www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.

Go down 
+8
atticusuk
Angus
Jill Murphy
kelr101
helencbradshaw
spoilt_little_brat
Lunah_c
Thingywhatsit
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam_Garland

Sam_Garland

Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2006-06-24

DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.   DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Jul 2006, 23:37

Why? If it had been socially acceptable for them to do it... you know they would have! Times change, kiddo.
Back to top Go down
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2006-02-27

PostSubject: Re: DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.   DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Jul 2006, 23:40

But is it socially acceptable or has society changed it to suit themselves?
Anyway better get back on topic before Miss Thingy raps us over the knuckles.
Back to top Go down
Sam_Garland

Sam_Garland

PostSubject: Re: DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.   DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 EmptyTue 25 Jul 2006, 23:44

Lunah_c wrote:

Lol, good point Lunah! This is best left to another topic, perhaps.
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.   DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Jul 2006, 00:03

Lunah_c wrote:
But is it socially acceptable or has society changed it to suit themselves?

They were all done in the past, people were just not as open about it. Especially the Royals.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.   DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Jul 2006, 00:50

Yep, people were raping, pillaging, and getting drunk on home brew thousands of years ago!

It's what Man does best!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Sam_Garland

Sam_Garland

PostSubject: Re: DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.   DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Jul 2006, 00:53

It's what I do best! (minus the raping... and it's been a good long while since I pillaged...).
Seriously though, back on topic - like berlioz said, the Diana incident was no more than a driving accident - no MI5, no planned murders, no royal family interference. Just another pointless death.
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.   DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Jul 2006, 16:39

Was just going to say- people have always been doing this sort of behaviour.

I dont think personally smoking, drinking and sleeping around is anything to be ashamed of. Ok maybe the sleeping around bit a little bit (!) but thats life!

ok so who wants to start a new thread......
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

Number of posts : 397
Location : I like it here, but I have a summer home in reality
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.   DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Jul 2006, 14:18

It's already been there, I think - look back.

What you do to yourself is your own business - it's only something to be ashamed of when it harms others.
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.   DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Jul 2006, 14:32

Indeed, smoking is a personal choice and should remain so.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

PostSubject: Re: DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.   DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Jul 2006, 22:09

Agree, it is a personal choice, the problem is smoking does affect others when done in public. When the smoke is blown out by the smoker, others have to inhale, so then others lose their choice.

Have to disagree on the ashamed bit though. To be ashamed of what you are doing indicates you know it is wrong and shouldn't be doing it. If you think smoking is wrong then you wouldn't be smoking, so I don't think any smoker would say they areashamed they do it. Maybe they would like to give up, but not ashamed.

However I think we have been down this road and came to the agreement that what you think will depend on whether you smoke or not. So best not to recover old ground.
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.   DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Jul 2006, 23:05

kop out.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.   DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Jul 2006, 23:10

Quote :
Have to disagree on the ashamed bit though. To be ashamed of what you are doing indicates you know it is wrong and shouldn't be doing it. If you think smoking is wrong then you wouldn't be smoking, so I don't think any smoker would say they areashamed they do it. Maybe they would like to give up, but not ashamed.

I would disagree although I think we are off topic here. I smoke. I should not. I am ashamed of my lack of willpower and know that i am killing myself. I think you can be a smoker and be ashamed.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

PostSubject: Re: DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.   DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Jul 2006, 23:31

Maybe guilty rather than ashamed. If you were ashamed you would do it in secret, and I don't think you do.
Back to top Go down
Sam_Garland

Sam_Garland

PostSubject: Re: DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.   DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Jul 2006, 03:03

Lunah_c wrote:
Maybe guilty rather than ashamed. If you were ashamed you would do it in secret, and I don't think you do.

Not at all - you can be ashamed of something and still do it anyway. For example, many concerned with their weight are ashamed of it but continue with their normal diet as usual - it all depends on if the shame outweighs the satisfaction/compulsion or not.
Back to top Go down
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

PostSubject: Re: DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.   DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Jul 2006, 11:06

But do they scoff on chocolate and burgers in full public view? No, usually it is in the comfort of their own home and where no one can see them. That is the difference.

They are ashamed, yes, so they do it in secret.
Back to top Go down
Sam_Garland

Sam_Garland

PostSubject: Re: DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.   DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Jul 2006, 12:08

Hang on, I think you've missed the point I was making - You said 'guilty rather than ashamed' and I was arguing that you can be ashamed and still do something anyway.
OK - better example then. I have a friend with an OCD about washing his hands - it's one of the most common ones there is. When we're in a restaraunt, he sometimes has to go to the bathroom six or seven times in the course of a meal. He washes them in public and at home because it is a compulsion, and he doesn't feel better until it's done. And, he's ashamed of it because he thinks it reflects badly on his mental stability.
What I'm saying is - it's entirely possible to be ashamed of something and continue doing it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

PostSubject: Re: DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.   DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Jul 2006, 15:19

But someone who is ashamed will attempt to and can stop whatever they are doing, unless of course it is something like OCD which is a completly different matter. A person would need extra help to solve that and it is not as though they could just say one day, OK, I will never wash my hands again.
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.   DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Jul 2006, 15:21

Lunah, I think you love arguing about anything but you do it so well. Wink
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.   DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Jul 2006, 15:22

No, arguing embarrasses her.
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.   DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Jul 2006, 15:23

No it doesn't, she is ashamed of it!
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.   DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Jul 2006, 15:24

LOL at you.
Back to top Go down
Jill Murphy

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2006-03-07

PostSubject: Re: DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.   DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Jul 2006, 16:21

Quote :
a painful emotion resulting from an awareness of inadequacy or guilt

Nothing to do with doing/not doing. All to do with being aware. Sorry Lunah. You're completely wrong and operating on an idiosyncratic definition of the word "shame"!
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.   DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Jul 2006, 16:24

I love Jill.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.   DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Jul 2006, 16:45

We don't do love and babies on this site !
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.   DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Jul 2006, 16:51

yes, but jill is special. She is a saint you know!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.   DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

DIANA AND DODI - years afterwards.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next