www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY

Go down 
+23
Silverblue
Helix
silver40
tractor-boy
marandina
garleon
lisa2062
Tom_Clare
berlioz
krazykat2005
spoilt_little_brat
drewboy
AimeeLouise18
mattygroves
WendyBull
Mauri
Louise90
Angus
Jill Murphy
Aussieme
dididave
fabulous_girl
Thingywhatsit
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2006-03-01

HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY   HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY - Page 3 EmptyTue 19 Dec 2006, 20:00

Samurai by Jason Hightman is a cracker.

Synopsis

Simon St George is one of the last in the line of the original dragon slayers. Along with his father Aldric and his friend Alythia he must tackle the dragon menace combining the old traditions with modern ways and weaponry. Unfortunately, the dragons now disguise themselves in human form. When Alythia vanishes Simon and his father make it their quest to find her. Can Simon and his father tackle the dragon menace in a modern world that has moved on? Will they be able to put aside their differences and work together? And who is this strange child of the orient that has a seemingly impossible link with the St George line?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532

PostSubject: Re: HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY   HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY - Page 3 EmptyTue 19 Dec 2006, 23:04

Was that a covert plug for a review?

"Read the rest from my review!"
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637

PostSubject: Re: HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY   HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY - Page 3 EmptyTue 19 Dec 2006, 23:12

berlioz wrote:
Was that a covert plug for a review?

"Read the rest from my review!"

Nah this is a covert plug for my review

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
marandina

marandina

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY   HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY - Page 3 EmptyWed 20 Dec 2006, 19:52

Currently reading "The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova. If you like vampire lore updated for modern times then you'll like this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casheroonie.com
Silverblue

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY   HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY - Page 3 EmptyWed 20 Dec 2006, 23:02

Just reading "Ugly" by Constance Briscoe - had waited for it to be published as PB and finally got it last week and so far it hasn't disappointed me.
Everybody who liked the books by Dave Pelzer (A child called "it" etc.) or similar ones will enjoy reading this one as well even though "enjoy" doesn't seem to be the right word... It's just shocking and upsetting what happened to Constance as a child.

Before that I've finished the first three books of the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella - well, the first one I really enjoyed, the 2nd and 3rd one... were not half as good and I was quite disappointed by them.
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY   HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY - Page 3 EmptyWed 20 Dec 2006, 23:50

I just got Ugly today and will start it after the Jodi Piquoilt one I am reading. x
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
Essexgirl

Essexgirl

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2006-11-10

PostSubject: Re: HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY   HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY - Page 3 EmptyThu 21 Dec 2006, 19:04

sirg0508 wrote:
Not updated for a while! Recent books I've enjoyed:

Gave up reading 'We Need To Talk About Kevin' for Babbling Books - couldn't get past page 2 but loads had said it's excellent so will try again later.

D Smile

I have just finished this book, the beginning is slow going, it does get better.
Back to top Go down
Silverblue

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY   HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY - Page 3 EmptyFri 29 Dec 2006, 08:08

Have just read "Little girl lost" by Barbie Probert-Wright and must say it really touched me.
Little Barbie was born in Germany and is a child of the war.
We're looking at 1945 and she was staying with her sister Eva (19) at that time, as everybody thought that this place would be safer for her. But soon Eva got scared about having to face the invasion by the aliies and she decided to take Barbie onto a journey through Germany to be reunited with their mother - a journey over several hundred miles on foot.

Also finished the 4th Shopaholic book now and it's better than parts 2 + 3, but not overly brilliant.

Oh, and then there's ugly which I have finished as well and I only can recommend it to everybody - I'm looking forward to the second part!

And finally - I'm just reading "A piece of cake" by Cupcake brown and so far it seems to be a good read as well.

(Not surprising I don't get round to write any reviews at the moment.....)
Back to top Go down
crispy

crispy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2006-06-15

PostSubject: Re: HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY   HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY - Page 3 EmptyMon 08 Jan 2007, 10:49

Just finished The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. Excellent book, very well written and a fantastic rallying cry for science in the face of what seems to be a resurgence of religious fundamentalism. If you don't want to be religious any more, this book will cure you!
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY   HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY - Page 3 EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 15:42

I've just finished The Red room by Nicci French. It's a very engaging book about a Psychologist who was attacked, and now there's been a murder the police are quick to presume it was her attacker. Basically they want it to be him to get 'Justice' for her, but she isn't convinced he did it. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
curious_tan

curious_tan

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2006-07-24

PostSubject: Re: HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY   HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2007, 01:50

I just finished after Xmas two books of Albom: One More Day and The Five People you meet in Heaven. These thin books are recommended to uplift our spirits - very inspirational...

I initially started James Patterson' Lifeguard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trivago.co.uk/member.php?&member=11883
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY   HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY - Page 3 EmptySat 20 Jan 2007, 13:33

Join Me by Danny Wallace and yesterday I did my first random good deed.

A very funny book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY   HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

HAVE YOU READ A GOOD BOOK LATELY
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3