www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.

Go down 
+17
PRINCESSPUSSYCAT
reddragonflame87
butters
helencbradshaw
koshkha
badcompany77
Martinscholes
Post It Note
mattygroves
steerpyke
Lunah_c
Sam_Garland
atticusuk
WendyBull
Angus
kelr101
Thingywhatsit
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. Empty
PostSubject: SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.   SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. EmptySat 12 Aug 2006, 10:53

If you have any serious suggestions to improve ciao, please place them here. I shall send the link to ciao when there are some serious suggestions for them to consider.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
kelr101

kelr101

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2006-03-06

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.   SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. EmptySat 12 Aug 2006, 13:27

Publish the PF calculation.
Back to top Go down
kelr101

kelr101

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2006-03-06

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.   SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. EmptySat 12 Aug 2006, 13:28

Listen to members, and communicate with them, rather the only replying to certain members.
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.   SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. EmptySat 12 Aug 2006, 13:37

Re-name it as Dooyoo and sack all the staff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.   SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. EmptySat 12 Aug 2006, 14:14

Quote :
Listen to members, and communicate with them, rather the only replying to certain members.

Perhaps it would help members greatly to have one place on ciao where they list all the current email addresses since many seemed to have changed when ciao went over to Greenfield.
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.   SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. EmptySat 12 Aug 2006, 15:18

have a direct link to the newst review list from the "my ciao" page.
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.   SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. EmptySat 12 Aug 2006, 20:13

Create a new master race of Ciao users and call them guides.
Back to top Go down
Sam_Garland

Sam_Garland

Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2006-06-24

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.   SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. EmptySun 13 Aug 2006, 14:38

Create a 'Member advice to other Ciao users' page that should appear under the Ciao training link in the member centre area. This should be a place where members can post ops on using ciao, respecting other members, etc. etc - make the whole thing a lot easier for new users.
Back to top Go down
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2006-02-27

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.   SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. EmptyMon 14 Aug 2006, 00:16

Increase payments to keep people interested and prehaps reward members for length of membership and amount of reviews written. For example, at least two reviews per month to be entitled to part of the premium fund....mind you this may be their theory anyway!
Back to top Go down
Sam_Garland

Sam_Garland

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.   SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. EmptyMon 14 Aug 2006, 00:48

Lunah_c wrote:
Increase payments... for amount of reviews written.

Churners would be the problem there, though...
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.   SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. EmptyMon 14 Aug 2006, 10:28

Quote :
Increase payments to keep people interested and prehaps reward members for length of membership and amount of reviews written. For example, at least two reviews per month to be entitled to part of the premium fund....mind you this may be their theory anyway!

I don't think that length of time being there has anything to do with quality or the number of reviews written.
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.   SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. EmptyMon 14 Aug 2006, 10:51

Thingywhatsit wrote:
Quote :

I don't think that length of time being there has anything to do with quality or the number of reviews written.

quite, you've been here ages and yours are still rubbish.

(joke)
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.   SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. EmptyMon 14 Aug 2006, 13:10

Why do you ask for suggestions then pull them apart?

I didn't say length of time of membership reflected anything. I just suggested that prehaps it could be rewarded. For eg a years membership, two etc...

And as for rewarding amount of reviews I said maybe two a month...that is not churning, I hope.
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.   SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. EmptyMon 14 Aug 2006, 13:38

Lunah_c wrote:

I didn't say length of time of membership reflected anything. I just suggested that prehaps it could be rewarded. For eg a years membership, two etc...

And as for rewarding amount of reviews I said maybe two a month...that is not churning, I hope.

LOL,

You really hate being questioned don't you?
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.   SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. EmptyMon 14 Aug 2006, 16:35

Quote :

I didn't mean it to come over like that, but don't agree that for example a member like me should get more because I have been there longer.
Back to top Go down
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.   SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. EmptyMon 14 Aug 2006, 20:46

[quote="Angus]

LOL,

You really hate being questioned don't you?[/quote]
If that is a statement why is it followed by a question mark?

No, I don't mind being questioned, but normally when you are asked for suggestions you don't have to give along with it a 4000 page essay as to why you came to that decision.

I know what you meant Rachel, but I just suggested, whether agreeable to others or not, that I thought it would be nice if members were rewarded for their length of membership, provided they remained active.

Many companies do it as do alot of web sites so it would not be anything unusual.
Back to top Go down
Sam_Garland

Sam_Garland

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.   SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. EmptyTue 15 Aug 2006, 03:54

Lunah_c wrote:
Angus wrote:
LOL,

You really hate being questioned don't you?

If that is a statement why is it followed by a question mark?

Lunah, 'don't you?' is a question, not a statement...

Anyway, this thread is for suggestions. If people think of a reason why one might not work, then it's best to say it and sort it out - that way the suggestions can develop into ideas that could really be put into action.
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.   SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. EmptyTue 15 Aug 2006, 11:19

Ignore her at the moment Sam, she seems in a right argumentitive mood.
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

Number of posts : 397
Location : I like it here, but I have a summer home in reality
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.   SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. EmptyTue 15 Aug 2006, 13:47

On Ciao, in a way members ARE rewarded for length of service - with points and dots - for many people, that IS a reward.

Length of service does not guarantee quality of review - there are and have been plenty of members who have had long service but nevertheless never learned to write.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.   SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. EmptyTue 15 Aug 2006, 15:22

Quote :
On Ciao, in a way members ARE rewarded for length of service - with points and dots - for many people, that IS a reward.

Length of service does not guarantee quality of review - there are and have been plenty of members who have had long service but nevertheless never learned to write.

Then what would you suggest as improvements ?
Back to top Go down
Post It Note

Post It Note

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2006-06-15

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.   SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. EmptyThu 17 Aug 2006, 21:27

I saw this topic the other day and knew there was something I had thought of once.. I just remembered it! I dont do review alerts (too many emails!) but it would be great if there was a button you could click somewhere that showed new reviews from your COT - or under the link where you already have buddies just a little marker to show they have written a review you havent read yet.. something like that!
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.   SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. EmptyThu 17 Aug 2006, 21:29

I find that the alerts work well like that, and you are never obliged to read them all.
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.   SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. EmptyFri 18 Aug 2006, 10:24

I do have a few people on alerts and I think they are all in my CoT and even then I only use it as a shortlist to read from. Thats not to say i don't read from the top 100 but its a way of staying up with your perfered writers.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Martinscholes

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.   SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. EmptySat 26 Aug 2006, 21:36

I think people over 50 should get extra rewards.

Why? 'Cos then I'd have something to look forward to for my next birthday! Smile
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.   SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. EmptySat 26 Aug 2006, 21:49

Oh goodie. I am 54 so does that include me ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.   SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO. Empty

Back to top Go down

SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE CIAO.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next