www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is the most read list a good thing???

Go down 
+6
lauricha
helencbradshaw
Angus
krazykat2005
drewboy
ben100100100509
10 posters

Is the 'most read list' a good thing?
yes
Is the most read list a good thing??? Vote_lcap24%Is the most read list a good thing??? Vote_rcap
 24% [ 5 ]
no
Is the most read list a good thing??? Vote_lcap52%Is the most read list a good thing??? Vote_rcap
 52% [ 11 ]
neither
Is the most read list a good thing??? Vote_lcap24%Is the most read list a good thing??? Vote_rcap
 24% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
ben100100100509

ben100100100509

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2006-05-16

Is the most read list a good thing??? Empty
PostSubject: Is the most read list a good thing???   Is the most read list a good thing??? EmptySat 20 May 2006, 02:23

Is the 'most read list' a good thing?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bensite.co.uk
ben100100100509

ben100100100509

PostSubject: Re: Is the most read list a good thing???   Is the most read list a good thing??? EmptySat 20 May 2006, 02:26

I think that it is just a psychological ploy to get us all to do more work for ciao, all of these lists, ooh, look, I am 5 in the most read lists, I must a) churn b) write more for ciao so they get market research and I get a higher spot on the lists c) I won't rate anyone who is above me in the lists, as then I might overtake them. They are all bad aspects. However, it does add in an element of fun and competitiveness I suppose. Hmm. A dodgy one. Question
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Is the most read list a good thing???   Is the most read list a good thing??? EmptySat 20 May 2006, 02:29

When I was active on ciao I took no notice of that. I much preferred the most read review list.
Back to top Go down
ben100100100509

ben100100100509

PostSubject: Re: Is the most read list a good thing???   Is the most read list a good thing??? EmptySat 20 May 2006, 02:42

Yes, I like the most read reviews list, both ever and this week.
Back to top Go down
krazykat2005

krazykat2005

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2006-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Is the most read list a good thing???   Is the most read list a good thing??? EmptySat 20 May 2006, 08:33

I am not too fussed by it as I mostly just forget it is even there. On the occasion I have looked at it I have used it to find other people's reviews to read, or it has encouraged me not to be lazy and write a couple of reviews that I had already planned to do anyway... it's nice to see my name up there with some of the Ciao'ers that I admire and aspire to be like. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Is the most read list a good thing???   Is the most read list a good thing??? EmptySat 20 May 2006, 09:52

No, no, no!

it is such a fantastic thing and you do not use it right.

I head straight for the most read list and click on the top writer that week as it is obvious that the person who has took the time to write the most reviews in a week must surely be the best writer.

Tsk at you lot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
krazykat2005

krazykat2005

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2006-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Is the most read list a good thing???   Is the most read list a good thing??? EmptySat 20 May 2006, 10:33

Quote :
No, no, no!

it is such a fantastic thing and you do not use it right.

I head straight for the most read list and click on the top writer that week as it is obvious that the person who has took the time to write the most reviews in a week must surely be the best writer.

Tsk at you lot.

I detect sarcasm? Cool
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Is the most read list a good thing???   Is the most read list a good thing??? EmptySat 20 May 2006, 11:10

affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Is the most read list a good thing???   Is the most read list a good thing??? EmptySat 20 May 2006, 12:44

I avoid the most members reads that week thing altogether.

While there is a value to someone churning out 15 reviews in a week for the consumer, they are not usually of the sort of thing I want to read, and it is unusual for a good writer to get there with one or two reviews a week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
lauricha

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Is the most read list a good thing???   Is the most read list a good thing??? EmptyMon 22 May 2006, 16:02

Ohh, its all equal!

So is the most read actually them most reviews in a week? Is that how it works or am falling for some kind of weird sarcasm!! Wink
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Is the most read list a good thing???   Is the most read list a good thing??? EmptyMon 22 May 2006, 19:57

I did not know it existed, suddenly my life has a whole new purpose.
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Is the most read list a good thing???   Is the most read list a good thing??? EmptyMon 22 May 2006, 23:44

ben100100100509 wrote:
I think that it is just a psychological ploy to get us all to do more work for ciao, all of these lists, ooh, look, I am 5 in the most read lists, I must a) churn b) write more for ciao so they get market research and I get a higher spot on the lists c) I won't rate anyone who is above me in the lists, as then I might overtake them. They are all bad aspects. However, it does add in an element of fun and competitiveness I suppose. Hmm. A dodgy one. Question

I think that you put the workings of the site under too much scrutiny. Just write reviews and stop disecting every aspect of the site and you may find it more enjoyable. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
lauricha

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Is the most read list a good thing???   Is the most read list a good thing??? EmptyTue 23 May 2006, 11:00

OIC. Thanks for clearing that up, Im off to write 500 reviews now so I can be at the top tongue
Back to top Go down
ben100100100509

ben100100100509

PostSubject: Re: Is the most read list a good thing???   Is the most read list a good thing??? EmptyTue 23 May 2006, 20:34

But I am a natural cynic!
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Is the most read list a good thing???   Is the most read list a good thing??? EmptyWed 24 May 2006, 18:44

I don't really see the point in it, because sometimes it's just because someone has churned out a high number of reviews in a week, or that the title/person generates more reads. All this doesn't actually mean that because they've had a lot of reads, their reviews are the finest thing since sliced bread. Most of the most read list do produce high quality and enjoyable reviews, but I never use that list as I like to read a range of peoples reviews.
In Art's case it's just because people find him cheeky and attractive. (I'm not saying which one or if any of those I think you are). I'm kidding I love your reviews too!
Lisa Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Is the most read list a good thing???   Is the most read list a good thing??? EmptyWed 24 May 2006, 19:09

lisa2062 wrote:

In Art's case it's just because people find him cheeky and attractive. (I'm not saying which one or if any of those I think you are). I'm kidding I love your reviews too!
Lisa Laughing

Lisa you must stop drinking during the day it sets a bad example.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Is the most read list a good thing???   Is the most read list a good thing??? EmptyWed 24 May 2006, 19:11

I thought that was Art ! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Is the most read list a good thing???   Is the most read list a good thing??? EmptyWed 24 May 2006, 19:56

I've only had tea to drink today and I don't think it was spiked! Lisa x Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the most read list a good thing???   Is the most read list a good thing??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is the most read list a good thing???
Page 1 of 1