www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown

Go down 
+8
Ailran
helencbradshaw
steerpyke
Jill Murphy
atticusuk
krazykat2005
tractor-boy
Thingywhatsit
12 posters

DID ANY REVIEWS YOU NOMINATE GET A CROWN
Yes, it happens all the time
Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown Vote_lcap76%Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown Vote_rcap
 76% [ 13 ]
No, the review was not crowned
Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown Vote_lcap6%Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
I didn't nominate any
Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown Vote_lcap18%Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown Empty
PostSubject: Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown   Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown EmptyMon 08 May 2006, 21:01

I am posting the same in the ciao section and it really is idle curiosity.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
tractor-boy

tractor-boy

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2006-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown   Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown EmptyMon 08 May 2006, 21:26

Yes it happens all the time - but then I`m a Guide.
Back to top Go down
krazykat2005

krazykat2005

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2006-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown   Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown EmptyMon 08 May 2006, 21:36

I think I have only ever nominated one or two reviews for crowns in my whole time at dooyoo. I kinda forget the button is there to do it. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown   Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown EmptyMon 08 May 2006, 22:10

Ditto Tractor Boy comment the one review I nominated a couple of week ago crowned.
Back to top Go down
Jill Murphy

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2006-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown   Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown EmptyMon 08 May 2006, 22:30

You forgot the "I wouldn't be so anal as to go and check" option!
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown   Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown EmptyMon 08 May 2006, 22:59

ooooooooops sorry Jill. It was really an experiment to see if nominations make a difference. I believe it does on dooyo but not on ciao. I put the same thread on the ciao section to make a comparison.
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown   Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown EmptyMon 08 May 2006, 23:32

tractor-boy wrote:
Yes it happens all the time - but then I`m a Guide.

same as so my vote probably dosnt really count so much...
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown   Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown EmptyTue 09 May 2006, 00:17

Don't you ever get that ooooow feeling when you go in to see who got crowns and find ones that were really super and that you know you nominated get one. I do. Doesn't happen much on ciao but on a smaller site like dooyoo it does.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown   Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown EmptyTue 09 May 2006, 00:42

i can't say i notice, but then my crown noms are few and far between
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
steerpyke

steerpyke

PostSubject: Re: Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown   Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown EmptyTue 09 May 2006, 00:46

Thingywhatsit wrote:
....but on a smaller site like dooyoo it does.....

confused
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown   Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown EmptySat 13 May 2006, 02:15

I think Jill has already said what i was going to say... I have no interest in finding out to be honest... once i have nominated that will be the last time i look at that review
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown   Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown EmptySat 13 May 2006, 08:43

Okay it is probably a ciaoism, although I see people writing about the standard of diamonds all the time and to me I rarely nominate and am interested in whether my vote does anything. We know it does not on ciao and I think it's not a question of glorification, it's a question of whether our vote does anything. It would appear to on dooyoo although my nominations on ciao don't seem to hold much water.
Back to top Go down
Emma1973

Emma1973

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2006-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown   Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown EmptySun 14 May 2006, 12:17

I didnt nominate any cos I just went on for the first time in ages, read about 20 reviews, not one was crownworthy and I only gave about 3 VU's, the standard is sooooo going down!
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

PostSubject: Re: Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown   Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown EmptySun 14 May 2006, 13:11

totally agree but the site is based on number of hits rather than standard of writing so its bound to happen, unfortunatley. Still just revel in the good writers to be found there and ignore the "quick buck" writers..Dave
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown   Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown EmptySun 14 May 2006, 16:45

I have nominated a couple of reviews to get a crown, but as of yet they haven't received one. I'm always pleased and the same goes for over on Ciao, when I personally think a review is of a very high standard and my vote helps that person get the recognition I think they deserve.
Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
Cerberus

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2006-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown   Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 00:38

Since the new gals taken over awarding crowns the guides take has gone up some 24%.Time to hit back on behalf of the members me thinks.When the guides give you two 'not usefuls' for 900 word pieces.. its taking the piss.
Back to top Go down
Cerberus

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2006-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown   Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 01:10

The explanation is ,misguided, devicive and unfair
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685

PostSubject: Re: Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown   Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 01:15

Cerberus wrote:

It is clear, concise and obvious, actually.
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

PostSubject: Re: Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown   Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 10:30

Cerberus wrote:

Have to agree that the reasons laid out behind your NU are extremly clear and seemed to be backed up very conclusively by the cat. guides knowledge of the product. I have fallen foul of the DVD/ Film posting rules in the past, but once they are laided out they are quite obvious. Maybe we should all read the small print every now and again?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown   Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown Empty

Back to top Go down

Did any reviews that you nominated get a crown
Page 1 of 1