www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number

Go down 
+9
lisa2062
dididave
atticusuk
steerpyke
Ailran
spoilt_little_brat
liz1102
Thingywhatsit
brax
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

How many Dooyoo reads in a day
What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number Vote_lcap14%What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number Vote_lcap29%What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number Vote_lcap29%What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number Vote_lcap14%What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
 14% [ 1 ]
What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number Vote_lcap0%What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
brax

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2006-12-11

What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number Empty
PostSubject: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number EmptyMon 11 Dec 2006, 15:18

My accoutn got blocked for rapid clicking!

Return ratio on reads was very low, was told my a member to read more so I did and got suspended.

What is the correct course of action when it comes to reads.

how many in a minute etc.

I had new account for over 3 weeks and in that time read less than 50 reviews.

Felt it was right to increase the reads.....repeating myself now.

How do other members feel about this
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number EmptyMon 11 Dec 2006, 15:21

There is a vast difference between reading and clicking. If you truly read a review, then surely this would not be an issue, since it would take you time to do so. I think dooyoo are very tolerant to the fact that many reviewers have already read reviews on the other side and give a bit of allowance for this, so you must really have been reading fast.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
liz1102

liz1102

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2006-10-09

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number EmptyMon 11 Dec 2006, 15:21

Its not about reads in a day, its about how long you take to read a review. If you're constantly 'reading' reviews of over 1000 words in less than a couple of minutes they are going to get suspicious because you can't read that fast! Dooyoo can tell how long between rates, and how long you have a review open for.
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number EmptyMon 11 Dec 2006, 15:29

If you are just reading reviews it is obvious you are not interested in the review and will just be doing it to get reads yourself. I only read reviews from people in my friends list or reviews I am interested in.
Back to top Go down
brax

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2006-12-11

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number EmptyMon 11 Dec 2006, 20:23

what is wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

Number of posts : 1427

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number EmptyMon 11 Dec 2006, 22:00

well you wont be doing yourself any favours. People like you join sites like dooyoo and ciao everyday and people see that you just rate for reads yourself or to make 3p and in the end dont bother reading your stuff.

Getting in the community and writing good reviews will get you more reads in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number EmptySun 17 Dec 2006, 19:15

I think the message above says it all. In my case I stopped reading your reviews, apart from when i forgot, because they never had much of an opinion in them and you never bothered 'reading' back.

And the answer to your question about how many should you read in a minute... the answer is depends on how long the reviews are and how fast you read!
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number EmptyMon 18 Dec 2006, 00:02

Actually that poll at the top needs one more option to chose. "I really don't get what this site is all about"
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number EmptyMon 18 Dec 2006, 13:05

Bit of a pointless vote trying to put a number on it. I must admit I will look at the number of ratings given to reads received and ignore a member who puts nothing back however that does not mean they have to read my reviews just be active on the site.
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number EmptyMon 18 Dec 2006, 13:18

atticusuk wrote:
Bit of a pointless vote trying to put a number on it. I must admit I will look at the number of ratings given to reads received and ignore a member who puts nothing back however that does not mean they have to read my reviews just be active on the site.

Precisely. Someone who reads nothing but posts loads will not get many reads from me. However, if you are going to bother reading a review I would suggest actually reading it as the powers that be can easily tell if you do not.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number EmptyMon 18 Dec 2006, 18:34

Yes, but what if you've just read the same review on ciao? If I've just read and rated someone's review other there, then I don't read it all over again I just give it the same rate. Only problem might be with that, is dooyoo might think I'm rating some reviews too quickly, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number EmptyMon 18 Dec 2006, 18:43

Problem with that is that dooyoo would say if you have just read it on ciao why would you rate it on dooyoo other than to give that person money?
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
lisa2062

lisa2062

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number EmptyMon 18 Dec 2006, 18:52

True! However I know members read/rate mine on both sides, as do I. Do you do the same, or do you only rate the review once? Lisa x
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number EmptyMon 18 Dec 2006, 19:01

I think the question is more about rapidly going through something like 50 reviews instead of just one that gets Dooyoo's attention.
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number EmptyMon 18 Dec 2006, 19:05

If I have read on one site and I see it on the other I tend to skim it quicker to see if there were any changes I can rememeber but to be honest I don't completely re-read it again, but I wouldn't open and rate straight away.

You are right berlioz, it is the rapid clicking of lots of reviews that catches their attention but even one review, if it has been rated straight away can flag up on their "warning" list.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number EmptyMon 18 Dec 2006, 19:42

I quickly skim other it, as like you said they may have made some changes. I wonder though if the review has to be opened for a certain amount of time, before your rating time is acceptable?
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number EmptyMon 18 Dec 2006, 19:47

I think it is just common sense in terms of time, he will see what he thinks is realistic to enable that person to have read the review.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number EmptyMon 18 Dec 2006, 20:19

Another safe way of doing it is to have one review open on ciao, one on dooyoo, read one and rate it and then read the other. That way you know that the amount of time you took was maximal and there is no risk.
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number EmptyTue 19 Dec 2006, 01:16

That of course depending whether it is posted on both sites at the same time.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number EmptyTue 19 Dec 2006, 12:12

Thingywhatsit wrote:
Another safe way of doing it is to have one review open on ciao, one on dooyoo, read one and rate it and then read the other. That way you know that the amount of time you took was maximal and there is no risk.

I am SO relieved you wrote that - this is what I usually do and if you do it too then it MUST be OK.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number EmptyTue 19 Dec 2006, 12:22

berlioz wrote:
That of course depending whether it is posted on both sites at the same time.

My advice is to read one of Jani reviews that will make it look like you are spending time reading them as the take at least 20 minutes to read.

Unfortuntely this is not because of the engrossing text rather after 20 seconds you will fall asleep and wake up in a pool of dribble 19.5 minutes later.

Only joking my Finnish scribe Cool Seasons greeting to you and may the elks wine flow freely.
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number EmptyTue 19 Dec 2006, 14:22

Elks wine? Are you drunk?
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number EmptyTue 19 Dec 2006, 16:16

Moose or Elk - same difference. And as discussed elsewhere, you need a big piece of bacon to wrap a moose.
Back to top Go down
CareBear

CareBear

Number of posts : 135

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number EmptyTue 19 Dec 2006, 20:03

Thingywhatsit wrote:

Why do this? Unless you are openly giving people rates on both sites, which, I would have thought, amounts to something naughty, surely you would only read on one site? Why read it twice?

The more people read the ops and not the writer the better the site would be.

I guess, answering my own question, that you could argue that peer review "requires" you to rate on both sites even if you have read before, but why actively seek the ops out?

No
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number EmptyTue 19 Dec 2006, 20:11

No you have misunderstood. I am not reading the same reviews. I read one on ciao, I read one on dooyoo, alternately. Not the same writers, just whoever I am reading.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number Empty

Back to top Go down

What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next