-10-09

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 EmptyMon 04 Dec 2006, 02:50

the only thing I know about MK is that its built on a grid system, or something..... lol
Back to top Go down
sam1942

sam1942

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 EmptyMon 04 Dec 2006, 13:09

MK is too far for me, I'll have a drink with meself then and dip me toes in the the channel Sad
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 EmptyMon 04 Dec 2006, 13:30

Yeah it is like America in the sence that it is all grids, which makes me get very lost!! Oh and no traffic lights, just bloody roundabouts, but the shopping is fab (and looks fantastic with all the christmas stuff up at the moment) and the snow dome is fab too.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 EmptyMon 04 Dec 2006, 14:12

spoilt_little_brat wrote:
Yeah it is like America in the sence that it is all grids, which makes me get very lost!! Oh and no traffic lights, just bloody roundabouts, but the shopping is fab (and looks fantastic with all the christmas stuff up at the moment) and the snow dome is fab too.

Actually they are starting to add more traffic lights in and around the centre as the congestion builds up and the grid system cannot cope.

I have an inate ability to get lost in Milton Keynes the minute I deviate from my normal route.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 EmptyMon 04 Dec 2006, 22:00

MK is ok with me too, easier to drive there than London, apart from all that roundabout practice..!

And Debbie, how can you not know where the M1 goes......I'm shocked!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
CareBear

CareBear

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 EmptyTue 05 Dec 2006, 20:23

Rachel,

Assuming that I can make the date, if the meet is to the west of London, eg Reading as suggested, I could easily meet you at either Heathrow or Gatwick (the former is easier) and give you a lift...
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 EmptyTue 05 Dec 2006, 20:24

That sounds a super idea. I really would find it hard to travel in England now after all this time. Thats so kind of you. Thank you Claire very much indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.   SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SUGGESTED DOOYOO/CIAO AND GENERAL REVIEW WRITING MEET.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next