www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reads On Dooyoo

Go down 
+8
WendyBull
helencbradshaw
sugarnspice
masterblaster1982
atticusuk
jaggynettles
Thingywhatsit
dididave
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
marcelle

Reads On Dooyoo Empty
PostSubject: Reads On Dooyoo   Reads On Dooyoo EmptyMon 13 Mar 2006, 21:41

Just something that I have been thinking about for a few days now. How many reads on average do you get per review? I know that this will depend on what sort of review you do, how long you have been on Dooyoo for and of course how well your liked.

I tend to wait until I have 60+ reads before I submit another review. Do you think I am being greedy? bounce
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2006-03-01

Reads On Dooyoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reads On Dooyoo   Reads On Dooyoo EmptyMon 13 Mar 2006, 22:37

I post quite prolifically at about two or three a week and average 30 to 40 reads. I do read and rate my fair share too though and as long as you are doing that you will always get a decent return for your efforts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

Reads On Dooyoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reads On Dooyoo   Reads On Dooyoo EmptyMon 13 Mar 2006, 23:24

I am more interested in how many reads I get by the public really.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
marcelle

Reads On Dooyoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reads On Dooyoo   Reads On Dooyoo EmptyTue 14 Mar 2006, 00:09

Admin wrote:
I am more interested in how many reads I get by the public really.

why would this be the case? as you get nothing for that
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Reads On Dooyoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reads On Dooyoo   Reads On Dooyoo EmptyTue 14 Mar 2006, 00:11

Yes I do. I get the satisfaction that I wrote a review that the public read and it is for them that we write not the dooyoo or ciao readership.
Back to top Go down
marcelle

Reads On Dooyoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reads On Dooyoo   Reads On Dooyoo EmptyTue 14 Mar 2006, 00:15

Admin wrote:
Yes I do. I get the satisfaction that I wrote a review that the public read and it is for them that we write not the dooyoo or ciao readership.

Well I guess your right in a certain way but on the other hand we write to make some pennies too. or at least I do
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Reads On Dooyoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reads On Dooyoo   Reads On Dooyoo EmptyTue 14 Mar 2006, 00:28

I gave up caring about the pennies years ago. Dooyoo pay a lot better but all I get is a pile of amazon vouchers that I hardly ever spend so whats the excitement in that for me personally ?
Back to top Go down
marcelle

Reads On Dooyoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reads On Dooyoo   Reads On Dooyoo EmptyTue 14 Mar 2006, 00:39

Well send me those Amazon vouchers and I will spend for you hehe

Well today I have recieved over 30 reads since I put my review on at the back oh 1.
Back to top Go down
jaggynettles

jaggynettles

Number of posts : 80

Reads On Dooyoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reads On Dooyoo   Reads On Dooyoo EmptyTue 14 Mar 2006, 11:03

I always find the first few hours of posting you get an average of around 30 reads... and then it starts slowing down.

I get an average of around 50 reads per review but this can go up to 70 if i don't post anything for a week / ten days.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

Reads On Dooyoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reads On Dooyoo   Reads On Dooyoo EmptyTue 14 Mar 2006, 11:10

That sounds pretty typical for me as well, I average in the 40's however if I do not write anything but continue to rate for a while it will rise into the 60's and 70's especially during the holidays when the active membership goes up a bit.

If you do not read and rate then you ould probably not get much more than 30 reads / rates as people recognise that you are not putting back into the site.
Back to top Go down
masterblaster1982

masterblaster1982

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2006-03-12

Reads On Dooyoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reads On Dooyoo   Reads On Dooyoo EmptyTue 14 Mar 2006, 18:07

i only from 13 - 30 member reads for each review and post from about 4 days up to a mouth, as i only post video game reviews it depends on what games i've bought or have lent.

disapointed in the reads for my resident evil 4 on the ps2 got, only 13 and only 10 rated for some reson (although they were all vh)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps2review.co.uk
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Reads On Dooyoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reads On Dooyoo   Reads On Dooyoo EmptyTue 14 Mar 2006, 18:10

But how does this compare with how many reads you perform ? That's something that matters a great deal.
Back to top Go down
jaggynettles

jaggynettles

Reads On Dooyoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reads On Dooyoo   Reads On Dooyoo EmptyTue 14 Mar 2006, 19:09

masterblaster1982 wrote:
disapointed in the reads for my resident evil 4 on the ps2 got, only 13 and only 10 rated for some reson (although they were all vh)

Hiya masterblaster1982 - I've just had a look at your stats and you haven't rated that many reviews since you joined. You'll probably get more reads if your read and rate other people's reviews more often. If people see your name on others ratings they get to know ya and will click on your name to see if you've written any reviews recently.

If it's mainly ps2 games you review, you'd do well to read and rate on this list here regularly:

http://members.dooyoo.co.uk/toplist/reviews/34/
Back to top Go down
masterblaster1982

masterblaster1982

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2006-03-12

Reads On Dooyoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reads On Dooyoo   Reads On Dooyoo EmptyTue 14 Mar 2006, 19:49

thanks for the advice Nicola, the problem with me i think is that i only read ones that i have tryed my self or are very intersested in.
i read double on ciao manly because theres more reviews posted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps2review.co.uk
jaggynettles

jaggynettles

Reads On Dooyoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reads On Dooyoo   Reads On Dooyoo EmptyTue 14 Mar 2006, 20:04

Yeh -I know what you mean. I got a lot more reads on Ciao too but I prefer DooYoo as a site so I'm a happy . albino

OT: LOL.. that bunny smilie is called "albino" - che strano!
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Reads On Dooyoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reads On Dooyoo   Reads On Dooyoo EmptyTue 14 Mar 2006, 20:56

That is definately the case, if I do not recognise the name as being someone who has rated my work I will check out their home page for the stats before I read their review unless it is really a product I want to find out about.

As games and films hold little interest for me that rules out a lot of reviews.
Back to top Go down
sugarnspice

sugarnspice

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2006-03-07

Reads On Dooyoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reads On Dooyoo   Reads On Dooyoo EmptyFri 17 Mar 2006, 07:26

dididave wrote:
I do read and rate my fair share too though and as long as you are doing that you will always get a decent return for your efforts.

I've been a bit naughty recently in that respect. I've rated around 400 less than the amount i've been rated Embarassed I'm sorry, grovel grovel grovel 'n all that but I wanna be a selfishly lazy post and runner just for a little while cos everyone else has had their turn and I think it's only fair I now get my turn.
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

Reads On Dooyoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reads On Dooyoo   Reads On Dooyoo EmptyFri 17 Mar 2006, 10:04

sugarnspice wrote:
dididave wrote:
I do read and rate my fair share too though and as long as you are doing that you will always get a decent return for your efforts.

I've been a bit naughty recently in that respect. I've rated around 400 less than the amount i've been rated Embarassed I'm sorry, grovel grovel grovel 'n all that but I wanna be a selfishly lazy post and runner just for a little while cos everyone else has had their turn and I think it's only fair I now get my turn.

My view has changed of all that anyhow. As a site I don't think dooyoo could care less whether people post and run or read and rate as it is still another review (and in your case an ok one) in the database. All I say is that if people moan about reads going down and they are not reading and ating then they should not be surprised. Opinionators are after all a shallow bunch, if you don't read them they don't read you.

I did something similar on ciao and am still behind in relation to reads compared to reads gotten (wait for the jump on my terrible non-word from the apostrophe posse!). I was down to less than 20 reads per review at one point. It's only since I got reading again my reads have gone up. You reap what you so I guess.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Reads On Dooyoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reads On Dooyoo   Reads On Dooyoo EmptyFri 17 Mar 2006, 11:32

sugarnspice wrote:

The shortfall is all relative, if you have rated a few thousand reviews already then a gap of 400 is not really that significant statistically as there are plenty of regular writers who are also active raters but have fewer rates given to rates received, it is only significant when you have rated relatively few times or the people who have produced double figure reviews but have not even reached that number of rates given.

Having said that I will remove you from my alerts until you get your act together and get off your lazy arse and start reading again Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
sugarnspice

sugarnspice

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2006-03-07

Reads On Dooyoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reads On Dooyoo   Reads On Dooyoo EmptyFri 17 Mar 2006, 11:37

atticusuk wrote:

Having said that I will remove you from my alerts until you get your act together and get off your lazy arse and start reading again Twisted Evil

You're a silly ass for using alerts anyway. And I have no plans to get off my lazy arse to either cross post, read reviews and definitely not write reviews for the foreseeable future (well until i'm skint and need an Amazon voucher or two that is Wink )
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Reads On Dooyoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reads On Dooyoo   Reads On Dooyoo EmptySat 18 Mar 2006, 11:23

sugarnspice wrote:

You're a silly ass for using alerts anyway. Wink )

Fooled you I do not use alerts jocolor
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Reads On Dooyoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reads On Dooyoo   Reads On Dooyoo EmptySat 18 Mar 2006, 11:38

Quote :
As a site I don't think dooyoo could care less whether people post and run or read and rate as it is still another review (and in your case an ok one) in the database.

Dooyoo may not care, but imagine if every member did that the chaos that would ensue.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

Reads On Dooyoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reads On Dooyoo   Reads On Dooyoo EmptySat 18 Mar 2006, 16:12

It might benefit Dooyoo TO post and run. They get their hits and presumably revenue from their non members after all - and they don't have to pay for members reading stuff that they might not even care about, just to get a few reciprocal reads from members..I used to post and run on Dooyoo, as I didn't like the place, and posted very little anyway but now it's easier to get products added, I stick around a lot more than on any other site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Reads On Dooyoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reads On Dooyoo   Reads On Dooyoo EmptySat 18 Mar 2006, 16:14

I used to post and run on ciao but have never really done that on dooyoo. It always seemed much clearer and recently since using dooyoo more, you can see quite clearly at the top how many you read and how many read you, and I believe in fairness all round really. Too late to catch up on ciao, but all we can do is do what time allows us to.
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

Reads On Dooyoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reads On Dooyoo   Reads On Dooyoo EmptySun 19 Mar 2006, 13:28

Thingywhatsit wrote:
Quote :
As a site I don't think dooyoo could care less whether people post and run or read and rate as it is still another review (and in your case an ok one) in the database.

Dooyoo may not care, but imagine if every member did that the chaos that would ensue.

Why would that be the case? The only people left rating would be the ones genuinely interested in the review.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reads On Dooyoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reads On Dooyoo   Reads On Dooyoo Empty

Back to top Go down

Reads On Dooyoo
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next