www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SURVEY SPOILERS.

Go down 
+13
Louizalass
SaschaT
koshkha
lisa2062
Minnitee
mr.blue.sky
liz1102
kgray71
anonymili
Lunah_c
sam1942
atticusuk
Thingywhatsit
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

SURVEY SPOILERS. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SURVEY SPOILERS.   SURVEY SPOILERS. - Page 2 EmptyMon 01 Jan 2007, 20:19

Lunah_c wrote:
I find it annoying to be kicked off because of my age or sex, that is the first thing they should check surely.

I think that is because they want quotas of people in different age buckets most of the time, to be fair.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Minnitee

Minnitee

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2006-03-23

PostSubject: Re: SURVEY SPOILERS.   SURVEY SPOILERS. - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Jan 2007, 22:20

I just finished one on cars and it was weird, first of all the instruction email stated:
Quote :
Participants who give illogical combinations of answers or who do not spend a minimum amount of time completing the questionnaire will not qualify for the reward.

and a few times during the questions there were breaks where you had to click the second, then third, forth and fifth option from the left to mark the place in the survey.

I guess they were timing people how fast they were clicking through the options.

At least I will get my £2.20 for my trouble, after all, I worked my way through every single answer at a slow pace.
Back to top Go down
Averilla

Averilla

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: SURVEY SPOILERS.   SURVEY SPOILERS. - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Jan 2007, 22:55

Well I just got the exact same survey and I read every single question but I speed read...always have...I still picked up on the trick questions regarding ticking certain boxes but because I speed read I finished it in 15 minutes and when I completed it I got a message saying I had not qualified...I am furious, they now have all that information on me for nothing....I will remember next time to go real slow..I have e-mailed them but I expect they'll ignore it !
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

PostSubject: Re: SURVEY SPOILERS.   SURVEY SPOILERS. - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Jan 2007, 23:05

I did this one too...

Asked to select my car, picked Alfa...then tried to pick my model...only they only had one model available in their list. So I put my actual car in the box where it allowed you to, and it said I wasnt allowed...! I emailed them too...for what it is worth..
Back to top Go down
Minnitee

Minnitee

PostSubject: Re: SURVEY SPOILERS.   SURVEY SPOILERS. - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Jan 2007, 23:14

Averilla wrote:
I read every single question but I speed read...always have...

I also speed read but at the same time kept an eye on the evening news so always paused when I got to the end of the page.

The last questions was one you answered at the beginning, the colour of your car.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: SURVEY SPOILERS.   SURVEY SPOILERS. - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Jan 2007, 23:32

I emailled Ciao Surveys about 2 weeks ago about a survey that kicked me out 95% of the way through. Still waiting for a response.

You can't really argue with the "trick" questions though. The survey companies are there to get accurate data, only to be scuppered by people flying through them quickly without reading the question properly or for sites like this to tell others that, for example, a survey isn't looking for people over forty.

Last edited by on Sat 06 Jan 2007, 00:14; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

PostSubject: Re: SURVEY SPOILERS.   SURVEY SPOILERS. - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Jan 2007, 23:45

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:

You can't really argue with the "trick" questions though. The survey companies are there to get accurate data, only to be scuppered by people flying through them quickly without reading the question properly or for sites like this to tell others that, for example, a survey isn't looking for people over forty.

Agreed, too much of that and we might all find there are fewer surveys as companies will not be able to rely on them.

I think people get upset if they get booted out on a question which is in their demographic or personal information. It can be annoying, agreed, but remember when they send out thousands of invites, they will want a cross section of the population, and so it will happen that they fill their quota of females age 35-39 or whatever therefore people are booted.

Recently I had the same survey on the same day from two different companies...I don't recall having that in the past very often, but I guess it also explains why people get booted at the first hurdle.

On the speed thing, I often find they overestimate the time, I thnk I did complain once, as I had completed it, spent a very long time (it was an awful survey) and I completed it accurately and honestly, only for a system failure at the very end. I did another one today for £3 which was so boring I wanted to sleep, and took twice the time that was suggested too. Interestingly, my first invite to it, which I obviously ignored as I was away at the time, was in November.

I dont blame them on the warning though. I just wish they would get the technology, and the questions in order (sometimes they fail because they are impossible or illogical , like my example with this car one tonight.)

AS an aside I also like Jared's competition warnings on copying as it is Game Review time over yonder.
Back to top Go down
Minnitee

Minnitee

PostSubject: Re: SURVEY SPOILERS.   SURVEY SPOILERS. - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Jan 2007, 23:56

helencbradshaw wrote:

I dont blame them on the warning though. I just wish they would get the technology, and the questions in order (sometimes they fail because they are impossible or illogical , like my example with this car one tonight.)

I sometimes wonder if anyone checks the questions as sometimes they don't make sense at all.

If you drove a more common car you would have got through Very Happy

helencbradshaw wrote:

did another one today for £3 which was so boring I wanted to sleep, and took twice the time that was suggested too.

I did one about supermarkets, about half way through I decided to change all my answers and went back to the beginning, not all surveys allow you to go back at all.
Back to top Go down
Louizalass

Louizalass

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: SURVEY SPOILERS.   SURVEY SPOILERS. - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Jan 2007, 20:27

Attempted this survey this evening but when I got to the page where it asks you to 'drag' the words to describe each bank over to the bank's logo... I couldn't do it, because there was no logos for the banks and I was unable to drag anything to anywhere!

Survey: 070117-29108
Back to top Go down
http://www.daydreamdwellings.com
anonymili

anonymili

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: SURVEY SPOILERS.   SURVEY SPOILERS. - Page 2 EmptySun 28 Jan 2007, 12:47

I also got sent the same survey by 2 different companies a few weeks back and it boring enough filling it once but I duly completed the 2nd one and got through to the end. Couldn't believe I didn't get kicked out of the 2nd one. As for survey spoilers, I don't even think about lying about my age, but sometimes if the email says the survey is going to be a long one and I get bored after the first few pages I actually just close down the window. Don't need the pennies so much to spend 30 minutes for £2.50 or something in that range.

Why don't we get spoilers for surveys paying £50 for 10 minute surveys? Why don't I ever get £50 surveys? Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SURVEY SPOILERS.   SURVEY SPOILERS. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SURVEY SPOILERS.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2