www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO.

Go down 
+8
Angus
atticusuk
spoilt_little_brat
badcompany77
kelr101
helencbradshaw
kgray71
Thingywhatsit
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jesi

jesi

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2006-02-14

LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO.   LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO. - Page 2 EmptySun 20 Aug 2006, 10:50

The problem, as I see it, is the putting of someone on the spot who might not wish to put another person on the spot.

I have only rare forays into the cafe myself these days . . .

. . . not that 70 reviews in a couple months short of 4 years (or even in just over 18 months review-writing) is exactly "churning" anyway . . .

But I hate being put on the spot, or putting others on the spot . . .

Arrow

Question
Back to top Go down
jesi

jesi

PostSubject: Re: LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO.   LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO. - Page 2 EmptySun 20 Aug 2006, 10:54

kelr101 wrote:
Ah sorry Art...didn't realise that was your nickname Smile

Reminds me of my sometime reaction when someone sighs:

"O dear!"

("You called?)

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
jesi

jesi

PostSubject: Re: LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO.   LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO. - Page 2 EmptySun 20 Aug 2006, 11:07

Thingywhatsit wrote:
You are asked to profile a member.

Actually, I think it is not so much "Profile" as "Esteem"

. . . and, as such, there need not be ANY personal information . . .

. . . beyond identification of the "personna" and what you appreciate . . .

After all, minimum review length is actually only 120 words Arrow

lol!
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO.   LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO. - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Aug 2006, 21:57

Well thank heavens you can only be done once !!
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO.   LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO. - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Aug 2006, 23:22

Do you think the tag is better now that the initiator was persuaded to widen it out to three people per 'tag'? I don't recognise a lot of the names of people getting tagged - I chose to do people I thought others would not have heard of. Is that still bad?.....I have to say I didn't know there was an issue on writing about other members but I liked that the lady who started the challenge did it to try to bring a bit of 'niceness' at a time when people seemed to be falling out a lot.............BTW hello! this is my first post and I haven't really got a clue what I'm doing. pale
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO.   LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO. - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Aug 2006, 23:26

Well you did okay. Yes, I think it widens the challenge now that three people are to be included and the more I read about that I didn't know, the better I think. I thought about it because when you are tagged you are supposed to do the tagging. Not sure how I feel about it, but I may tag newbies that no one has heard of, because they merit it. Maybe. Still thinking about it. bom flower
Back to top Go down
jesi

jesi

PostSubject: Re: LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO.   LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO. - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Aug 2006, 01:49

well Ciao is having a "technical update" and apologise for the inconvenience, so . . .

. . . will we have a site to come back to?

................................................................ Arrow ......................
Back to top Go down
jesi

jesi

PostSubject: Re: LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO.   LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO. - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Aug 2006, 01:51

Quote :
Service temporarily unavailable

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are currently updating the system. Please check back later.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Back to top Go down
jesi

jesi

PostSubject: Welcome, koshkha!   LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO. - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Aug 2006, 01:55

koshkha wrote:
. . . BTW hello! this is my first post pale

sunny

sunny

sunny

it's nice to see you here! flower
Back to top Go down
anonymili

anonymili

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO.   LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO. - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Aug 2006, 10:11

I was one of the earlier people to be tagged and I wasn't happy about it as I've avoided those sort of challenges until now. The reasons given in the earlier posts on this topic all came to mind, but I bit the bullet and just went with it, trying not to think about all the bad things that might be associated with posting a review like that. I've been nominated in lots of other cafe challenges in the last year or so which I've mostly ignored (politely, or course) but what I'm trying to say is after I did it various members left me private messages saying they were glad I hadn't tagged them, I know how they felt, but let's hope they all get tagged now and have to make that horrid choice of who (or which 3) to pick *evil grin*
Back to top Go down
jesi

jesi

PostSubject: Re: LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO.   LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO. - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Aug 2006, 10:28

millieroy wrote:
I was one of the earlier people to be tagged and I wasn't happy about it as I've avoided those sort of challenges until now . . . . after I did it various members left me private messages saying they were glad I hadn't tagged them, I know how they felt, but let's hope they all get tagged now and have to make that horrid choice of who (or which 3) to pick *evil grin*

At least I was open in my comment about being glad you hadn't tagged me ~ but ~ to put three people on the spot ~ was slightly less personal ~ and as MY tagging was the "second version" from the original author, the three of us chosen "got off" very lightly in the amount of information disseminated about us.

Besides, I indirectly "Tagged" all my CoT ~ and anyone else interested (as my third person) ~ I dislike "Exclusivity" and with it being opened out to three persons from one ~ left the door more open to alternate interpretations

Give me three wishes? My third wish will always be for "three more wishes tomorrow" (but you couldn't use your ONLY wish to wish for another one tomorrow)!

lol!
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532

PostSubject: Re: LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO.   LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO. - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Aug 2006, 10:36

I wish I was rich.
Back to top Go down
anonymili

anonymili

PostSubject: Re: LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO.   LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO. - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Aug 2006, 10:37

LOL Jesi, good point about the wishes! I just don't want to be "tagged" or "nominated" again. Here's wishing...
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO.   LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO. - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Aug 2006, 10:37

You sure that's on the right thread ? The other one is about the zero balances on ciao.
Back to top Go down
jesi

jesi

PostSubject: Re: LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO.   LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO. - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Aug 2006, 11:01

Thingywhatsit wrote:
You sure that's on the right thread ? The other one is about the zero balances on ciao.

Isn't cross-posting allowed?

Berlioz wrote:
I wish I was rich.

They were "updating" far later last night than I expected, and started very early ~ usually the
Quote :
zero balances
are about 3-4am while all the previous day's rates and surveys are counted and added ~ I expect a system somewhere crashed and needed restoring.

drunken
Back to top Go down
jesi

jesi

PostSubject: Re: LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO.   LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO. - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Aug 2006, 12:10

millieroy wrote:
I know how they felt, but let's hope they all get tagged now and have to make that horrid choice of who (or which 3) to pick *evil grin*

You could always UPDATE your original one as per the REVISED STANDARD version and TAG a few more who you feel should be suitably chastened.

I dislike the current trend to "nominate" xxx to do a questionaire type challenge as there are only so many questions you can answer ~ most of the ones I have done I have had to alter in some way as I do not "fit" the pattern.

Also, if the challenge is too prescriptive with little room for originality, it is not one for me Embarassed bounce too restrictive
Back to top Go down
jesi

jesi

PostSubject: Re: LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO.   LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO. - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Aug 2006, 12:23

Thingywhatsit wrote:

OK, where is this other thread? they are now dealing with it ~ the service is temporarily unavailable again while they update the system

bounce Arrow Embarassed bounce affraid Embarassed bounce Arrow Embarassed bounce affraid Embarassed bounce Arrow Embarassed bounce affraid Embarassed bounce Arrow Embarassed bounce

I had just rated a new review and wanted to make a comment . . .
Back to top Go down
anonymili

anonymili

PostSubject: Re: LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO.   LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO. - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Aug 2006, 00:01

I have no intention of editing my review to write about 2 more people, it was hard enough in the first place. Just imagine I nominate 2 more people - I just know they'll get their revenge within a short time LOL! I'm staying well clear from this type of review in future Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO.   LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

LATEST CHALLENGE ON CIAO.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2