www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number

Go down 
+9
lisa2062
dididave
atticusuk
steerpyke
Ailran
spoilt_little_brat
liz1102
Thingywhatsit
brax
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

How many Dooyoo reads in a day
What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
 14% [ 1 ]
What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Dec 2006, 20:23

koshkha wrote:
Moose or Elk - same difference. And as discussed elsewhere, you need a big piece of bacon to wrap a moose.

The solution lies in cross breeding pigs with hippos.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Dec 2006, 20:25

I never actively seek out the same review on both sides, it just happens that way. On a small number of occasions I have read say a review on ciao, gone on to dooyoo and come across the same review but under a different title. As I'm reading it, I soon realize that the review is the same one I've already read, and sometimes parts of it have been altered. I still rate it, as I'm not one of those people who read but not rate. Also I still feel it's important to rate a review (albeit for a second time), so that people using dooyoo will be able to seek out reviews that members consider being the most helpful. remember we're only talking pence here, so on occasions when I rate a review twice, the member is hardly going to become a millionaire. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Dec 2006, 22:44

koshkha wrote:
Moose or Elk - same difference. And as discussed elsewhere, you need a big piece of bacon to wrap a moose.

I thought you said mouse. Make up your mind!

On topic (as if that's possible), I only read the same reviews twice should they come my way, not otherwise.
Back to top Go down
CareBear

CareBear

Number of posts : 135

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Dec 2006, 12:05

Thingywhatsit wrote:
No you have misunderstood. I am not reading the same reviews. I read one on ciao, I read one on dooyoo, alternately. Not the same writers, just whoever I am reading.

I did misunderstand you, but, even now I do understand, I'm not sure I do, if you get my drift!

If you are actually reading both ops then why the need to have them open simultaneously. You are not going to fall foul of the timing beasts if you are reading....
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Dec 2006, 15:29

No though I don't want to fall foul of the system by anyone thinking that I am not reading. I read pretty fast and especially the shorter dooyoo ones. They really take only seconds to read and knowing how sensitive an issue it is, I am perhaps being extra careful.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Dec 2006, 15:36

Rachel, do you want to borrow a shovel or is that hole deep enough now?
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Dec 2006, 16:04

LOL, pass me the shovel.
Back to top Go down
CareBear

CareBear

Number of posts : 135

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Dec 2006, 16:54

LOL!

Seriously though, I read fast (heck, my job demanded it) but have never had an issue.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Dec 2006, 16:56

Nor me. I suppose in the old days, it was a matter of giving equally to both sites, though they don't give equally back, so I tend to prefer rating on dooyoo to rating on ciao these days. I get alerts for many members on ciao and tend to read them in between other readings on dooyoo as I do consider many of the writers on ciao as friends after all this time.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Dec 2006, 11:33

If someone is in my CoT on Ciao, then I have a responsibility to read them - that's part of buddyhood.

If they also regularly read me on dooyoo then I owe them a read back.

If they post the same on both sites, then I'll look at them both times - but I don't actually 'read' it the second time.

I don't see the issue with double reading - it's about CoT responsibility. Otherwise I'd be having to decide 'do I read this on ciao where they'll get a ha'penny but it might be really good and I might leave an E - or do I wait until it's on dooyoo where they get 3p but I can't show how much I like the review?'.

Life's too short - I just open on both. But if someone's not in both CoT's then I'll try to read it at least once.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Dec 2006, 11:40

Quote :
If someone is in my CoT on Ciao, then I have a responsibility to read them - that's part of buddyhood

You make buddyhood sound like an obligation. I don't see it like that. Yes, I read everyone in my cot through choice not obligation because they are there because I enjoy their style of writing.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Dec 2006, 13:26

I said 'responsibility'. That's not the same as obligation.

If it was a chore they wouldn't be in my CoT to start with.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Dec 2006, 13:33

steerpyke wrote:
Rachel, do you want to borrow a shovel or is that hole deep enough now?

Fill it in and use that posh lawnmower she has to flatten it out. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number   What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is the policy on Dooyoo reads? Is there a set number
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2