www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.

Go down 
+8
atticusuk
Averilla
drewboy
berlioz
Thingywhatsit
kelr101
helencbradshaw
Ciao's Favourite Member
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. Empty
PostSubject: Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.   Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. EmptyFri 26 Jan 2007, 22:14

And as if by magic...

Ciao Abuse wrote:
Hello,
As we got complaints on your behavior on our website, concerning the rating of reviews, we have set your membership on hold. Please confirm with a reply mail that you agree on the Terms&Conditions, or else we will close your account.
Kind regards,

Ciao UK

I'm certainly living up to my name.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.   Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. EmptyFri 26 Jan 2007, 22:27

so what exactly are you supposed to be agreeing to there.....if you are not asked to explain why you gave the rating in question Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.   Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. EmptyFri 26 Jan 2007, 22:32

The Terms and Conditions, I think.

At least that's what my email in reply says:

"I do agree with your terms and conditions."

Ciao never identified the rogue rating in question, so I've no idea which one it is, nor has anyone left any messages in my GB with regards to an "offensive" rating.

Oh, hang on... Actually, I think I have a fair idea.
Back to top Go down
kelr101

kelr101

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2006-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.   Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. EmptyFri 26 Jan 2007, 23:06

I think it's disgusting that people discredit themselves by complaining about honest raters (or even those who rate differently to themselves!)
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.   Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. EmptyFri 26 Jan 2007, 23:49

Thats an absolute nonsense, and typical of the kind of email one would expect from ciao.

1. They have not told you in what way you have broken the T & Cs by giving you examples.

2. They have just said do you agree to keep the rules ?

That is so typical and doesn't even explain to you what they consider you did wrong.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.   Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. EmptySat 27 Jan 2007, 01:12

Just goes to show. I once reported a person doing clear revenge rates on me TWICE, and nothing was ever done.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.   Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. EmptySat 27 Jan 2007, 03:20

Meh. To be honest, this just the thing I expect from Ciao and its members (generalisation, I know, but what do you do?) Just when you think Ciao members are actually "getting" the reviewing thing rather than the "community" thing, some idiot does this.

I don't have a high opinion of the Ciao membership and yet, time and time again, they can't even raise themselves to the low standards I set for them.
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.   Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. EmptySat 27 Jan 2007, 05:03

Looking at it another way, could it be that they are just trying to record an action?

I mean, maybe they are not convinced that you have broken a rule but just want clarification that you DO in fact adhere to the rules?

Pretty *Bad Word* way to go about it I admit, but then they are not the best at making good decisions....
Back to top Go down
Averilla

Averilla

Number of posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.   Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. EmptySat 27 Jan 2007, 08:34

I am confused, T&cs state..and I quote..........."Do not allow yourself to be influenced by the ratings given by other members. Base your rating solely on how useful you, personally, found the review to be"

What is Ciao's problem ???
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.   Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. EmptySat 27 Jan 2007, 12:47

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:
And as if by magic...

Ciao Abuse wrote:
Hello,
As we got complaints on your behavior on our website, concerning the rating of reviews, we have set your membership on hold. Please confirm with a reply mail that you agree on the Terms&Conditions, or else we will close your account.
Kind regards,

Ciao UK

I'm certainly living up to my name.

Kick him off, Kick him off, kick him off. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099

PostSubject: Re: Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.   Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. EmptySat 27 Jan 2007, 19:15

maybe its the balaclava they don't like....isnt that a type of Turkish dessert.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.   Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. EmptySat 27 Jan 2007, 19:24

Heehee. It has been brought to my attention that there are a few members that aren't a big fan of my headgear, but I'm not sure that's the issue!
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099

PostSubject: Re: Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.   Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. EmptySat 27 Jan 2007, 19:27

enforced hat wearing in profile pictures is the way forward. I want Phil's ten gallon hat...what a cowboy.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.   Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. EmptySat 27 Jan 2007, 19:28

When I saw Atticsud's posting, I was really tempted to quote you Aaron from another thread and say "Hang him by his tits !" but didn't until now.

I still feel that if a site like ciao or dooyoo suspend the account of a member, they should tell you the exact crime that you are being suspended for. Otherwise it makes a mockery of it all. All they asked is whether you agree to go by the T * Cs and if that is an example of the kind of email they send, and one like this was sent to a copier for example, obviously worded a little different, all that copier would have to do is reply saying like you did that they agree and they are back on the site again.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.   Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. EmptySat 27 Jan 2007, 19:39

Ciao Abuse have always been muppets. Complaints are acted upon without any kind of investigation and crappily worded, threatening emails are sent to the "perp". That's how the Abuse system ended up being used for abusive purposes.

It's happened before to me, though this is the first time the account has been frozen. But I've replied to Ciao and they'll unlock my account on Monday. No big deal.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.   Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. EmptySat 27 Jan 2007, 20:53

I'm stunned. To accuse you of not rating properly without providing any examples (I suppose that's to 'protect' the poor soul you have 'abused') is just pathetic.

It's basically saying 'Play nice with the other kids or we won't let you play at all'. I feel a bland magnolia world coming on.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.   Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. EmptySat 27 Jan 2007, 20:59

It's the way of the Ciao World, K. Ciao Abuse and the Ciao Community in elegant motion.

It's why I prefer Dooyoo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

PostSubject: Re: Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.   Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. EmptySun 28 Jan 2007, 00:28

So why are you even a member on Ciao still?
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.   Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. EmptySun 28 Jan 2007, 00:31

Don't know to whom that was addressed Berni
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

PostSubject: Re: Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.   Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. EmptySun 28 Jan 2007, 00:36

berlioz wrote:
So why are you even a member on Ciao still?

He is there for the high quality reviews, wonderful community and he wants a gold dot.
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

PostSubject: Re: Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.   Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. EmptySun 28 Jan 2007, 00:39

It was for Aaron, Rach... obviously!

And the community spirit rulzzzz!! and the Community Points rulzzzz too!!!

And say Berli, please, Rachel. My name's not Bernard.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.   Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. EmptySun 28 Jan 2007, 00:40

He's not. He's been hung up by the tits.
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

PostSubject: Re: Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.   Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. EmptySun 28 Jan 2007, 00:41

Thingywhatsit wrote:

Now who are YOU talking to Rach? Wink
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

PostSubject: Re: Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.   Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. EmptySun 28 Jan 2007, 00:41

berlioz wrote:

And say Berli, please, Rachel. My name's not Bernard.

I thought it was Jani. Is Berli the bloke from Salford who plays War Hammer?
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.   Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. EmptySun 28 Jan 2007, 00:42

Thingywhatsit wrote:

affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.   Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets. Empty

Back to top Go down

Yet another thread about Ciao, rating and muppets.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next