www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CIAO IS BACK but money gone !

Go down 
+20
Martinscholes
fabulous_girl
kellylouj
Newfloridian
Amazingwoo
Louizalass
lisa2062
masterblaster1982
Louise90
garleon
Sam_Garland
helencbradshaw
steerpyke
Lunah_c
Angus
anonymili
susan1967
berlioz
koshkha
Thingywhatsit
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO IS BACK but money gone !   CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Aug 2006, 20:10

Me too, I requested £43 last month (on the 20th) and had another £23 to ask for this month. I'd be pretty p*ssed off if I lost all of it. Dooyoo is looking more attractive by the moment. Does anyone know if they are any more reliable?
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: CIAO IS BACK but money gone !   CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Aug 2006, 20:29

They certainly seem very reliable both with vouchers and will cheques.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2006-02-27

PostSubject: Re: CIAO IS BACK but money gone !   CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Aug 2006, 20:45

Only thing with them is that it appears your miles expire...which I did not know.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: CIAO IS BACK but money gone !   CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Aug 2006, 20:54

Yes but you are given warning in advance.
Back to top Go down
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

PostSubject: Re: CIAO IS BACK but money gone !   CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Aug 2006, 20:56

Are you? I don't recall anything. Why do they expire though, I earned them so should keep them.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: CIAO IS BACK but money gone !   CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Aug 2006, 20:59

I think they did it because of members that never come back, or maybe one of the guides can explain it better than me.
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: CIAO IS BACK but money gone !   CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Aug 2006, 21:17

I haven't a clue why they expire to be honest (might ask that question in the forum) but it makes ense for it to be for writers who post one or two then run away. They are valid for one year on a rolling basis then you get 30 days warning I think of how many will expire so you can cash out or lose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

PostSubject: Re: CIAO IS BACK but money gone !   CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Aug 2006, 21:36

I don't log in that often, and obviously not in the 30 day warning period...problem is I didn't have enough to cash out so no choice. seems a little unfair as my only option was to just write lodas of reviews and then hope for loads of rates.
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: CIAO IS BACK but money gone !   CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Aug 2006, 21:49

They expire because people never come back and they sit there for ages. When you work out your net profit against outgoings and there are a copule of thousand accounts with a couple of hundred points in each you look like you owe more money than you actualey do.

I think that is why they expire them after a year or 6 months.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: CIAO IS BACK but money gone !   CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Aug 2006, 21:50

koshkha wrote:
Me too, I requested £43 last month (on the 20th) and had another £23 to ask for this month. I'd be pretty p*ssed off if I lost all of it. Dooyoo is looking more attractive by the moment. Does anyone know if they are any more reliable?

I am intrigued to know how you made £23 in a month on Ciao?
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: CIAO IS BACK but money gone !   CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Aug 2006, 22:52

£11.50 in the bonus fund for July when I wrote like a demon and got 5 E-overall reviews plus a few surveys. And all my paid for reviews were categories I requested so were first reviews on double bubble.
Back to top Go down
Zmugzy

Zmugzy

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2006-08-25

PostSubject: Re: CIAO IS BACK but money gone !   CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Aug 2006, 22:56

I would just like to add that I too have 0.00 in my Ciao account when there should be £30 - I wasn't aware of the bad history - I certainly won't be writing there again if my cash doesn't turn up.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: CIAO IS BACK but money gone !   CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Aug 2006, 23:03

don't be alarmist. It has always come back so far.
Back to top Go down
Zmugzy

Zmugzy

PostSubject: Re: CIAO IS BACK but money gone !   CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Aug 2006, 23:54

ok I'll take you're word for it :-)
Back to top Go down
Zmugzy

Zmugzy

PostSubject: Re: CIAO IS BACK but money gone !   CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Aug 2006, 23:54

ok I'll take you're word for it :-)
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: CIAO IS BACK but money gone !   CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Aug 2006, 00:22

koshkha wrote:

dooyoo are reliable, pay very quickly. I always go for vouchers though, never cash, as I typically cash out at £10 or £20. (Fairly often)

That said, Ciao have not been unreliable with paying out. Apart from one or two isolated but well documented cases . Personally I have never had a problem. I too am waiting for two requests I did in quick succession (they paid out the PF in quick succession for June and July, so I had a decent payout for a change)

I've seen the earnings drop to £0 temporarily, but never as long as this. That said they will have a backup copy of their database somewhere to restore the problem, I just hope they dont lose the last few days transactions (which has happened in the past) - as I posted today and that might mean I lose 8p or so. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
garleon

garleon

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2006-03-03

PostSubject: Re: CIAO IS BACK but money gone !   CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Aug 2006, 03:48

Well folks I'm just a bit sick of the lack of information from Ciao. Are our ratings getting rewarded? Are the reviews we are writing while this "technical problem" goes on, earning any cash? And if they DO have huge technical problems why can they still send out surveys, I have had 2 since the problems started. Personally I have contacted my local trading standards to give them a push. If you want to do the same visit
http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/
then find your local office.

If they would JUST KEEP US INFORMED!!
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: CIAO IS BACK but money gone !   CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Aug 2006, 08:39

The way to tell is to see if there is a change to our income when it comes back I suppose. I wonder if new members are being paid. None of them come up as rating valid, but if they are then that might be an indication that accounts are being credited with the odd pennies. I may ask one and see.
Back to top Go down
Newfloridian

Newfloridian

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2006-08-23

PostSubject: Re: CIAO IS BACK but money gone !   CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Aug 2006, 09:52

Still no money this morning. It does look as everything else IS working though. I added a review last night which has attracted the expected number of ratings and comments. I have also rated a Newbie review just now and the rating and comment stuck. Also my points total went up by the requisite amount. What is also intersting is that my total external reads continues to rise apace during these last few day (Interesting that I started my "countdown" just before this happened!). I would therefore conclude there should be no excuse not to be able to recalculate everyone's accounts and to add what is correct for reviews added since the crisis.
Back to top Go down
http://www.craxford-family.co.uk
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: CIAO IS BACK but money gone !   CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Aug 2006, 11:08

It is not an isolated incident and this is the fourth time it has happened in my memory. I remember in 2002 when they did this about 10 of the top writers left.

I hate Ciao so I am biased against them, that is obvious but I am also knowledgeable to the ways and know that this is not just a technical thing but there is usually reason behind their madness.
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: CIAO IS BACK but money gone !   CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Aug 2006, 10:15

Money's back!
Back to top Go down
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

PostSubject: Re: CIAO IS BACK but money gone !   CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Aug 2006, 12:28

I just tried twice to rate a review and both times it came back saying the review had not been rated yet...argghhhhh!!!
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: CIAO IS BACK but money gone !   CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Aug 2006, 12:50

At least it told you - I did some rating and commenting and nothing stuck but the only way I could tell was because my points balance was still exactly the same.
Back to top Go down
anonymili

anonymili

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: CIAO IS BACK but money gone !   CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Aug 2006, 12:52

My money's all back but as koshka says it's not letting you rate or leave comments now. What a pain in the bum, I've signed out for now!
Back to top Go down
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

PostSubject: Re: CIAO IS BACK but money gone !   CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Aug 2006, 12:55

It didn't tell me. I just noticed that where the rates normally are it says 'This review has not been rated yet'. Makes me wonder how many people have rated and not realised, meaning we could all be losing money...all 10p of it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CIAO IS BACK but money gone !   CIAO IS BACK but money gone ! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

CIAO IS BACK but money gone !
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next